• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Minigame] Dungeon Secrets Puzzle Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Dungeon Secrets Version 0.5a Released!

Dungeon Secrets Version 0.5a

Once again, however after a long time, I update the map! The newest version includes 19 rooms (18 Normal Rooms, 1 Boss Room), Timer Gem System, Starting Cinematic, Restart System and mind bursting moments.

Report possible bugs and grammar errors.

Rooms
There are currently 18 rooms which all are in the uploaded map. One of them is Boss Room.
- Since the last version there has been a lot made, new restart system, more rooms and by the way... this time... you'll die.

Solving
The new version presents the actual Stage II rooms for the first time, they are deadly and they will give you no mercy. All the rooms should be beatable and if you think they are not, contact me.

Released Map
So I wish you great moments and luck. Well this version is pretty different from the previous. New things:
- Imported Music
- Restart system for not just 4 rooms but for all the rooms!
- 1 boss room
- 18 rooms

Attachments

• Dungeon Secrets Version 0.5b.w3x
    172.7 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
I feel the first few rooms are too easy, although I suppose the pacing is right for the slowest players.

I got stuck on room 4 by wasting my TP scroll to tp to the switch area; you need to make a room reset system.

Yes. That will be next thing I will focus on after completing Timer Gem system. Just finished Room 10 first boss room.

And by the way, for now it is recomended to save after every room since/before level 4. Just due because of warcraft III pathing glitches may fail the whole map. Thought all this can be avoided by moving the units correctly.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Awsome mate the first 3 levels is easy the only rooms that actully puzzled me was number 4 and 5 lol

Yes, the rooms 1, 2 and 3 are only to show player the idea how to complete each room. Which is mostly pulling switches and open the gate by the mechanisms. The real puzzles starts actually at level 7.

- So, did you play all the levels or why only 4 and 5 puzzled you?

Level 14
Room 5 is giving me trouble I'm not sure how to get the spirit on the other side of the trees... I feel like I've clicked everywhere. Or maybe I'm just doing it completely wrong

Edit: Aha! got it. Nice I'll be looking forward to more

Last edited:

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
In room 4, no matter where I cast the blink scroll, it takes me to the start of the room, and I'm not going to continue re-testing without a reset function.

What you mean by that, you need to cast it on a friendly unit to teleport next to it.

Map updated. Fixed camera bug in room 4 and changed sound of murlocs.

Discovered a Timer Gem bug myself, I will take a look of it later...

Last edited:
Level 30
same here got stuck from room 4 :(

probably it only needs more space to let the 'Spirit' to let go of the tree on move on the other side or how the worker unit leaves the targeted tree by using some triggers which I don't have a clue right now

also the first cinematic would be great if you could make a trigger that can press esc to skip the cinematic so that some players can get on the action quickly :)

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
same here got stuck from room 4 :(

probably it only needs more space to let the 'Spirit' to let go of the tree on move on the other side or how the worker unit leaves the targeted tree by using some triggers which I don't have a clue right now

also the first cinematic would be great if you could make a trigger that can press esc to skip the cinematic so that some players can get on the action quickly :)

There is no triggers in that part, it is based on Warcraft's basic physics :)

Status
Not open for further replies.