• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Element Tower Defense v. 4.0 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
This has definitely been a long time in coming, and much anticipated by fans of the map. Fortunately for Warcraft III players, version 4.0 of Element Tower Defense has been released!

With a completely redesigned game that includes, but is not limited to:

- New Terrain Look and Feel
- More Game Mode Options
- New and Exciting Towers
- Enhanced Gameplay With Full vJASS

there is plenty new to see with this map.

Drop by the forums at Element Tower Defense - Premier Warcraft 3 Game to learn more about the map, or download it right now from the Hive Workshop Map Section!

Level 15
Congratulations to Karawasa and the team for finishing this version. It surely involved a lot of work and promises to be a fine reward for all the effort. :smile:

Level 11
After almost two years of development, it is my great pleasure to announce that the much anticipated Element TD 4.0 has been released.

We have worked tirelessly to bring you more to look forward to:

• A handful of reworked and/or remade towers
  • A round of in-depth balance tweaks at all levels of gameplay
  • A few new and/or remade game modes
  • A refreshingly new terrain
  • A significantly updated loadscreen
  • A bunch of new features and commands
  • A host of performance optimizations
  • A slew of bug fixes

Allow me to present to you the worthy continuation of the Element TD series. I have received a lot of support from the community and my development team over the years, and this version is the culmination of our work. My vision has been realized with the 4.0, and I present to you the future of this genre.

Level 11
Out of interest, were you not trying to make or get someone to make a flash game of this TD? Or am I getting confused with someone else?

If so then hows that going?

Anyway, this version sounds nice.

Yes, I am currently working with two Silverlight developers to accomplish this. The project was recently revived (after giving up on a flash version for awhile), but a beta is planned in the upcoming weeks.

Interesting point of view, could you please elaborate?

Actually, I've hosted the game on Battle.Net a good amount of times since its release. Every game a good amount of people have said they disliked the new version. I personally had some complaints myself. One of them being all the custom icons. Players are more familiar with the normal icons and it makes game play slightly easier to some extent.

Level 7
Actually, I've hosted the game on Battle.Net a good amount of times since its release. Every game a good amount of people have said they disliked the new version. I personally had some complaints myself. One of them being all the custom icons. Players are more familiar with the normal icons and it makes game play slightly easier to some extent.

Yeah, the icons are confusing at start. And they totally don't match the Warcraft style, imho.

Level 11
Also, the different modes are rather confusing. I can't really tell what each one is by name.

This one we can work on. Which mode names are confusing to you?

Actually, I've hosted the game on Battle.Net a good amount of times since its release. Every game a good amount of people have said they disliked the new version. I personally had some complaints myself.

Do players give any reason as to why they dislike the new version? What aspects of the 3.0 are more appealing? What other complaints do you have?

Reactions: Ash
Level 18
Do players give any reason as to why they dislike the new version? What aspects of the 3.0 are more appealing? What other complaints do you have?

I for one enjoyed the game and felt that it retained the fun level from 3.0.

However, the one thing I did not find as a plus was the new terrain. I very much prefer the old terrain over most of the new, spare about 2 of the areas.

Level 28
Sure I can.
See, v4.0 is.. well it's hard to describe.. I don't like the new features like the teleport ability and stuff.
I think v3.0 was quite good balanced (although I never managed to do vh extreme chaos ar) and the towers were good as they were.
But that may just be me with my weird pov ;)

This one we can work on. Which mode names are confusing to you?

I don't remember the specific names, but I believe it was both of the Elimination Modes, for one. I felt I was clicking "Don't Care" a lot.

Do players give any reason as to why they dislike the new version? What aspects of the 3.0 are more appealing? What other complaints do you have?[/QUOTE]

Well, like your typical Battle.Net player, these people weren't critics. They just said, "This version is weird."

Level 11
I don't remember the specific names, but I believe it was both of the Elimination Modes, for one. I felt I was clicking "Don't Care" a lot.

I have renamed some of the more confusing dialog box titles. Granted there is a limited number of characters to work with, but I hope the 4.1 will resolve this issue for you.

so karawasa is the creator??..

Technically no, I am not the creator. mrchak is the original author, but he passed the torch several years ago.

Level 11
It was just balancing. We took a new approach to balance that will be tweaked in upcoming versions (i.e. that 7% may change). To summarize, the focus was in making more builds viable (i.e. 4 and 5 element builds are better, and 6 doesn't own everything), reducing the power of support (so you have to think about what damage towers you're using), and increasing the incentive to upgrade (upgrade > massing, always).

Reducing game duration is accomplished by Short Mode (and now there is Extra Short Mode too).

Couldn't edit above post for some reason...

Can a mod please take a look at the 4.0 map submission? It is still pending.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.