• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Infection of the Nightelf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Infection of the Nightelf

Alas! The noble nightelf find themselves on the brink of utter ruin, thier race and homeland divided by a contagious plague, said to have been carried by the winds from undead lands. The nightelf's once beautiful home has transformed into a treacherous war zone, with the sight of infection everywhere. A bloody struggle has ensued between the infected and the pure!

Here are some Ideas for the Map so far, I wont be releasing a playable version yet. It is not garunteed any of this will be permanent since this is still beta.

There can be a total 10 human players, and there are 2 required computer players. 5 players on each team, and 1 computer on each team.

There are 6 outposts spread across the map, 3 owned by the infected nightelf, and 3 owned by the pure nightelf. The outposts will have a vast number of purposes, they will heal you, defend you ,and will be where you purchase items and abilities (i'll explain more about this later). The point of the game is to capture all of the enemy outposts, so in the end your team has all 6. Each outpost has a Tree of Life in it gaurded by ancient protectors, once you destroy the Tree of Life your team will have captured the outpost.

It takes place in the ashenvale enviorment. I'm trying to make it seem pretty gritty and dark, with destroyed villages in numerous areas of the map, tainted rivers, blight, and of course fog. I've also added in ambient noises.

The hero creation is kinda similar to whats found in Guild Wars, but i got the idea long before I played that game, and it would be very unique in WC. Anyways, you'll first choose the primary class of your hero, which will dictate the ultimates he can get, and the primary attribute he will have. After you do this you'll choose your secondary class which will allow you to get the basic abilities of the chosen class. You'll get and upgrade abilities via purchasing them at skill trainers in outposts, they will cost gold and a skill point. You'll be able to customize your hero alot with this system, but it wont be too overwhelming for new players.

I plan to have alot of classes to choose from, atleast 5 for the first public version, and probably 8 or more later on ( i have alot of hero ideas). Heros will have a total of 11 abilities, 3 being ultimates.

There will be creeps, or more accuratley called, infected creatures, spread all acrosss the map, pretty much everywhere besides inside the outposts. This means you must kill creeps and level off them before you can engage the enemy. I like this idea, its better than enganging the enemy at level 1 with one ability and no items, and also you couldn't asasult an outpost at a low level. Creeps that are not in pathways or out in the open, will respawn 30-60 seconds after dying. The bounty of creeps is split between all nearby friendly units of the killing hero, this far more practical than just having last hit decide who gets the gold, especially since taking on the creeps early game will require some teamwork.

You'll be able to purchase nightelf units in the outposts. This would really help you in offense, since assaulting an outpost that has ancient protectors defending it, without an army to help would probably be too difficult.

I'm in need of people experienced with the object editor, PM me if interested. More info here http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?p=336744#post336744.

Attachments

• IotN.jpg
    IotN.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
Level 34
Looks nice. Looks nice. At the looks of the story it can succeed. Looks like Risk mixed with Dota. "Infection of the Nightelf"; sounds like a birthdisease or something haha. ^^

Level 4
Cool, I'm open to new ideas for the map..

On another note, its a kinda weird story how I came up with the name, but I shall exlpain for the sake of clarity.

First when I started the map, it was suppose to be a map with gameplay heavily influenced by the game "zerg infestation", and "the thing" from starcraft, so Infection just sounded like the most creepy and best word to use for that type of map.. I changed the map idea so significantly because I wanted to make a very cool hero creation system, and having gameplay like Zerg Infestation made it kinda weird to have that.. Also games like Zerg Infestation aren't really fast paced, its mainly a game of backstabbing (for me and other jackasses atleast), leveling off creeps, and patience. I didnt have outposts in the map at first, but once I got the idea of putting them in, I then started to gradually change the idea, and now its become what it is now presently!!

I'm about half way through with the map so far, so alot of my ideas that Ive been talking about I've already put in the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.