• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RPG System Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im currently making a super secret RPG, and I've run into some issues.

First off, I am using the random integer function for players to "roll" a number between 1-100 (for deciding who gets loot) Im having trouble actually displaying that number saying PlayerX rolled a 32, or whatever. Is there a way I can put a stored integer variable into a string?

Secondly, Im trying to devise a system where if you defeat a boss, you will be transported to your own personal loot room, like D3fi4nce's ORPG. For those of you who havent played Defiance, when a boss in a dungeon dies, players within a certain range are transported to their own rooms. (Player 1 moves to player 1's vault, player 2 to player 2's designed room, etc.). Im using stored hero variables to keep track of all the player's characters, but Im wondering how I can move only those in range of the boss to their loots, and to their corresponding rooms.

If anyone could help, rep and cookies to them.

Level 4
Not a secret anymore... :p

1. Conversion - Convert Integer To String

2. I would recommend you use an array of Regions
ex:
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TreasureBox[1] = Region 000 <gen>
      • Set TreasureBox[2] = Region 001 <gen>
      • Set TreasureBox[3] = Region 002 <gen>
Then you can get the box by using player index.
  • Actions
    • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Center of TreasureBox[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))])

Level 13
sounds sorta like a WoW RPG with a roll system
or atlest thats where you got the idea for the roll system is from WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.