• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dwarven Buildings (Bronzebeard)

Description:
  • Building models for the Dwarven Race (Bronzebeard), there is already a beautiful building pack for this race but I am bored and wanted to have a break from making human buildings.
Notes:
  • The design of the Forge is inspired by the Reforged Dwarven forge model found here in Hive.
  • The Turret/ Tower is small by design to make it look like a bunker-ish structure.
  • I am planning to replace the Forge and Mystic Hall once I have better designs in the future.
  • The Tavern will serve as a counterpart for the Arcane Vault where you can purchase items.
  • Change all Towers/ Turrets "Projectile launch Z" to "100"
  • There's no Arcane Tower in the turret upgrades. In place of it is a Gun tower effective against heroes like a sniper thingy. (Its up to you how to change its combat configuration)
  • Please give proper credits whenever you use these models.
Updates:

• Important changes to the Animations of most buildings, the materials or geoset animation for the window lights will now start blinking.
  • Roofs textures will no longer look stretched.
  • Added Shipyard with Icons
  • Edited the Shipyard model and changed its Icons
  • Added another barracks version with Ironforge banners, comes with icons.
  • Changed the Aviary's Stand Work animation
  • Fixed and reassigned some geosets to the right bones for the Birth animations for the Barracks V1 and V2.

Credits:
  • Special thanks to frostwhisper for the advise with the roof texture pathing and to Villagerino for the great help with the stand work animations!

Please consider supporting me via the links below:

Ko-Fi: Buy bakr_kev a Coffee. ko-fi.com/bakr_kev
PayPal: PayPal.Me/bakrKev12
Previews
Contents

Altar (Model)

Altar (Icon)

Aviary (Model)

Aviary (Icon)

Barracks (Model)

Barracks (Icon)

Barracks (with banners) (Icon)

Barracks (with banners) (Model)

Forge (Model)

Forge (Icon)

Fortress (Model)

Fortress (Icon)

Fortress (Hall) (Icon)

Fortress (Keep) (Icon)

House (Icon)

House (Model)

Lumber Mill (Icon)

Lumber Mill (Model)

Mystic Hall (Model)

Mystic Hall (Icon)

Shipyard (Model)

Shipyard (Icon)

Tavern (Model)

Tavern (Icon)

Turret (Model)

Turret (Cannon) (Icon)

Turret (Guard) (Icon)

Turret (Gun) (Icon)

Turret (Scout) (Icon)

Workshop (Icon)

Workshop (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Extremely useful and very well made buildings. Good execution and extremely good size. Great job!
Level 41
Amazing buildings man! 👍
By the way, you can set your materials or geoset animation for the window lights to Linear and they will start dimming and lighting up slowly, where 1 is zero transparency and 0 is full transparency.
I tried it but I can't seem to make it work properly. I need more study on how to do it.

I tried it but I can't seem to make it work properly. I need more study on how to do it.
Here you go man, I made it in your Lumbermill, 2 steps:
Material Layer (Doodads0.blp) -> Filter Mode = 'Blend'
1.png

Geoset Animation manager -> Alpha -> Interpolation Type = 'Linear'
2.png

1 = zero transparency (the windows are lit); 0 = full transparency
So, 66667 frame is set to 1, then the material starts becoming fully transparent in 68667 when it is set to 0 and so on... You might know this, ofc.
DimmingLights.gif

Attached just in case 👌 That is a truly canonic animation for the buildings in Blizzard style, hope you'll nail it 👍

P.S. You should have black windows of the same size right behind this texture and I think you have ones.

