• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dungeon Descent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
ddbanner.jpg

Back with a new game, except this one isn't finished yet. I thought i'd get your opinion before proceeding. This one is called Dungeon Descent. In this game, one player chooses to be the Monster Master, and the other players are Heroes.

The heroes start off as Neophytes. When they gain experience, they gain levels and can learn new abilities and promote to more powerful, and more specialized, classes. They also gain gold by killing monsters, which they can use to buy equipment, and they also can pick up dropped special items from monsters. Teamwork is essential for the heroes, and they must make a decision as a group when to spread out to gain more experience, or stay together to be safer.

The monster master selects a Lord that commands the dungeon. The Lord converts the neutral monsters in the dungeon into monsters that he can control and morph into stronger forms. The Monster Master also gains gold over time, which represents the rising threat level against the heroes. This gold can be used to buy stronger monsters as well as build up a Lair which contains buildings allowing the Monster Master to make more powerful monsters.

This game allows two opportunities to players: as Heroes, you get to face a living adventure that adapts and makes an effort to kill you, which is a challenge you have never faced before in a dungeon adventure. For the Monster Master, you gain the unique experience of running the dungeon, hunting down and killing the Heroes.

Please let me know if this is a game you'd be interested in playing, and I'll make the map.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkRevelator

I'm using some splendid models I found here on Hive Workshop and I'd like to credit the creators. Ninja by Republicola & Cookie Vashard. Anarchist By Dionesiist. Ronin and Templar by Callahan.

Here are links to youtubes of my other maps, feel free to check them out too, or use them as a judge to see if I can make maps or not :)

dd2.jpg

dd.jpg

Level 4
Well I dont see too much fun since it looks pretty much like solo map. If the enemy enters the dungeon when you are farming there i would quess the first one to be there would be toasted after wasting mana and health.

Status
Not open for further replies.