• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Element Icon Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Gnomish_Mage.jpg

Element Icon Contest

This contest is based on the creation of THREE (3) icons which perform abilities based on the 8 elements (not all in one icon!):
Water (Ice included), Fire, Nature, Earth, Magic, Light, Darkness and Electricity.

Come on, Join the contest!!!

Contest Rules And Conditions
    • No submission may violate any of the site rules.
    • If a submission does not follow the icon submission rules the creator will be disqualified.
    • You have to submit 3 different icons.
    • All the icons submitted have to be based on different elements.
    • All submissions must follow the current theme. If any icons does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
    • Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must contain:
      • The icons with: BTN, DISBTN, PAS, and DISPAS borders (at least)
      • The images on a bigger file format than the icon (more than 64x64)
      • The Photoshop or GIMP files of the created icon
      • A description of the icons, which kind spell could fit the icons, and the elements of the icons
    • Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
    • Teamwork is not allowed.

Contest Prizes And Winnings
  • First Place: 20 reputation points and an award icon
  • Second Place: 15 reputation points
  • Third Place: 10 reputation points

Contest Judging And Voting
  • Judges:
    • pippo
    • Pyramidhe@d

[*]Judging Criteria:
    • The player with most points is the winner of the contest.
    • Total score is the addition of the following fields:
      • The vote of the first icon (from 0 to 10)
      • The vote of the second icon (from 0 to 10)
      • The vote of the third icon (from 0 to 10)
      • The number of the votes of the public poll

Contestants

If you would like to enter the contest simply make a post in this thread, stating the information about your entry.
(Your name, and the elements that you will draw in your icons. Example: PippoKiller; fire,water,light.)

Contestants NamesElements of the icons
Army-of-Pandas???-???-???
supertoinkzFire-Electricity-Earth
UnholyDobry???-???-???

Contest Dates And Deadline
  • The contest shall begin on Date of Approval and conclude on [rainbow]No Date Decided
    Time[/rainbow] (GMT)

Last edited:
Level 13
I say we should have a contest for funny stuff.. Like

We have to create 6 icons of the funnyest things that comes to our mind, Just like the Leprechaun on a stik of Skywalker.

Here is why i created the contest (my idea):
1. Create a contest where win the better icons (3)
2. Create another contest where the people have to create spells based on that icon...The best spell shall win...

Why not?

Level 11
i like the idea im looking foward to this contest if it gets approved but i dont get one thing you said we need to make 3 icons does all icons need to be of same element or we need to make one icon for each element (out of 3 chosen) or make anything we like (eg 2 icons watter and 1 darkness or something like that)?

Level 13
i like the idea im looking foward to this contest if it gets approved but i dont get one thing you said we need to make 3 icons does all icons need to be of same element or we need to make one icon for each element (out of 3 chosen) or make anything we like (eg 2 icons watter and 1 darkness or something like that)?

You have to do 3 icons with 3 different elements.
example:
1st:water
2nd:fire
3rd:darkness+
and NOT:
2nd:water
3rd:water
and NOT:
2nd:fire
3rd:fire

Ok, but who and when will this be moved to archive?
I dunno. Eventually.

Hmmm if you guys are refearing to Pheonix competition 3 i think this is different theme since in this contest it is required to make 1 icon for each of 3 chosen elements and not spells, but i gues they are very similar, I just hope this gets aproved, since we need more icon contests.

It's still the same theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.