• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Element TD Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Element TD Final has started development. The development process is being taken very seriously. Teams of Beta Testers and Idea Developers have been put together. New forums have also been setup, to facilitate the development of the map.

You can expect the following things in Final:

-Every dual/triple element tower will either be tweaked or redesigned
-Heavy playtesting to ensure balance
-Resolution of outstanding bugs
-Addition of new content
-Recoding of entire map into JASS

The need for manpower is great. To ensure the highest quality map, rigorous playtesting is needed to ensure balance, and a bug free environment. As a result, your help would be greatly appreciated. If you are interested in contributing in any way, please don't hesitate to visit the forums:

www.eletd.com/forum

What is Element TD Survivor?

A Warcraft 3 TFT custom Tower Defense game based on six basic elements: Fire, Earth, Light, Nature, Water, and Darkness. Elements can combine to create hybrid towers with special abilities. There are 15 Dual-Element Towers and 20 Triple-Element Towers. To add to the replay ability, there are multiple difficulty settings, the option of playing with elemental heroes, and choosing from a variety of different victory conditions. See if you can survive 60 waves of creeps running though your onslaught of elements! It's a spotlight map from Blizzard Entertainment.

Basic Info:

Once the game started, you are allowed to choose for the game difficulty. Each difficulty has a unique setting. There are 5 levels of difficulty: Very Easy, Easy, Normal, Hard & Very Hard.

Depending on your difficulty level, more or less creeps spawn each round. If they leak they walk around again with their current health. After any player has defeated all of the creeps in his area the next round will begin for all players.

You get 1 lumber each 5 rounds. Spend it at the Elemental Summoning Center - summon an elemental and you can then infuse its element into towers. By mixing elements you can create towers with special abilities. By focusing on one element you can build strong pure elemental towers. To build level 5 single elemental towers you need to support it with an elemental essence, which costs 1 lumber.

Most spawned creeps have elemental armor. Each element is strong against one armor type and weak against another. See the tower descriptions for specifics.

Every 15 seconds you get extra cash based on your unspent gold (interest). Your interest rate starts at 2.0% and you can spend lumber to increase it.

You can sell towers too. 100% refund for non-elemental towers, 75% for elemental towers.
Type "-random" before the end of level 5 to have your lumber randomly spent for you. Not for the inexperienced.

Official Authors:
  • Mrchak
  • Karawasa
Want more info?

Visit http://www.eletd.com

Last edited:
Level 6
The map was great, but I think you should start new TD project or something. Since I hardly doubt this "final" version will offer any more enjoyment. Gl anyway the towers really werent balanced.

Level 11
@Everyone: Text has been fixed so it is less blue

@burned: I don't think that will be the case. A lot of towers are getting replaced with new towers, and a lot of other things are getting tweaked. It will surely offer more enjoyment.

At this point in development, I am seeking ideas for new abilities/towers. If you have ever wanted to see a certain ability/tower in a TD, this is your chance to contribute. http://www.eletd.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73

Last edited:
Level 11
@ragingspeedhorn: Glad you enjoy it.

Development is progressing along well. New abilities are starting to be coded (the map has already been converted to JASS), and there is need for only 5 more abilities to be brainstormed. I'm hoping to be able to put out the first beta around a week from now.

Level 4
great map, I've played most of the versions. Why are you bothering to convert it all to JASS. To get people to play this new version why not add a new element? Like air, ice or electicity. Also improve all the towers that require nature. The nature element doesn't seem as good as the others.

Level 11
Converting it all to JASS for the optimizations it bestows. As for getting people to play the new version, I think the major overhaul of current towers should be sufficient. No joke, about 20 towers will either become new towers or be changed significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.