• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Edge45 Art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
EHeader1.png

I've decided to make my own thread of the artworks that I've made. Whether it's bad or good it's up to you.

While I'm just average at Photoshop, I'm getting really used to it by mouse, can't wait to get me a Graphics Tablet, as I'm also doing pieces by traditional means.
I would appreciate any tips given ^^.

2017 - Okay, so by this time, I've stopped digital and will be unto traditional for sometime. I got mostly a specialty for pencils, but very soon I get to go for inking.

Last edited:
Level 20
Looks good. I'm no expert on art, so no tips here, but...

1) Out of the dragons, the red one is by far the one I like most :)
2) The Setting Sun environment has this Nagrand-ish vibe to it which I really, really like :)
3) The swords... well, I either like super-realistic/medieval type weapons or over the top fantasy ones and yours are kinda in between - if that's the look you were aiming for, good job :)
4) I'm not much of a fan of modern/technology art, but these seem to look like your earlier work - still, I wish I could draw anything even remotely close to that :)

Anyway, keep working - your work is looking great!

Level 24
Some old stuffs

undeadsymbol-png.242730
nagasymbol-jpg.242731

jet_wyvern_by_edgypooh45-da9g6u7.png
guardian_dragon_by_edgypooh45-da6xij4.png
cyrus_the_watcher_by_edgypooh45-da66flq.jpg

frostmourne_by_edgypooh45-da9tz84.jpg
deidiaccus_by_edgypooh45-da9k2mh.png
yoru_blackbladenight__by_edgypooh45-da4xrzr.png
vanguard_s_blade_by_edgypooh45-da66f7j.png
baronedge_by_edgypooh45-da4kj5l.png

wetly_by_edgypooh45-da86hn5.png
setting_sun_by_edgypooh45-da7stir.png
oaken_dawn_by_edgypooh45-da76g65.png
pale_light_by_edgypooh45-da6xisv.jpg

prism_panzer_by_edgypooh45-da7ssof.png
flettner_fl_293_gewehrkrahe_by_edgypooh45-da76f30.png
planeart5_oceanjet__by_edgypooh45-da4xqdd.jpg
water_jet_by_edgypooh45-da4g7eb.png
falconprismtank_genericback__by_edgypooh45-da3xvp0.jpg
planeart3_thedeadpherithian__by_edgypooh45-da3xvng.jpg
planeart2_fleenzub__by_edgypooh45-da3xvgh.jpg
planeart1_shinden__by_edgypooh45-da3xvbm.jpg

[/center]

Attachments

• UndeadSymbol.png
    UndeadSymbol.png
    523.1 KB · Views: 813
  • NagaSymbol.jpg
    NagaSymbol.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 619
Last edited:
Level 24
now turn them into icons :D

I feel like you're missing contrast in your pieces. Don't be scared of adding a tad more black shadows and more highlights here and there, it will really help create volume. :)

Thanks, I'll take that in mind :) (Btw, I'm having a thought this might be good as an icon)

I forgot to add this yesterday, Terra Blade from Terraria. This should be the last of my digital pieces for now, I might return back to using pencils again.

terra_blade_by_edgypooh45-daa0p6j.jpg

Attachments

• TBWiP1.jpg
    TBWiP1.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 157
  • TBWiP2.jpg
    TBWiP2.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 192
  • TBWiP3.jpg
    TBWiP3.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 215
Level 15
Hehe, good to have other pencil artist XD

Now this is somethig that i can critique. Lets see. I tried to mirrir it and find that her head is not balance, and her head is a bit too short on upper side. And her right hair is not natural, it need more dymanic flow. And you might be want to increase eyes size a bit (imo it will be better)

You got potential. I never can make those kind of line. If you wanted to use this style (more to line art), you need to know diferent line weight. "artbyshiji" is a good artist to follow. His style is somethig like yours now. You can remove those chicken scratch line by make the lines wider (not recommended, it will make your drawing looks like kine XD)

Here is some tips: Eyes is darkest area (mostly). try to not use this flat line. You can make the line not connected each other (for example for her mouth, you can draw only the tip and leave the middle without lines (or with super light line))

Damn, seriously, if i had a tablet, i will give you red line right now. Aaannndddd, i really need to improve my writing skillz. hope you understand my lazy critique :p

Level 24
I love your improvement, Keep going sir.

