• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Broken Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
This is a project i have been going for a couple of months (Im the only one on it). I started on it to learn alot more about triggering and now i got big plans with it. (Not the map itself more the story about, Im gonna make a campaign which will end up so this map is after the king is dead).
The map is not protected while im working on it so if you want to go check for leaks whatever.
Please tell me what you think i should add and so on.
Basic info: Its a 3 player map which i would say would last well it is skill dependant. Check the ingame intro its a pretty short text but tells alot.
I got the idea of Giramane from Gilneas from warcraft lore.
Also i know that there is some small spots where i have terrained (South-left of the map) that is events for later so. Also please tell what events you think i should add and just tell me what you think in general.
Things that will be added soon:
More units.
Upgrades to units.
More work on the heroes(Since they are not "working" yet).
You have your HQ Chooser (The wisp looking one) take it to one of the Headquarters (Type -main to see them). Once it is there use the ability Choose Headquarter.

Having a Headquarter will only give you a limited income. There are several outposts(type -outposts to see them). They will give you a income boost. Some of the outposts will also allow you to create special units.

You can make units from your Barracks. You are gonna want to start making Infantry and Archers. These are "Basic Units" which will be the main part of your army. Then there are "Advanced Units". For example the mounted infantry.

The income system is pretty easy to figure out. You will get income each minute, a Headquarter would give you a 100 gold per minute. Most outposts give a small amount like 75. But Lasarai and Giramane are the exceptions.

There are 2 ways to get food. The small boost from outposts or make farms with your peasants. A farm costs 50 gold + 10 gold for the worker. Since the worker dissappears after building the farm. You can have a maximum amount of 20 farms which each gives 10 food.(You can have maximum of 15 workers (doesn't count the ones removed from farms).

There are very tough areas and outdoor bosses such as Tazad the lieutenant of An'zarok or the city of Giramane. But if you kill or in conquer if we are talking about Giramane you will get a very good boost in gold,army(special units) or something else.

Your lord is your most important unit once he starts to gain levels he will be able to "buff" your soldiers with different auras. You will also be able to create a maximum of 2 generals (There are 4 generals Ranger,Infantry,Magician and Mounted).

Headquarters: Sakura hills, Sarathiel Peaks and Maltroh Island.
(Sakura hills give 25 less food due to the distance from the others)
Outposts: Varthall War Camp, Lasarai Trade City, Salon Lumber Isle, The Shipyard and Giramane.
Giramane gives alot more income and makes a great outpost to defend at if you should loose your Headquarter.

Attachments

• Broken Kingdom.w3x
    855 KB · Views: 60
Status
Not open for further replies.