• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Empires:Dawn and Dusk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9

Empires:Dawn and Dusk is an RTS map which aims to bring technology,magic and fantasy creatures into a single RTS-map.Probably been done before.

The map also focuses into making your faction completely different from other players factions.The location itself gives your players some bonuses and units.E.g

Regional Bonuses
  • Cold regions will provide natural defense due to cold but invasions can cause a problem due to heat which the soldiers are not used to.(This is inavasion from cold region to non-cold region)
  • Desert regions have a lesser reiance on farms and water due to scarcity but have to fight for most other resources (excluding oil..hehe)
  • Coastal regions are excellent areas,resource rich due to the waters,but are hotspots for creep invasions
Other features

RACES
The units you command are strictly human,mechanical,summoned units etc.Units from other races have to be bought from outside or enticed to live in your nation.This has its pros and cons.

Orc
A strong race,but not known for social skills.They never manage to live in groups of more than 10,and many seek human asylum to escape from the 90% crazy orcs.Orcs are strong warriors,and are pleased in little else than war and do not demand use of facilities.However their high consumption of food alarms many of the human populace.

Naga
A race whose features include amphibious advantage,intelligence as well as magic powers,the naga are arguably the strongest of the neutral races.The naga fear the orcs,who reduced thier numbers,and are now looking for human asylum.They,have thier own religion which might make non-atheist populace unhappy.

RELIGION

Religion:The Black Cult
Your thinkers believe that the only way to appease the higher power called god is to sacrifice as many creatures in his name.This line of thinking results in an aggressive mentality among the populace.This religion mainly provides offensive bonuses to your units.

Popularity:6/10

Religion:Monothestic
Your thinkers believe that there is only one god and all other religions and creatures are out to get them.This causes an intolerance among the people for mercenaries and non-monothestic alliances but there are a lot of defensive bonuses to this religion.
Popularity: 8/10
Religion:Polytheistic

Your thinkers have assigned a god for almost every object out there.People have a very high faith in these gods,and the temples increase productivity.However the religion spreads slowly and is hard to follow.

Popularity: 4/10

Progress:
Terrain:Ill let you know when my terrainer finishes it
Triggers:About 12%
Units:About 14%

Some Units:
1.Spartan:
Yeah,we know what they are.Powerful,Slow metal age soldier which destroys almost any unit that gets in its way.

2.Striker:
Ridiculously fast,powerful cavalry.Has the Madden horse ability which reduces armour but increases speed.

Requirements:Light Warfare,Advanced Domestication,Breeding (1)

3.Blazean:
The first suicide bomber.Has an array of Suicide abilities to choose from.
Ablaze:Sets itself on fire,which damages all other units around him.
Corrosive Acid:Sprays acid all around himself,drastically redicing armour of the units around him.
Heal Explode:Kills himself to heal all allied units around himself.

Requirements:Alchemy,Advanced Chemical Control,Corrosive Potionry.

4.Twin Rifle:
Unit with low armour which fires with two rifles(duh).Has the twin rifle blast ability.

Requirements:Light Warfare,Gunpowder.

If you opt for Magic over technology,then you have to choose what kind of magic you want to pursue:-

1.Arcane
2.Elemental
3.Darkness
4.Alchemy

Lets say you chose darkness.So you a further choice
a.Necromancy(Revival from the dead)
b.Demonism (Summoning of demons)

Necromancy will give you :-
1.Skeleton Warrior
2.Skeleton Archer
3.Skeleton Mage
4.Plague Zombie
5.Skeletal Knight (Heavy warfare style chosen)
6.Skeleton Zealot (Light warfare style chosen)
7.Meat Wagon
8.Skull thrower (Siege emphasis chosen)

You can also choose to emphasise technology.This will disable further inroads into necromancy,but at the end of it you will get units like
1.Shadow Tank
2.Shadebomber

Necromancy deals mainly with raising from the dead.Demonomancy deals with summoning demosn.Both styles will have some units and one aspect namely
'Corruption' common which is corrpution of enemy units which will weaken them or make them join your army

Also,you will also get different units depending on your location.
And once you choose necromancy,it doesnt mean that you cant choose the other magics.Necromancy becomes your main branch,but you also can go for other branches.Thier power will be slightly weaker though.

EDIT:Unit list isnt complete.