Attachments

• DimmingLights.mdx
    22.5 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Level 41
Here you go man, I made it in your Lumbermill, 2 steps:
Material Layer (Doodads0.blp) -> Filter Mode = 'Blend'
View attachment 396432
Geoset Animation manager -> Alpha -> Interpolation Type = 'Linear'
View attachment 396434
1 = zero transparency (the windows are lit); 0 = full transparency
So, 66667 frame is set to 1, then the material starts becoming fully transparent in 68667 when it is set to 0 and so on... You might know this, ofc.
View attachment 396435
Attached just in case 👌 That is a truly canonic animation for the buildings in Blizzard style, hope you'll nail it 👍

P.S. You should have black windows of the same size right behind this texture and I think you have ones.
I'll apply this to the next update!!!Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Level 11
The truth is impressive, I really liked them, I'm even going to use them in a map that I'm making, but do you think you can make me some buildings from the furbolgs? I need those models a lot. And I've tried to find those types of buildings but they don't appear anywhere.

Level 10
Bakr please don't stop making these themed building sets, you're literally doing Gods work. We need a pack for every race

Only thing I could suggest is replacing the tiled roof in the final upgrade of the town hall to the stone texture to make it look more fortress-y, as well as using the cold tower turret head instead of the standard cannon tower head because the blue hue might match the stone look.

Last edited:
Level 9
I love these so, so much. And I hate that I love these so, so much. Because I just finished my Dwarf team on a custom team map... but I love these so, so much. Please excuse me whilst I go change the models and icons of all my buildings...

Level 27
Really like the idea but not entirely sure about the single grey texture on all buildings.
My personal tip would be to find something a little less pixelated and less blur and add some interesting color variation here and there in form of perhaps matt gold or bright/shiny bronze.
Apart from that, great pack I'm sure a lot of people will make great use of!

Level 27
Would you consider trying your hand at a Zandalari set using ingame textures? There's a whole WoW expansion's worth of material to draw inspiration from.
I have a set for the Jungle Trolls but I put them on hold due to lack of design inspirations

I have a set of Troll buildings modeled for Drakkari, Amani, Zandalari and Gurubashi I'm working on with custom texture sets going on.
Thought I'd mention it as a heads up just in case so that I don't step on someones toes when I release it. No set date but the models are pretty much done.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
I have a set for the Jungle Trolls but I put them on hold due to lack of design inspirations
O_O

I have a set of Troll buildings modeled for Drakkari, Amani, Zandalari and Gurubashi I'm working on with custom texture sets going on.
Thought I'd mention it as a heads up just in case so that I don't step on someones toes when I release it. No set date but the models are pretty much done.
OOOO_____OOOOOO

C'mon you guys! I'm right here! xD

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
I'm down to collaborate on those. Give me a shout if you're interested.

Looking forward to it!

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
I'm down to collaborate on those. Give me a shout if you're interested.
no NO i CAN'T let you beat me here too!! :eek:2

//EDIT// - frick I've been looking for the last ~hour and I cannot find basically any of my extensive notes/writings vis-a-vis Jungle Troll architecture. frick. frick.

OK so real quick:
Logs/Leather/etc (Brown) = :thumbs_up:
Leafs/Fronds/Straw (Yellow) = :thumbs_down:

VoodooLounge.blp = :infl_thumbs_up::infl_thumbs_up:

Ideal 'Theming': moves from "Primitive" (Logs, Leather, haphazard, askew) to "Ancient" (Stone, Carvings, solid, organized)
Tier 1 Buildings: Mostly 'Primitive' (+75% logs & stuff)
Tier 2 Buildings: An even mix of 'Primitive' & 'Ancient' (~50% of each)
Tier 3 Buildings: Mostly 'Ancient' (+75% stone & stuff)

Suggested Cool Structure Concepts:
Spooky Temples
Ritual Altars
Witch Doctor-y Huts
Tree-bound Bungalows
Jungle Arenas
Shadowy (Bat) Caverns
Sacrificial Rotundas
Ancient Burial Grounds
Any of this fantastic art by @stein123 :
Anything from the top of this list /shameless_plug

Last edited:
Level 11
Great update sir bakr 👍. Maybe the next dwarf kingdoms like the Dark Iron or the Frost Dwarves will be great too 😁.

Level 21
You could say the altar is made out of marble or something of equal quality and color and thus fits a hero's building.
Incredibly useful pack!