• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Icon "pack" contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hive.jpg
Well, since the phoenix one is over how about making an official icon competition like the texturing competition or the modelling competition.

I'd suggest as the first theme: Elements

Rules:
-90% freehand, at least. This is an icon, it should usually be completly freehand anyway.
-Should have something to do with elements, that is: air, fire, water, earth, lightning, nature, darkness, light...
-The icon(s) must be made for the contest, so no old works.
-You must make at least two icons to enter, mostly since one icon isn't much. Feel free to make more.
-Deadline would be after 25 days, which is WAY enough to make two icons OR MORE.
-The icon pack will be submitted in .blp format. I cons can be either 64x64 in size or 48x48 (thats the dimension for those attack type icons). Feel free to work in bigger formats but the icons must be resized when submitted.

After the deadline, a voting thread will be opened where users can vote for their favorite icon packs.
Prizes include 30 rep for the first place, 20 for the second and 10 for the third. Including a nice trophy.

There will be no judging, exactly like the other official contests. Besides, it could cause favoritism.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 32
Phoenix Challenge #2

The Administrators and Arena Moderators will determine when the next icon contest is to begin and precisely what that challenge might entail.

Thanks to all the talented icon artists who participated in the successfully completed Phoenix Challenge #1.

Thanks also to the many responsible users who bothered to vote in that poll.

Last edited:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

But what about the real voting?

Level 32
Just FYI

There's not going to be a "real" vote, Chriz..

The Kelani Mage is going to print out all the .tga files onto card stock and force his grandmother's blind three-legged dog to lick one out a pile of deer poop covered with honey.

Just go read teh voting thread WILL

Werewulf walked away with Phoenix Trial #1

I know, I know, but I just meant it should be like any other regular contest. Where the votes count for 100% of the score.

Judging is good, but it can take long if the judges are lazy (not pointing in any way to Daelin, which was more than active enough) or it ensures the entire community has their opinion counting equally.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I'm still confused, there won't be a judging now? It was just planned to be a joke from the start?

Level 32
Phoenix Challenge #1

I'm still confused, there won't be a judging now? ...

To the best of my knowledge you are correct. Even if the contest was ORIGINALLY planned to include a second tier judging phase, I believe that possibility has been discarded and the wishes of those voters who have spoken with their ballots have prevailed. Democracy rules.

Daelin: CMIIW.

Level 45
dont overestimate yourself, you're good, great even, but maybe someone will get a better idea and MAYBE even do it better...

Just because you enter doesn't mean you'll win. Your won't always have the best entry...

I know, but i think its unfair that a person who wins in a skinning contest gets to enter in the 2nd one or the 2nd icon contest ect. (although iv entered the 2nd skinning contest ages ago >.<) I think there should be a rule, if a person wins a certain contest, they cannot enter the next one.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Daelin's inactivity has created a problem I suppose.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

No, of course not, I guess it was just his thing and we haven't thought about it for a long while.

Status
Not open for further replies.