Screenie
f0xgk.jpg

Credits to Oziris from the terraining workshop.This Island hosts the nerubians,who have no interest in alliances.Defeating them earns you a special relic.Nerubian Units are under construction.

Last edited:
Level 11
dont spam your own or some olse post, never. and always be nice to people even they are not nice to you.

now about this thread. whole idea seems interesting. i hope you will make progres on your project and upload finnished map here on hws. if you need any help feel free to post me.
sry for my bad eng.

Level 5
Wait a minute... is this the same as your Idea Thread?
Eh, I might aswell share:

There should be an option for no religion, like a Low-risk Low-reward type thing. If you choose a religion, you'd get some good stuff but there can also be bad things about it.

Level 8
I really love the idea of this, I had something similar planned for a future based game. I also encourage you to adopt a sophisticated diplomacy system, not just -unally, -ally, but vassalage system, trade agreements, trade blockades, peace treaties and more.

Level 9
Well my terrainer is working on the terrain but I havent heard from him,im trying to contact him.
There arent races.You choose your techtree (I got the isnpiration from a game called rival dynasties)

If you opt for Magic over technology,then you have to choose what kind of magic you want to pursue:-

1.Arcane
2.Elemental
3.Darkness
4.Alchemy

Lets say you chose darkness.So you a further choice
a.Necromancy(Revival from the dead)
b.Demonomancy (Summoning of demons)

Necromancy will give you :-
1.Skeleton Warrior
2.Skeleton Archer
3.Skeleton Mage
4.Plague Zombie
5.Skeletal Knight (Heavy warfare style chosen)
6.Skeleton Zealot (Light warfare style chosen)
7.Meat Wagon
8.Skull thrower (Siege emphasis chosen)

You can also choose to emphasise technology.This will disable further inroads into necromancy,but at the end of it you will get units like
1.Shadow Tank
2.Shadebomber

Necromancy deals mainly with raising from the dead.Demonomancy deals with summoning demosn.Both styles will have some units and one aspect namely
'Corruptomancy' common which is corrpution of enemy units which will weaken them or make them join your army

EDIT:Unit list isnt complete.

Last edited:
Project seems pretty cool. My suggestions: get rid of all that shit. Most players just like to have fun and kill each other(evidenced with DotA), they often don't heed those intricate systems, such as government and etc., and they are usually hard to trigger. Good luck, I hope you make the gameplay more simpler, and show us some races.

Level 9
I will try my best not to make it too complicated.If it turns up like that,I will cut some things off.(Prolly happiness)

Level 9
I agree with both,but I want the game to be easy to learn.I want to do that while still implementing the features I have planned.

Level 5
This sounds intriguing. I do have a problem with some of your wording however... Could you stop slapping the suffix "mancy" onto everything? Like instead of demonomancy, why not demonism or demonology, and instead of corruptomancy, corruption?

Level 9
Hmmm..puncho you do have a point.Demonism and Corruption it is.
sry for the bad english.
The new banner is made by dragonson!

Level 9
Hmm I completely forgot to mention something..
In the beginning you will have to choose a 'settling policy'

The settling policies are-
PermanentSemipermanent
Nations which choose to settle in one place are called permanent nations.The settled environment creates an atmosphere suitable for research.Also,their buildings are designed primarily for durability and hence they will be stronger.Nations which choose to have a kingdom based on thier old nomadic principles are called semipermanent nations.These nations have thier buildings designed to be moved away whenever possible.Thier units are also faster than normal,used to the nomadic lifestyle

Beginners are advised to go for Permanent.

Last edited:
Level 22
dont spam your own or some olse post, never. and always be nice to people even they are not nice to you.

now about this thread. whole idea seems interesting. i hope you will make progres on your project and upload finnished map here on hws. if you need any help feel free to post me.
sry for my bad eng.

If you've ever read the rules you'd know that you can bump once every two days, Mr 100 post. ._.

So can we get some screenies Nightblade, that's what people are most influenced by, imagery!

Level 9
Yeah,Im realising that now.I already deleted the 'you need water for farms' part in agriculture.
And thanks for the gem!

Level 9
The project ran into problems..It got accidently deleted.Fortunately I had a backup but that was very outdated,I had to start almost all over again.(Not that much progress was made..im too lazy for my liking).
I cant post screenshots because I dont have the terrain yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.