Hehe, good to have other pencil artist XD

Now this is somethig that i can critique. Lets see. I tried to mirrir it and find that her head is not balance, and her head is a bit too short on upper side. And her right hair is not natural, it need more dymanic flow. And you might be want to increase eyes size a bit (imo it will be better)

You got potential. I never can make those kind of line. If you wanted to use this style (more to line art), you need to know diferent line weight. "artbyshiji" is a good artist to follow. His style is somethig like yours now. You can remove those chicken scratch line by make the lines wider (not recommended, it will make your drawing looks like kine XD)

Here is some tips: Eyes is darkest area (mostly). try to not use this flat line. You can make the line not connected each other (for example for her mouth, you can draw only the tip and leave the middle without lines (or with super light line))

Damn, seriously, if i had a tablet, i will give you red line right now. Aaannndddd, i really need to improve my writing skillz. hope you understand my lazy critique :p

I don't see this lazy at all, thanks so much :D
I'll definitely take these in mind, while I'm trying to relearn what I know back in the days, do some test sketches and stuff. I'll also take a peek to this "artbyshiji" and see if I can learn something.
Oh yeah, do you have a DeviantArt acc? And see if you have more sketches I can take a peek ;)

Level 15
@Edge45
Deviantart: IdaeroAce
I rarely open it and upload there, because that web is not mobile friendly like here and I dont have much time to use my laptop only to upload there.

Level 15
@Edge45
o.o this one has major improvement. Nothing missed. For now, it's only need some more contrast by darkening the line on some part.
— For the landscapes: Great as usual. The perspective is a bit confusing for me.
— About "Setting Sun" and Blurred Dawn": You should make a super cool sun reflections on water. It will be looks amazing XD (because it have seen a couple of painting looks like those, and most of them have that reflection)

Level 24
@Edge45
o.o this one has major improvement. Nothing missed. For now, it's only need some more contrast by darkening the line on some part.
— For the landscapes: Great as usual. The perspective is a bit confusing for me.
— About "Setting Sun" and Blurred Dawn": You should make a super cool sun reflections on water. It will be looks amazing XD (because it have seen a couple of painting looks like those, and most of them have that reflection)

Thanks

While I'm on some landscaping, my next involves another body of water, so might try your idea. :)

Level 15
(see attachment) this is what i actually said about reflection. but still looks great.
and yes that lighting is too epic. this make my eyes nore focused to the tree on that peak.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-07-20-17-49-12.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-07-20-17-49-12.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 70
Level 15
Blue: Whoa. Nice. I didnt realy there are some people there. I only focused on that big thing, try to figure out what is that. Hut adter i saw thise people, i think that big thing is a whale, right?
Plane: This one looks really fresh. Remind me of classic windows XP wallpaper. You might be want to add shadows effect on my plane, like what you did with the clouds.
Last: I am not sure what it is. Also i have no idea about color so i cant say mich. Keep it up

Level 24
Blue: Whoa. Nice. I didnt realy there are some people there. I only focused on that big thing, try to figure out what is that. Hut adter i saw thise people, i think that big thing is a whale, right?
Plane: This one looks really fresh. Remind me of classic windows XP wallpaper. You might be want to add shadows effect on my plane, like what you did with the clouds.
Last: I am not sure what it is. Also i have no idea about color so i cant say mich. Keep it up

1. Yes, its actually a whale, I made it the focus of the scene, though I should've made the lighting come from the right so that those men can be noticed including the whale that they're hunting.
2. Yeah I was afraid that I'll ruin it after I tried shading (and it really did ruin it)
3. You have no idea XD

Well, thanks so much for the comment, I'll keep the focus and shadings and lightings in mind :)

Again, taking a break from my concept entry, so I made a (little) realistic-like (I guess) Kurusu, from Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress anime. I have a thought in mind, and I'm going to make swordsmen in this kind of style, propably Mihawk will be next from One Piece,

Kurusu Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress.jpg

Okay okay enough of that, going back to my concept.

