• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Drunken Brawlers United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I created this group for all the Super Smash Brothers: Brawl fans out there in the Hive.

To get things clear, Super Smash Brothers: Brawl can be shortened to SSB:B or just SSBB to save time.

Although it took time, Unlocking all stages and characters was far easier than back in melee in my opinion. Now I have 7 more songs to go and I will have all music in the game. Subspace is at 89% and soon I will be figthing it at higher difficulty for more rewards.

Level 24
If you know the sticker factory trick, you can get CDs really easy. My brother and I managed to get like 30+ CD drops in less than an hour with a modified stage, but we only had like 7 songs left. It kept on dropping CDs because we hadn't confirmed receiving the songs xD

It's WAAY easier to get stages. After hundreds of hours, I didn't have Final Destination legitimately on Melee, and I think there were two or three classic stages that I didn't have. Overwrote our old data to cheat for everything when we were at our mom's work and one of her coworker's kids had an Action Replay. That's also how I beat Metroid Prime, although I might be able to manage it now.

My Brawl friend-code, not that I'm on as much as I should be: 2363-5467-1867
I live in American MST (I want to say GMT-7, but it might be +), and am most likely to be on in my evenings.

Also, I have a couple interesting stages that I've made, most of which are excessively cruel. I also have a map that spells out EPHY!. My Wii friend code is 5275-3085-2664-6531, in case any of you are interested in the crazy.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Yes, I used the sticker factory idea. Sadly I do not have by wii connected right now, I may eventually but for now I play singleplayer or with my brother to unlock everything.

I have found that the character Ike can be very powerful if used correctly. I have yet to check its level 9 AI oponent fighting capabilities but so far it seems to be the best heavy class although I think his weight is medium. His moves also are among the strongest in the game since gannondorf was nerfed from melee so it is possiable to KO light characters in 3-4 hits or less. Ike also is not as slow as one would imagine, some of his moves are insainly fast or have extreemly good uses. With enough practice I recon a person could give a faster character a run for its money using Ike but he seems extreemly poor when fighting fox (or others like him) or marth (weaker but has some extreemly effective moves against ike).

Level 7
Dude! Such a good group, my internets getting fixed but I''ll start brawlin' with y'all soon as it's up.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
My tip of the day is that Ike is pretty effective in sub space. His "Up+B" seems too thrash any flying enemies while his upwards smash attack gives almost full coverage (180 coverage). Also his power means he is good anti boss and the counter can thrash some physical bosses as stuff aint that fast. However he heavily relies on good timing between blocking and hitting but if you can master than you will see he can be very effective.

Level 24
Ike is not "powerful" so much as he is a rigged little bitch that is easy to be cheap with. Not that other characters don't have exploitable moves, but Ike has the most exploitable moves, and the most easily exploited moves of all the characters I can think of.

I heard about sticker factories, but never actually looked any up. I made a basic one, and found that if you sit there spamming A, you never stop the combo and you can't pick things up. I missed a CD with Kirby doing that. I find that wolf is the best to use with sticker factories, because his combo actually moves him forward instead of backwards.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Yes, but the belts mean you are pressed with your back on a block so can not go back while the belts also assure the bags and contet move towards you if it gets out of range.

You hold A till you see something under you and then pick it up. That easy.

Ike is pretty powerful. High damage, High force. His damage is simlar to that of link and captian falcon but ike sends badies with a lot more force than them as well as having decent speed damage moves. Ikes walk and A deals like 20 damage which is over half that of a fully charged gernade launcher from snake. His variety of types of move also make him nasty. However he does struggle against faster characters. Marth seems the choice for speed and ike for slow battles if you like that kind of play style.

Level 24
Yeah, but if you're in the middle of spamming the combo, you need to let go of A and let the combo finish, which takes a while. Just because it's right on you doesn't mean that you're going to get it if it goes away too fast.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Snake has an interesting combo.
If you place his mine explosive (downwards smash) and then grab an opponent, by using the downwards throw you not only damage the opponent but also cause the mine to blow up for extra damage and distance. To top this snake takes 0% damage from doing this if done correctly. I am not so sure how one is meant to pull this off in a proper brawl but it is a worth knowing combo for if the use arrives.

As a bonous this combo might be extended further via using his morter if the enemy is launched straight upwards for even more damage. Although not the most damaging of combos this certainly is an impressive one.

Level 24
Oh, so that's why I'm so good at item-brawls... They ARE rigged for getting items, aren't they? btw, I don't believe they catch items mid-air so much.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It seems that if snake's missles are getting hit, they do not blow up even if inside a character.
Pit used his blade whirl sidewards B towards snake. Snake fired missle at pit. Missle passed straight through pit even at chest height.

Also the missles can get deflected via pit's mirror shield (which makes no sense as it is meant to blow up appon contact with something). Still need to check if zelda can do the same or if they are controlable once delfected but still is one of the craziest things in this game. Zelda's deflect spin is understandable as it uses magic as a shield but the mirror shield doing this seems wierd. It should much rather cause the missle to explode but let pit take no damage.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I just discovered that meta-knight's final smash has the ability to TK. To avoid the TK if you are on the same team as one who is using it, you have to shield or else you will suffer serious damage.

Shielding will reduce the damage you suffer slightly but most importantly it will remove almost all the knockback you get to that of a weak punch, thus stoping it from TKing.

If possiable time your doge right since if you doge down at the right moment in time, it is possiable to null all TK affects of that final smash.

I still need to find out if the same rules applys for enemy team members but as a rough guess I say so.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Discovered 2 new bugs. Hotheads get stuck on the stage edges of final desternation when set to 1/4 speed (they work fine on any faster speed). Also bowser's gigabowser timer is independant of time and so lasts as long at ultra slow as on ultra fast in trainig mode which is a bug since he can only get in 1-2 attacks on 1/4 speed before disappearing.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
My tip of the week - how to avoid tabu's mega explosion.

