• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim ! {lulz?^^}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 48
I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of the community wants crossbows. Crossbows are vastly different from bows; They reload slowly, they have bolts(which deal tons of damage), and hand crossbows could even be one-handed(with a shield in the other hand). Besides, everyone wants more types of weapons, and hopefully more skills\perks to go with them. I guess everyone wants all of the weapon variety from Morrowind, and I am inclined to agree. At least give us spears and crossbows!

Because honestly, screw bows. Bows are lame. Crossbows FTW.

Level 12
Screw crossbows. A real marksman uses a bow and arrow, draws the bow with his own arm muscles and shoots the target with his own skills. Crossbows would only make the game unbalanced. Screw slow loading, high damaging crossbows. I would only go with the spears or polearms, but even then a second one handed weapon type would had to be released for the balance again. But well, it's not even so hard to add one handed clubs in the game, so I would be ok with spears.
But screw crossbows! And I don't care if majority wants crossbows, majority is wrong! SCREW MAJORITY SCREW CROSSBOWS!!!1111 :p

Level 12
Well, I have spent shit-ton of hours but I didn't finish it yet as well. I was too busy immortalizing the dragonborn. At last, I created the gear that makes spells doesn't consume magicka at all. 3 pieces for each school.

You know, normally the game doesn't reward spell-caster types well enough right? But when you do that, you become even more OP than a full skill points melee fighter.

Level 8
I've pretty much just started recently, game is awesome. However when I travel to a quest location there is always a mountain or something blocking my way and I can't seem to find a way around or over to get to where I need to go, annoying! I'm probably just impatient but I only have so much time to play and explore.

Level 12
Skyrim is a mountainous area, you'll be fine when you find out the main roads. You should take help from the map, it's easier to figure out which way to take, because the awesome 3d map shows the physical geography too.

Level 17
Got back into it, but finding it kinda irritating i built a melee character when as soon as i Don bow my dmg out put goes up by a factor of 10 and now i dont even take dmg when assassinating peeps. Oh well yey bows. Also whats up with the bugs spot. Randomly killing all the dragons with 0 Dmg due to hiding behind rocks. You can do the same thing with alot of dungeons.

And AI bugging a bit. Was in the discovery of Thalmore quest where you sneak into the party. At the exit the frost troll just stood there while i shot it with arrows. It could see me but didnt bother attacking o_O

And yey COC command for quick travel to unfound regions

Level 35
And AI bugging a bit. Was in the discovery of Thalmore quest where you sneak into the party. At the exit the frost troll just stood there while i shot it with arrows. It could see me but didnt bother attacking o_O

I had a dragon that did that.. it was just sitting on a cliff peak without doing anything. (It did look awesome when I was almost done killing).

Level 48
Yeah. I'm currently running around with a regular, but improved and enchanted crossbow. I'm waiting until I get the super-awesome enchanted Dawnguard Axe, Shield, and Enhanced Dwemer Crossbow before I go to Solitude, grab my potion of blacksmithing +50% and improve the shit out of all of them to become the ultimate vampire hunter. :D

Level 12
So, what do you think of this DLC everyone? Well, I am not quite sure if you ask me. It had like, only 3-4 hours of gameplay in it, and some parts (like going back and forth between wayshrines to collect water) were really bald.

Also, I think Werewolf and Vampire Lord forms are just more benefitful for low-level characters. I don't think any Werewolf or Vampire Lord guy could ever surpass a warrior with some OP gear, so it really doesn't come very handy if you've got a super daedric armor with restoration-glitched enchantments, because obviously you will see that you are far more powerful in your regular form rather than Vampire Lord or Werewolf forms then. Also, I've never witnessed a Vampire Lord defeating an Ancient Dragon in head-on one vs. one combat.
I call this the downside of attributes removal.

I hope that I could find some mod that modifies lycanthropy values according to player skills. That would be better, I guess..

Level 34
Please post a thread in the computer forum for a response on your build. Not trying to be rude, just don't want to derail this thread.

Thanks!

Level 27
Haha i spent multiple 4 hours modding this game to hell with all kinds of graphics stuff and whatever only to find out multiple times that it didn't work and two times i found out that it was something very stupid and then i deinstalled it again now i have it finally modded and stable not crashing or interfering with any other mod. The folder is 18 GB, although i believe i had it alot bigger last time. Only problem is now that i've already played it without all these things once for 150 hours or so and now i kind of realize it doesn't really make the game that much different but im not going to throw away hours of downloading and copy paste work again so... lol

Level 35
Haha i spent multiple 4 hours modding this game to hell with all kinds of graphics stuff and whatever only to find out multiple times that it didn't work and two times i found out that it was something very stupid and then i deinstalled it again -snip-

Hehe, I found one that made all snowflakes in the game have 5 times the texture size... most comments was that it had completely fucked skyrim frame rate when they installed it.

Myself I stick to food and furniture improvements and a small updated, but same size landscape texture change. (and a ton of mods not for graphical appearance).

Level 18
>Unable to play Oblivion and Skyrim
>play complete Morrowind with expansion
>megauberlag in the "new" areas added in Bloodmoon
>havent played over 3 months becasue of the lag
>know how awesome and heavy Skyrim is
>see people here and in other places bitch about how the graphics and new content suck even with extreme user customizations
>mfw

158487-albums5564-picture65064.gif

Level 35
hmm Skyrim came out on 2011 and still didn't try it(mostly because my pc couldn't handle it back then)...do you guys think it's worth trying it now that I have a gaming pc??

Lets put it like this:
12556-one-does-not-simply-beat-skyrim1.jpg

Or for references:
what-if-arrow-to-the-knee-jokes-are-irrelevant-to-skyrim-but-are-to-troll-people-who-dont-play-it-thumb.jpg

tumblr_maa9nxuiQO1rnt3obo1_500.jpg

But what it all comes down to is a splendid game you'll enjoy playing for a long time, even more if you take the time to install some of the great mods out there.

Level 11
For those playing the game I would suggest how to enhance your game exp. by adding some mods if you are a person like me... I love immersion and exploration so these are the mods I would suggest:

- SkyUI (Better user interface - you need this)
- Guard Dialogue Overhaul ( guard's don't seem to use all dialogue options, and this is the fix ;)
- Convenient Horses ( yea they become convenient )
- Frostfall ( add more survival to the game without braking the actual gameplay ... the best )
- SkyRe ( Or Skyrim Redone, is a mod that changes the way Skyrim perks and sistems work from the core, also making it much more difficult )
- Pure Waters ( water is ugly in Skyrim so this makes it awesome )
- Immersive Armors and Weapons ( gues what it is )
- Wet and Cold ( mod that adds more immersion to the game )

And many more... you can find them all on Skyrim Nexus and use your combination's... also If you have any sugestions please tell me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.