• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Banelings and Mutalisk Concept Art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
My Mutalisk Concept Art:
Mutalisk_Fan_Art_Painting_by_Maxor_GWD.jpg

Anyway the Mutalisk is of the older versions. Blizzard had changes its head's design recently into some spider-like creatures. =\

Mutalisk_Sketch_by_Maxor_GWD.jpg

This is sketched during a boring lecture. =p Then Suddenly I found it very nice so I took a photo of it and decided to paint it in my PS3. Well, I am well aware that I don't have a tablet, so gonna give it a try. ;)

25592_1150345818561_1825103887_277276_4550334_n.jpg

Just filling in with basic colourings and shadings before painting the detials...still ain't quite difficult by using a laptop with simple mouse.

25592_1150880991940_1825103887_278135_1061193_n.jpg

The details are all done, reflections and secondary reflections (very important), cracks and texture of the carapce, muscle fibre, veins and vessels in the thin bat-wings, cleaning-ups and refining all the edges. Indeed it is very time consuming without a tablet, tooks me 1 day. =/ However I m satisfy with my works. =D
Finally I has painted the backdrop, featuring the 2 moons (Pyramus and Thisbe) which are visible from Mar Sara. This also took me 1 hour.

My Banelings Concept Art:
Baneling_mouse_painting_by_Maxor_GWD.jpg

Banelings are nasty, BTW. I love them too. I have painted more reflections on this creatures, to make it looks a bit "nasty".

Starcraft_2_Baneling_by_Maxor_GWD.jpg

Both are my original artwork, both hand-drawn with pencil, then scanned into PC and free-hand paintings with mouse in Photoshop. Done without any references, totally born within my imagination. Inspiration came from the boredom of uni assignments. =p
Hope you guys like my paintings. =D

And I hope to meet more Blizzard Fan Artists. This are my DA link:
http://maxor-gwd.deviantart.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.