When he goes center stage and opens his wings, then he is about to use his mega explosion. This move is an instant KO from 0 damage at hard or harder difficulties dealing easilly over 100 damage per wave so it is important to learn to avoid it. Suprizingly it is one of his easiest moves to avoid if you relax and are good at timing.

As soon as you relise he is going to cast it, run center stage directly beneath him and shield. As the waves leave his body you have to doge down (down not left / right) and the waves will go through you while you take absoultly 0 damage. You have to practice a bit to get the timing between emmition and doge right but in the end you should preform it 95% of the time or more. On hard he emits it 3 times in a row so remember to keep doging. This is by far one of the most useful tips to fight tabu and thankfully it is suprisingly easy once you find out what it is.

Level 24
Snake's missile is also deflected by Mario's Cape, Nayru's Love, space animal Deflectors, and the Franklin Badge. Pit's shield is a deflector, of course the missile would get deflected.

Thanks for the tip about step-dodging Tabuu's red rings of death. Roll-dodging messes with your timing because you move. I'm consistent, but not consistent enough.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Teh_Ephy, Pits shield deflects the missle but his sword spin that deflects energy attacks does not if I am mistaken. Which shows its a diferent attack type. But still a missle getting deflected off a shield is wierd and makes little sense for even a game.

I got the doging tip by watching a you-tube video of a player soloing intense tabu. Only tried it last week thou so I was not sure how easy it is to reproduce. I am almost certain you need a game cube controler or arcade controler if you want to preform it properly as the wii mote looks too clunky for the accuracy it requires.

When you are in position, do not focous on your character, focus on tabu and time your down doging to a certain point after you see the waves come out of him. Being directly under him makes this timing more accuate and easier to reproduce time after time. Do not let go of the shield the entire time he is attacking unless you are really skilled with shield doging as you increase the chance of you shielding and not doging (which results in instant death probably).

It seems snakes mortar does amazingly high damage to tabu. My brother did over half hard tabu's HP with snake by using his mortar in under a minute.

Level 24
You're kidding, right? I play with a Wii-mote and it's easy to dodge Tabuu's red rings of death, the trick is dodging them consistently.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Teh_Ephy, that move is not the major problem, its tabuus other moves which are instant death. Past hard his red ring OH-KOs you, but on intense his whip sends you flying with 60% and his ram is instant death. His other blasts are as bad but luckilly they are much easier to avoid. His teleporting killed me atleast 3 times when he decides to explodeport (explodes when teleporting) which is instant death past 50%. Overall not the easiest but luckilly 2 players meant he died twice as fast.

Level 24
The only attacks of his that are hard to dodge are the whip and the red-rings, the red-rings being the nasty ones.

Level 24
Yeah, but they're easy to dodge. The only real issue is dodging prematurely or not at all because you're used to fighting on a different difficulty.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
For some reason, I find zelda a lot stronger than shiek in SSBB. While shiek is faster, she lacks force as apposed to zelda who is slighly slower but has a large range of moves, from longer teleport to powerful air attacks and afterburning smashes.

With the power she has in SSBB, I am suprized link ever needed to rescue her lol.

Level 24
Zelda is a monster. The up-smash has no lag between input and execution; run up and BAM. <3 the new Nayru's Love, and Farore's Wind is unbelievable now that it has the explosion at the exit point. Sheik was nerfed hard, Zelda was buffed hard.

lol, I beasted Py with Zelda. Py, you're so predictable in massive lag.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Marth also seems amazingly strong. He not only is fast but has long range with high force. His upwards stab does near 20 damage a hit and sends oppnents flying. His counter is also highly useful as it can even counter hammers. His recovery aint brill but he seems to thrash subspace bosses.

Level 24
They nerfed Marth's range sooooooooooooooooooooooooo(...)oooooooooooooooooo badly. I can't play him anymore.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Yes but they upped his power. His counter can counter nearly everything, even hammers. If you hit with the end of his sword he can KO at 40% with a bit of charging. His aerials are also longer range than other characters. Also you can not shield from his stab as it will likly break it. His sword dance move is also nasty dealing 20-30% if you fall into it. Recovery is his major problem but still he is strong, especially his final smash which if you do not evade is an OHKO.

Yes his range aint as long as it was, but it is still above a lot of characters like his speed.

Still zelda I find deals more damage due to her rigged moves.

Level 24
Shield breaker only breaks at a relatively long charge. Sword-dance was definitely noobed-down, you just mash it instead of timing it. Also, his Final Smash both isn't an OHKO in enclosed spaces (not a problem exclusive to Marth), but can take him off the sides of maps like Bridge of Eldin. I won a brawl against a friend that way :D. I was Zero Suit, used the jump, used the double jump, used the down+b basically the same time he used his Final Smash, straight over him. We laughed.

Level 24
We were literally right at the edge where you enter magnifying glasses. He was fully expecting to hit me until he went under, and he wouldn't have had time to cancel if he was.

Level 24
Against bosses, I spam powerful attacks. Din's Fire (max range), Zelda's magic heel, Lucario's midair down attack, Ike in general all work very nicely. Don't remember who else I'm good against bosses with.

if you transform as zelda to shiek when in gient or small form from lightning, you remain in that size permantly and keep the damage and force boost

I play as Zelda :3

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I discovered a nice new bug. If you are jiglypuff on a stange like final desternation, you can suicide off the top of screen.

Some how, by breaking your own shield by shielding too long, it will cause you to fly at an insane velocity upwards resulting in an instant death. This works even if you are at 0% damage.
I believe it is related to its final smash changing mass and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.