• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Super TD(Name will be changed eventually)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Super TD idea(Name subject to change, probably)

Note: Fill in the blanks are to be filled in later and is open to suggestions

Story:
What I had for the story is being re-written as you are reading.

Story is fairly long and needs to be shortened and of course refined.

Major Features that need help with:
1. Save/load for your region/town’s population (score, and city changes models based on number) and the loading of a hero exp (exp will be the score also) that may carry 5 unique artifact which is you may choose by completing different difficulties. (up to 5 items for each difficulty hopefully 3 or 4 items per difficulty and one bonus item for a special occasion)

Or basically this format
Name Based- Score – Difficulty completed item
Of course it needs to be scrambled include #’s (hopefully color coded for each)

Feature List:
  1. Town
    a. Workers, not to be confused with saved population experience,will replace wood and be used for technological upgrades.
    b. You will receive only one scientist, which came from the metropolis, to be your master builder because he is familiar with most of it already.
    c. It will have a spellbook for tower upgrades containing spellbooks for pure elemental, pure non elemental, and also combined towers. I instead hope to use this to unlock technology capabilities while not upgrading the towers themselves by using the workers as research points and keeping gold for the towers.
    d. Has an income based on your technology of Resource Collection. Name may be changed later.
    e. May also research amount of wood increased per round with gold
    f. Hopefully will have a banking system that may use wood to increase it’s interest rate as well
  2. Towers
    a. The towers System will be based off many features. To begin each will be using skilled attacks that has mana costs on some more powerful spells. The towers attack types will be based off element td(tweaked a little) where there are 6-8 elements each weaker and strong to a few and non-elemental beginning towers. The elements will also be researched technology upgrades.
    I. Each skill will have 5 damage/Effect levels based on technology upgrades bought inside your city. Buying level 2 will subtract cost from level 5 eventually.
    II. Each skill will have 5 cooldown speeds based on technology upgrades bought inside your city. Buying level 2 will subtract cost from level 5 eventually.
    b. As for combined elements and technology I’m not only combining the elements but infusing non-elemental thing together.
    c. The towers attack types will be based off element td(tweaked a little) where there are 6-8 elements each weaker and strong to a few and non-elemental beginning towers. The elements will also be researched technology upgrades. Eventually it will lead to multiple feature towers combining elements and/or non-elemental attacks. (My example is poison coated bullets/artillery that explode with fires intensity for area of effect damage upon impact for a dual element + non element combination)
    d. I hope I get a lot of custom models for this game and have the models size be changed slightly for when upgrading

3. Heroes
    a. Experience will be saved each hero will be able to attack but will make a medium affectivity against the defense part of the td.
    b. There will be items that may be rewarded by completing each difficulty, which allows 5 items, each one of 3-4 items from a difficulty, that will be able to be destroyed for new ones incase you didn’t like what you picked.
    c. They will contain both abilities that both hurt the creeps and benefit the city, and I even plan to make a few that harm both. An example is stench of death- by bribing some citizens families (doesn’t affect population scores) you kill and infect their bodies and place it near creep entry points in order to cause (skill level x some amount) of damage per second for 20 seconds.
    d. The heroes, unlike some other td’s that have them, will be a major deciding factor of ultimately completing the impossible difficulty of the game where the final boss emerges.
  4. Creeps
    a. I said before it will be similar to element td’s system of armor and damage; however, each wave will include a hero, or mini-boss, of the enemy.
    b. Each of the hero/mini-bosses will of course be about 3x more hp than the creeps and include auras or skill that either aid himself or the creeps around him.

