• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Drunken Brawlers United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Nice :p
I have played smash bros even since it got released on the nintendo 64 :p
I play Fox ;-)
Im a member on Allisbrawl btw, but i havent been active there.

Jiggelypuff's shield is special BTW, its used to speedrun in Super Smash Bros Melee, adventure mode and other stuff.
If it only was lag-free to play brawl online i would like to play it much more.. Now it is like one sec delay which makes it impossible to play with Fox and Marth.
Sucks that they removed the air dodging that they had in melee :/

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Thats cause you could use it to slide or something to go even faster.

I like the new doging however I hate how each hit slows a character down for graphics. It killed me dozens of times in subspace as my teammate would get hit, pausing the attack for a second so that by the time it gets to me, the evade or counter would be out of its invoundrable time so I would also get hit.

Level 13
Mehh, I'll use Wolf for the battles!
Sometimes Zelda too, she'z freakin annoying if you know how to work with.
And sonic has 1 ultimate pwning air attack xD

Level 24
Zelda, Zelda, oomph! Zelda, Zelda, oomph!

Also, wavedashing was just cruel to people that had no idea wtf you were doing. If everybody involved can wavedash, woo, but if not, :(

I hope that this isn't a spam message (sorry if it is) - Just found this group, I've been a fan of Super Smash Bro's since the original and I just got a new Wii (old one failed out of nowhere) along with getting a wireless point so I can finally play this game again.

I prefer to use the characters that everyone would think are weak to completely annihilate them (my friends aren't that good so it's pretty easy) - so I normally use either Yoshi or Pikachu simply because the fact that someone like Ganon can lose to them is pretty funny.

They can move at absolutly nuts speed.

Actually I found the speed downgrade on Brawl to be a bit annoying at first to get used, compared to melee you move at a slugs pace in Brawl. (I'm assuming your talking about the speed difference between Melee and Brawl)

Edit:
(Just saw that the last post was some time ago, sorry if this is a necropost)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Just tried brawl on my bran new 1080p TV. I need to get a better conection for it as the standard YWR connectors are rather poor quality but it looks very nice. I know its not any higher resolution but the image is so sharp and clear now.

Still can not do damn spikes. I get sent into the abyse.

Level 17
Really. I didnt think that it was hard to spike. I learned it in just a few days after watching some old melee matches.

This is a trick that i use in some cases:
If you know or have a feeling that it will just be a suicide becouse it takes to long to recover, use the second jump right before you attack. That way you wont get stunned and take time to recover, becouse you are going upwards insted of downwards, making it possible to instantly get back to the stage.
I do this most of the times, but as i have learned how to use spike properly i sometimes go for a suicide kill when the opponent have one stock left, the only problem with this is that i loose if i miss, but that rarely happens.

So for last stock (or when i have alot of damage!) i do a suicide spike so both of us die, but the opponent dies first.
When my opponents have more then one stock and i have a small amount of damage i go for a safe spike by saving one of the jumps for the spike.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
So far I am getting the scraping of oponents along the the ground to work by repetitive jumping and slashing. The dificult thing is to pull off a full jump while still having your fingers on the C stick (only way to do this is with the main direction pad but you have to pull a full jump or have huge stun times if you only pull off a half jump). Done correctly you can slash the oponent then move foward and jump again before hitting the ground to slash him again (downwards ofcourse) and land with no recovery time. Some of the lack of accuracy on my controlers does not help as it can be difficult to pull off the double slashing due to failing to respond to downwards slash order or failing to full jump.

I still have not got the hang of when marth's downwards slash actually spikes them and not just hits them.

Level 17
Yes, it can be hard to pull of the entire combo, i still have a hard time doing it so I usually make the spike in a separate combo.

And as i do not find it hard with the controllers i guess i cant help you with that part. I have always had a good feeling with GC controllers, i got a gamecube on release date and me and my brothers total playtime in ssbm was a couple of thousand hours. So i am used to it.

And if you have problem with spiking, try doing it the same way i teached my brother to do it.
Go to practice.
Set the CPU on jump.
stand on the same spot as the CPU and work on your spike timing.
After a while you will know at what moment you are suppost to attack to spike.
My brother started by doing like that. Then when he got the feeling we just made the CPU stand still & recover (jumping back toward the stage) when you try to kill him.
This way you can just smash the CPU out of the stage and then practice the spike like it was the real deal.

Level 17
That is totally up to you, but i do suggest using smashboards, allisbrawl, etc, for talking about them in a "serious" way. They are both great sites, but i guess i will recommend allisbrawl for it.
Just a suggestion.. as you probably wont see much activity around here, and the fact that those two sites i mentioned both have pro gamers. Ken (the best melee player out there) used to be active on smashboards. While pretty much all the others is on allisbrawl.
Here you will find me and Dr Super Good :p

Level 14
It's because the irony of it's name with the Drunken Brawler Pandaren skill with Smash Bros Brawl.

Anyway, I don't really have SSBB, but Melee and 64, and it really get's boring when the only person who can play with you is your brother -_-

Level 17
I wouldn't say that it gets to boring.
I have 2500 played hours, and I have played 1v1 with my brother maybe 1500 of those hours.
We even play mirror. Both of us main Marth.
And we only play perfectly balanced stages such as final destination and battlefield.

Maybe it isn't a game for everyone, but I promise you that you can have some fun with the game :p

I actually played a best of 100 in streetfighter IV with my brother yesterday aswell, I serously won with 51 to 49. I am not even kidding, I have a picture stored on my mobile :p
In brawl I win maybe 67% of the matches though.

Level 17
You know, they have been TASing brawl for over a year :p
I have been following it since day 1, simply becouse I knew back in the days when I competed in multiman and target smash.
I actually held a couple of world records during the first months after the game was released.

Ohh well, I have to say that my favorite TAS with in single player mode would be the peach TAS with 8983.9m/29474.5ft

I mainly quit playing single player modes competitively becouse brawl caused my wii to stop reading discs (for real. It is an actual issue with the game, caused by the dual layer. I bought an entierly new console after that, and modded my first one so that it can play games from USB, etc.).

Ohh well!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Optical drives degrade over time as they are used and the wii does not have a particually expensive one. Dual or single layer makes no real difference compared to run time.

The SSBB is extreemly bad for data streaming. It not only streams the music like all games, but all the items, graphics and character changes that occur during game play for each match played. Combined with the fact it is probably garunteed to be the most played game in your wii library it is no wonder people like you have worn out a Wii playing it lol.

Despite my console becomming less reliable due to the optical drive wearing out, I will just wait for the Wii's sucessor (details will be shown at E3 next month). It is almost garunteed that it will keep to nentiondos traditional style meaning we can expect yet another super smash brothers. But this is no ordanary super smash brothers, it will be the first 1080p super smash brothers with graphics on the 360 level.

Status
Not open for further replies.