• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Steven's drawing/paintings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey there ^^. I've been fairly recently really getting into digital art, as well as colour and composition in general. For years I just did black and white pencil sketches, but now that I've got a graphics tablet and a few good digital art programs, I've been painting away and using a lot more colour.
I know that in the rules for this section it is preferred that I upload my pictures on this site, but I've got the viewing versions of my pictures in png format and they're larger in proportion than this site allows...so I'm guessing it's ok if I just link to my DeviantArt page instead? =)

http://sarifus.deviantart.com/gallery/

I update this whenever I paint a new picture. Hope you like ^^
All of these paintings except one are done in Painter Classic. I have now got photoshop, but I haven't finished any paintings with it yet.

Level 3
xD Thanks! That's my latest one. I try to paint my digital paintings so that they have some elements of brush strokes in (noticably this happens in the cravatte in this particular painting) so that it doesn't have the photographically smooth look that most digital paintings have.

Level 3
I have done some amount of real painting in the past, mostly with watercolour, but I've also tried acrylic at some point and at school we've used poster paint. In the case of this digital art, I'm using Corel Painter Classic and I believe it's probably acrylic paint that it's synthesizing. And thank you! I'm not exactly sure how I might put my painting to use in a career, but I would quite like to. At the moment I'm really wanting to get into the games industry for writing soundtracks, as I've been doing with Ansiria.

Status
Not open for further replies.