Attachments

• K1.jpg
    K1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 71
  • K2.jpg
    K2.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 88
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 15
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WOW ITS SO DAMN AWESOME !!!!!
MAKE MORE FANART!!!!!!!!
i'm trying to distract you so you wont make your concept entry
I WANT MORE FANART!!!!!!
Anyway, can you tell me how you make it step by step? I have no idea how digital coloring works. I already watched a lot speedpaint and still not understand. It looks simple but super hard o.o

Level 24
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WOW ITS SO DAMN AWESOME !!!!!
MAKE MORE FANART!!!!!!!!
i'm trying to distract you so you wont make your concept entry
I WANT MORE FANART!!!!!!
Anyway, can you tell me how you make it step by step? I have no idea how digital coloring works. I already watched a lot speedpaint and still not understand. It looks simple but super hard o.o
^ what he said :D

@Idaero Ace

(No way dude, I'm finishing my concept :p)
Well, since you ask, I pretty much followed how @MR. Goblin makes his piece, gather references, draw in diff. angles. Although not the color and shading parts.
As I watch the anime, I saw some really cool angles that inspired me, and so I used those angles as references, and started sketching, there were trials and errors, but I got it right. After the final sketch, like what you did with your drawings, I color it with basic ones. Each in different layers for every colored parts.

Then comes the shading (the hardest part), you can notice some wrong lightings in there if you look closely. I used Dodge and Burn Tools to light it, from what others have said, I began to take note of highlights and really dark shadows, in the Kurusu piece, I made his face and the sword the focus, and so lessen the lightings and blurred a little the rest that are not the focus.

Apparently, my works has the tendacy to not fit in backrounds, Idk though, I may have sharpened my coloring a bit too much without softness. Seeing other pieces and works of inspiration, I still need more practice in softening my work.

Well that was long, but I guess I showed you how I work :D

Level 15
I forgot to say thanks to you (lol i almost always thank you on my recent posts)
Your entry will also have giant aspect, just dont make it like Master Goblin's entry on previous contest XP

I forgot to say thanks to you (lol i almost always thank you on my recent posts)
Your entry will also have giant aspect, just dont make it like Master Goblin's entry on previous contest XP

yeah no, he's just using the same kind of angle... but that's far from being ''uncreative''. When you're doing ''dual'' scenes, there's not a lot of ways to do one that reads well... you always end up with 1 character in the fg looking back and one character in the BG looking forward.

What Edge45 is doing here is that he's being logical.

Level 24
Indeed, as what I saw through most entries in the concept contest, a character/s are/is all facing an enemy and the enemy facing them.

Well, thanks you two! ^^
I'm changing the giant guy since his watching at a wrong angle, I need to find more preferences, so while the deadline's far away, there won't be much work doing in this entry for now. (Fan-art time!)

There was this group hosting some challenges in FB, decide to join and here was my entry.

AeonOfTheOcean.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 24
Finally have gotten time for Mihawk
First one's a rough sketch, second is the clean one (except for the blade)
Now as I began the shading, I realize the pose doesn't seem good, soooo I'm gonna retry again as I have thought of another pose. :D

Attachments

• DM1.jpg
    DM1.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 94
  • DM2.jpg
    DM2.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 92
  • DMUnfinished.jpg
    DMUnfinished.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 81
Level 24
Awesome fan art of Dracule Mihawk it looks great!

Also those military planes what is their target?

They're actually from the movie Independence Day: Resurgence, they gonna fight the bad alien invaders.

Here are the ones a month ago, maybe two months, I don't know, lost track. Anyway,
Minecraft's Ender Dragon

EnderDragon.jpg

WoW's Silver Rylak mount, probably I considered this as my most efforted piece

SilverRylak.jpg

And some landscaping which I was practicing skies, weather and light, didn't end well for the other mountain though..
Golden.jpg

Attachments

• R1.jpg
    R1.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 111
  • R2.jpg
    R2.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 75
  • R3.jpg
    R3.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 84
  • ED1.jpg