• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Element TD 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
semi-yuge-header.png
from Element Studios

fbx50.png  linkedin2x50.png  ytx50.png

Since its Warcraft III beginnings in 2005, Element TD has seen releases in Starcraft II, Dota 2, and on mobile. Now, after 15 years of tower defense development, Element Studios promises the best rendition of Element TD yet!

Overview

Element TD 2 is a competitive multiplayer tower defense game based on elemental combinations. The elements that you choose determine the towers that you can build. Creeps have diverse elements and abilities, requiring you to utilize towers of different combinations to counter them. Compete against other players and prove that your defense can last the longest!

• Competitive multiplayer with up to 8 players
  • Global servers allow for cross-region play
  • 44 towers with unique abilities and multiple upgrade paths
  • 56 creeps to challenge your defenses
  • 7 maps to mix up your tactics
  • 6 elements (Light, Darkness, Water, Fire, Nature, Earth)
  • 5 modes (Random, Chaos, Short, Extreme, God)
  • Leaderboard to compete against others worldwide
  • Replay support to show off victories and learn strategies

System Requirements
MINIMUM:

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system  

Processor: Dual Core CPU
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: 1536 VRAM
DirectX: Version 9.0
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 4 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:

Processor: Quad Core CPU
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: 3072 VRAM
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 4 GB available space

○ This standalone sequel boasts colorful visuals and an easily navigable user interface.

History
Click to View

wex50.png
Warcraft III
Initially released in June 2006

sc2x50.png
Starcraft II
June 2011

dotax50.png
Dota 2
February 2016

playstorex50.png
Playstore
June 2016

appstorex50.png
Appstore
July 2016

steamx50.png
Steam
February 2020

The development team includes the Hive's own Karawasa.
You can follow their news and updates on their website and forums.

Element TD 2 releases on February 28th, 2020.

Last edited:

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
Warcraft III
Initially released in June 2006

Does it mean it's blizzard's property?

On more serious note tho, I played the mobile version a while ago and I like it in overall. But the main flaw is that specific combinations are way more effective than the rest, so the game was merely all about finding the best possible element combination, which doesn't feel like its actual full potential. I hope they have balanced things out in this release. But congratulations nevertheless!

Level 24
I'm happy modders are leaving the modding platform for real games.
Keep it up.

As for the game itself, it looks alright.
I never played a TD except for Plants vs Zombies because i find them boring, so i would love if the game took inspiration from that game.
The effects seems to cause a lot of brightness when overlapped, that's something that should be fixed.

Level 24
Leaving some feedback here.

There's an issue with visual noise.
There's too much on the screen that wants to grab your attention.
You should sort things by order of importance:
1 Incoming units
2 Towers
3 Your builder
4 Lanes
5 Background

You can see what i mean with the attached screenshot.
There's a lack of contrasts and tone range.
Use the list of priority for reference.

The background should have less contrast and be more blurry so that it's less distracting.
The animations of the enviroment needs to be slowed down to a point so that it's not as distracting anymore.
If you fix this then you can remove the glow around the units, which is honestly a telltale of bad design.
It's always used in games where characters blend too much in with enviroment because there's no clear art direction.
Early LoL or Smash on handheld devices are great examples if you want to see what i mean.

A good example of contrasts can be found in dota.
Heroes either have strong colors or strong black/white tone.
While the background is soft/fogged with mostly the same colors all over.
So the important things pop more and overall it gives a more sleek and professional look.
ss_d0f973ce376ca5b6c08e081cb035e86ced105fa9.1920x1080.jpg

I think the sand level is by far the most well designed one because of this.
Grass level coming in to a close second.

Attachments

• Greytones.jpg
    Greytones.jpg
    996.4 KB · Views: 157
  • Greytones.jpg
    Greytones.jpg
    996.4 KB · Views: 122
Level 12
Oh my god! You're the one who made this map, I didn't even make the connection. I have to try this new version !!!

EDIT :
I see thats not a map, that's now a complete application for Android. Well done !!!

Last edited:
Level 11
Surely it should be called "Element 2D"? :ogre_hurrhurr:

Why? It's a 3D game.

Oh my god! You're the one who made this map, I didn't even make the connection. I have to try this new version !!!

EDIT :
I see thats not a map, that's now a complete application for Android. Well done !!!

Uh the Android version came out like 4 years ago. This new version is PC on Steam.

Level 12
Why? It's a 3D game.

Uh the Android version came out like 4 years ago. This new version is PC on Steam.

Oops. Yes really sorry, I was away for 16 years and sometimes I am having a hard time catching up with all the amazing things the community has done ever since :)

Level 16
Reality hit em probably, video games are actually a lot of work.

When done alone yes, but in a good team I don't see how that's a lot of work. A friend of mine is a game designer (is that what a game maker is called?), and he makes games on his own until he gives up on a project at about 25% of the work.

Working alone requires an immense amount of discipline and / or an otherworldly support from outside.

Level 24
That's why solo developers should always scale down projects that they can finish.
Productive work is not really about discipline, but habitual work and reserving your willpower by removing distractions.
I thought i lacked discipline myself, but i've become a productive person and it's all thanks to:
Habitual work + clear focus = hyper productivity.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

For the old school players...five keys first come first serve!

AXKNC-02BEY-H340N
FBWBP-BCX9E-HVRMB
FZAHQ-C76VH-JR5FA
CKMI9-IE9Y8-BEVHJ
J2EGZ-WMY0J-K7ARZ
Lovely <3 but I can't download it right now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.