• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make Dungeon ?Few Questions !?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello again,

1.How to make dungeon loot room to each player(when bosses dies each player teleports to each loot room (red player red loot room, blue player blue loot room....)
2.How to make Dugeon item loot to each player(the red player enters red loot room and his class warrior how to make that loot room make warrior items ? but not for all classes ?
3.How to make that dungeon reset ? When last boss dies everyone move to theirs looot room and then all monsters come back to their place and bosses too...
4.How to make boss fight ? :) ? I mean entering boss room then boss cast some spells or summon minions and order attack player...
5.How to make dungeon trap... (like 1 only 1 hero enters trap region and than deals some damage and shows that fire trap animation from doodads->cinematic) Thank you

Ofc.. +Rep if helped... :D Thank you again... and sorry for english... know made lots of grammar and spelling mistakes... :(

EDIT: Mmm.. One more question what titleset best for RPG map ? :) THANK YOU !

EDIT2: HAPPY NEW YEAR from Lithuania!!! :))

Level 9
I'll try to help out, but it sounds like you have no idea what to do. This makes it difficult. It's like saying "How do you make an AOS with heroes that have abilities, and spawns, and etc, etc"

The first thing you want to do is have a Unit Array variable that holds all heroes/units for the players. This way you can get them on-demand.

For a dungeon loot room, roughly:
Event - Specific Unit Event (your boss dies)
Action - loop through all player heroes. if player == 1 then move their hero to their loot room. if player == 2 then move their hero to their loot room. etc...

The other ones are far too complicated for me to explain right now. (Dungeon resetting)

For the boss fight, you have to use things like When Unit Enter Region, set BOSSFight = true.. Then in another trigger, periodic event - 10 seconds. Issue Target Order, Issue Point Order (IE: Issue Target Order (Order boss to cast "boss ability" on PlayerHero)

For traps, unit enter region, then cause player 12 to unit-damage the entering unit.

Level 5
How to move the units to their own lootroom
  • Event - Generic Unit dies
  • Conditions - triggering unit equal to [boss]
  • Actions - Pick all units in region (boss region) and do move picked unit to [loot_room] playernumber of owner of picked unit.
every thing in [ ] are variables. [boss] is a unit variable, [Lootroom] is a region variable

You have to set the variable also *

Level 16
Seas =)

1) Change your Avatar - else I hope you get banned for something like that. <-- EDIT! I see you did it - thanks ^^

2) Loot: First of all make sure that if a player enter your dungeon with his/her hero, make sure that you put "Triggering Unit" into a unit group. If the boss die, you pick every unit out of this group. ( Because if player 1 doesn't enter the dungeon - the boss die - but he gains the loot to ... somehow bull****)

3) Loot (2): You create small Rects at each loot place. Now you use the conditions: If entering unit = Warrior <-- drop this and this, if entering unit = Mage <-- drop this and this. Or other way: If you have 3 tanks, 2 heals, 5 Damage dealer melee and 3 damage dealer magic, you can add each "hero type" into a unit group. Then you can check "If the unit is in this group <-- drop this and this"

4) Respawn:
  • Respawn
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Dying unit) Equal to Blood Mage 0005 <gen>
    • Actions
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Footman) and (((Matching unit) is dead) Equal to True))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Replace (Picked unit) with a Footman using The new unit's max life and mana
- For this trigger the corpses of the dead units are still on the map
- Make unique units in the dungeon
- You do the same thing with all unit types and the bosses you got in your dungeon.

5) Boss fight: I can't answer this question, because everyone has an own opinion about boss fights. Sure you can create timers (repeating) and if a timer expires do this and this ( you can show the timers or hide them )

6) Something like this:
  • Firetrap BOOM
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 000 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) belongs to an ally of Player 1 (Red)) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • -------- Single damage --------
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Triggering unit), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of Region 000 <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • -------- Range damage --------
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 250.00 of (Center of Region 000 <gen>) matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Picked unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of Region 000 <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
( Change the effect in what ever you want )
( I use an ally over player red because I think Player 1 is useable )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.