• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Element TD 4.0 Public Beta Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
After 6+ months of development, I am proud to announce that the Public Beta for Element TD 4.0 is finally out.

I've decided to take a different development path with 4.0. With 3.0 I aimed to polish the game more. I accomplished this by improving balance, code, terrain, and so on. With 4.0 however, my aim was to bring the game to a new level. As a result, there have been many, many dramatic changes made.

It is my hope that you the player will find Element TD 4.0 to be a more unique and enjoyable experience than its predecessor. Keep in mind that this is a beta, and so Element TD 4.0 is still malleable. Don't hesitate to provide your feedback to help improve the game.

Element TD has only come this far thanks to the many invaluable contributions made by supporters of the game. To those involved with the development of the game, you have my sincere appreciation.

Visit the site, http://www.eletd.com, for a variety of useful links and information.

Level 23
Before I play it, I have to ask..

.. did you remake it with the thought in mind to prevent one single, best, superiour-in-all-ways tower combo strategy to reappear? 'Cuz that's what kind of ruined the replay value of last versions, imo. Major kudos in every whichway possible otherwise though, this map already was a gem in it's old incarnations.

Level 11
Before I play it, I have to ask..

.. did you remake it with the thought in mind to prevent one single, best, superiour-in-all-ways tower combo strategy to reappear? 'Cuz that's what kind of ruined the replay value of last versions, imo. Major kudos in every whichway possible otherwise though, this map already was a gem in it's old incarnations.

To answer your question, yes. Also kept in mind the opposite too, that no one tower combo strategy should be significantly worse than the others.

Level 23
To answer your question, yes. Also kept in mind the opposite too, that no one tower combo strategy should be significantly worse than the others.

Eeexcellent.
mr%20burns.jpg

Level 36
Just finished it. Managed to get to several hundred Ronald's before I died. It's excellent, I must say.

All of the towers feel useful, and there's a noticable difference in how your combo performs after getting a new tower, I loved that. the balancing works quite well, and I didn't notice any bugs at all.

Great work!

Level 4
Karawasa, the new version is amazingly better than 3.0, I've played several times now (only on random), and I've yet to find an elemental combination that's made me go "ugh... can't win with these". It is very balanced, and I'm glad to see no uber-slow combination exists that would allow you to essentially stop movement altogether.

However, I've been testing out the extra modes, and I've found two that I like, but unfortunately cannot combine. Is there any way that for the final version you could split the menu that asks for Normal/Short/Competitive? I like the Enfo's feel of the Competitive mode, but I almost always play on Short because I don't like doing the exact same build for 15 rounds before I figure out the elements that got chosen for me. If there was a way to play on Short and Competitive at the same time, that would be awesome!

Obviously, there's probably a reason this isn't allowed, but I'm just trying to make a suggestion. Hope it's considered, and once again your map is excellent, as-is.

vhx

vhx

Level 3
I kind of like the new version. The only problem I have is:
Disease towers. Basically useless IMO. I thought maybe it was a fluke that the first time I used them, I leaked a ton and lost the game a few rounds after I built it. So the next game I got the same combination again and made it. Lost again.

Nice idea in theory however the locusts take too long to reach the enemy. It is not instant. The more enemies you have the worse it gets. So for instance one locust chases one down, it's too slow to catch up, so it loses target goes to another. That may be too fast, or atleast get one hit in.

You end up losing a TON of DPS that an instant attack tower could better do. Well that and the fact it takes mana to activate. IMO that tower needs to be remade or replaced.

Level 17
Oh, something I really wanted to dig at... Floating text :mad:

Floating text causes leaks! Leaks cause lag! Lag causes... I dunno...
Also, the units in the middle... Units on startup make lag to :p
Because I want to go play your map again, here's a rather small tut on reducing lag, a while in game it does start getting rather laggy (10 players all massing towers)...

http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=41198

Level 19
Yes floating texts cause leak because of string leaks and may be because of some other thing

Hear what Im gonna say
1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 floating texts will slow game a little little little bit

Level 4
I absolutely love every update, the only thing i miss is (maybe this was a different game, my memory is total garbage) the towers that share upgrades, i never got a chance to use those and the concept seemed cool.

My only complaint is that the flesh golems damage increasing ability caps out :(

i LOVED flesh golems, but now they aren't as useful to me since they max out and become outclassed by the creeps =/

Level 34
I found this game challenging. Is there supposed to be specific builds? Or are you supposed to be able to win using any combination of towers? It took me a while to beat the game on very easy. I can't imagine hard!

Level 19
There are good tactics that you can win on hard
But game needs a good knowladge about it to be able to play in very hard

Level 11
I found this game challenging. Is there supposed to be specific builds? Or are you supposed to be able to win using any combination of towers? It took me a while to beat the game on very easy. I can't imagine hard!

There are specific builds, but you are supposed to be able to win with all the standard ones. What I mean by this are 4, 5, and 6 element builds (less than 4 elements isn't optimal).

You need to plan how you take your elements, going Water 3 right away isn't smart. You want a good variety of towers, because support effects are strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.