• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Escape / Maze] Dungeon Secrets 1.00!

This project is worth...

• 1/5 - It does not seem too good.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/5 - It definitely lacks something.

• 3/5 - It's okay.

• 4/5 - This is promising.

• 5/5 & Moose Sticker - This is really promising.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Dungeon Secrets
Version 1.00a

Map Information:

Dungeon Secrets is a single player puzzle map made by Remixer. Unlike many other puzzle and escape maps of Warcraft III Dungeon Secrets relays on many more things than deadly traps and dangerous units. The map development started in June 2013 and it has been going on/off most of the time however now the map is about to be finished (except for the extra features that I'll tell you later about).

The Progress:
As mentioned earlier, Dungeon Secrets' development started in June 2013. The map quickly got longer and longer, in a few weeks the map had over 10 rooms to complete and they had made some people scratching their heads but also smile. The progress slowed down a little as my school started and I had other things to do though I kept developing the map, slowly making progress. The major drawback struck at the mid October when my computers hard discs failed me and I lost huge progress (not published at the time) which I was unable to recover. The progress of the map took a break until I started making the map again a few months later, and here we stand now.

Map Features:
In the map player proceeds in an ancient temple completing "rooms" which each have their own time limit (optional). There are currently 31 rooms in the map (which is not yet published). The player controls a main unit, which must always end up the other side of the room in order to complete the room. This is done with help of various items, units, mechanisms and Warcraft III "physics".

Systems of the map:
1. Restart system
2. Difficulty system
In progress:
3. Lives system
4. Hint system

Current Situation:
Currently I am stuck making Room 32 and thinking of a solution. I still need to finish 2 Rooms after that. I am also thinking of re-terraining the map, polishing it up (a lot). The lives system and hint system are in my head, trying to think of a good solution in making them. That is why I decided to post a thread here to get some feedback.

Attachments

• DungeonSecretsVersion0.9b.w3x
    6.2 MB · Views: 83

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Hello!
Hello you, who ever you are, reading this thread. If you are interested in becoming a tester please inform me in some way (Private Message, Public Message).

Additionally I am seeking for voice actors (English skill required) as I am not so great in speaking English. The roles would be the Main Unit, the temple guardian Kjau'Shi.

Level 14
You should not double post but instead use edit.
Also why do you put this poll you know there is an button for giving a rating from one to five stars to an map in the map development thread.
Anyway you have an great courage for redoing a map you have lost(most of the people never redo the maps they loose)

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
You should not double post but instead use edit.
Also why do you put this poll you know there is an button for giving a rating from one to five stars to an map in the map development thread.
Anyway you have an great courage for redoing a map you have lost(most of the people never redo the maps they loose)

1. As I've seen almost every one double post in these threads as they might needs more space (for characters).

2. No I did not know that there is a rating thingie here on Map Development, where is it?

3. Thank you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.