[*]Boss(What makes my TD Different)
    a. In the hero section I stated there was going to be a final boss secluded to the impossible difficulty ending.
    I. The final boss who is still an unsure name and model will drop the 6th and final item a hero may save and carry.
    II. The battle will be performed by your now godlike hero in command along with the help of several towers of your choice.
    III. And due to your spending of wood (workers) in income a training camp to spend your money being gained throughout the fight will be implemented and it will offer population in “super suits” for an extremely high but well worth it price.
    IV. The final boss fight will be one word. Epic.
    [*]Summary if you do not enjoy reading
    For a simple summary of what it is its; Solo TD, non-maze, elemental armor/damage system, income and banking system, wood(workers) to use for technology and income upgrades, and a hero that saves and may receive items upon winning difficulties, the towns population is the score that is the same as heroes exp that is loaded it will allow some bonuses after reaching a certain population while also changing size based on population to show unlocking of these spells, and the final is when on impossible you take your hero, several towers, and use your population/score to produce some backup to fight against the final boss to get the true "victory".

Decent feature agreed? It’s the TD that turns into a boss fight with heroes and flying towers for the ultimate showdown. It may change to several tower selections to come with you and a helping hand from your town’s population and the technology of super suits.

Ok, long enough description now to progress

Unfortunately I do not plan to do the entire thing by myself because I can’t mainly. So I propose to have a fair sized team to complete each part of the map.

PROGRESS

Terrain:
Presumably a solo TD for 6 or 8 players I hope someone comes up with a revolutionary regional path system, or at least a good one. I do not plan on it being a maze off. A final boss fight location will be appreciated if someone wants to make it.

Cinematic:
A short intro describing the situation if it becomes unable to fit on the loading screen. Next is the short Introduction to the boss for anyone who is left in game upon completion of the last level and is NOT on impossible difficulty. Another for when a person is on impossible difficulty, if multiple people make it to the ending it’ll just initiate a vote on which one will take on the boss. And finally an epic death scene of the boss a following it is a short scene showing the reward of the 6th item. I am a beginner at cinematic still so anyone experienced people are welcome.

Towers:
Anyone want to make models for tri combination towers? As for the skills I hope to do must but will be accepting of ideas for each of the triple combination towers. Ill re-post my one example posted above
(My example is poison coated bullets/artillery that explode with fires intensity for area of effect damage upon impact for a dual element + non element combination)
I do not necessarily need all combinations for every element and non elements just enough to make them all unique though

Creeps:
Accepting level Ideas currently but most will be done by me hopefully. As for the boss the name and fight is the last thing that will be done.

Save/Load:
Anyone up for making one? I’ll re-post what it needs

Name Based- Score – Difficulty completion items – Final Boss Item
Of course it needs to be scrambled include #’s (hopefully color coded for each)

Trigger/Memory Leak checker:
Anyone experts in these? I'm sure most won't be a problem for me and leak checking tools but it is possible to still have a few...

And finally the most Important: Alpha Testers!
Step 1 Alpha: After the Towers and skills are completed hopefully I will upload a map with each tower and its upgrades and a unit –spawn command to see how each tower does.
Step 2 Alpha: Obviously for such a big TD many balance changes will need to be done and many bugs will be found before a beta is released and thing will be uploaded on this page instead of heading to the maps page.

Once the project reaches a turnover point where most of the ideas are implemented it will be released to the maps section and will (hopefully) receive a directors cut rating of 5 stars. After that The game will be MORE open to ideas and changes of the public, but still not open source.

A note: Currently most of what I am able to do is solely GUI anyone teaching me conversions may be appreciated. I am doing this project for 2 reasons. One that I like war craft and want to make maps I do not see often. Two I am currently an International Baccalaureate student and as part of creativity hours I chose to make WC maps, so any help is appreciated! Sorry the thread isn't pretty and has pictures yet but it will soon!!

Want to help? Contact:
The Hive workshop: Bpapman

Xfire: Therealbpapman
(I have bpapman too but its hard to transfer friends)

Steam: TehSkibum
(It's left on normally all weekend long)

Warcraft 3 TFT: Bpapman
US West and US East
(Mostly West)

Project Begins first Monday of February. :grin::mwahaha:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.