• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Graveyard Painting I Made

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi all!

This is an unfinished painting, but it's like my first REAL painting! The only ever really painting I did was in Grade 5 maybe, and that was just that finger painting stuff you probably don't want to do much. Like "This is my Hand" and stuff.

3_zpshrjbsu5k.jpg

Believe it or not, most of my experience is from Digital Art growing up ever since I was a kid. They were pretty "bad" pictures as a "professional" might say, but I learned concepts like when you want to fade Blue to Green, you put Teal in between, Purple to Pink you put Magenta, Orange to Red you put Papaya, etc.

I never finished the names on the graves in the painting, and unfortunately I kind of "messed it up" by drawing this cloaked figure with a gas mask on and yellow eyes, and a little pool of water by the side. So I cannot work from this point that the painting was at. Good thing I documented it! :p There's also a little castle in the background, but I redid that at least 5 times and I STILL am not happy with it. Note the little lamp post in the background too!

What do you all think?

Status
Not open for further replies.