• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dreamscape - Original Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

3rd person or normal game? Will normal game be kinda like from bird view, locked to your character? Like in Diablo?

Yeah probably.

Progress Update:

Everything is going good :grin: ^.^, and just to show that I'm actually doing something below is an early pic of the new skin I'm making for Yayoi. BTW the face is going to be re-made, since I don't like the way it looks.

It's very hard to skin the hair because of the way the original modeler warped the texture =/

BTW the above pic of the actual skin is real size... Not much to work with lol...

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
-Learning how to use dialogue boxes [Done]
-Learning how to make a leaderboard that counts kills [Done]
-Learning more advanced triggers [Done]
-Basically making a new arrow key movement system that's combined with a 3rd person view [Done, for now] (DW about the arrow key thing coming back ^.^, it wont be as "crude" as the old one xP)
-Creating a 480x480 map with some basic HQ doodads to start with [Done]
-Learning how to terrain better [In-Progress]
-Learning how to skin, self-taught xP [In-Progress]
-Re skinning the Yayoi model, so it looks less pixilated and MS painted =/ [In-Progress]
-Learning how to model crystal's and attachments [To-Do]
-Trying to come up with a 100% original start for the campaign [To-Do]
-Brainstorm ALOT! [To-Do]

good accumulation of knowledge. I should almost ask something to you if I need something.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

xP ask whatever you want ^.^

Update:

It end's up that the anim's on the original Yayoi model are to buggy to use with a 3rd person camera so I'll half-to animate the entire model from scratch >.>
The model is looking a lot better than it does in the above pictures though ^.^~!

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

I probably wont re-do any other chars, this model/skin/animation is taking way to long to do >.<

Quick update:

Just finished the Stand, Stand2, and Death anims for the model. I attached the model and it's texture below so you can check them out.

Attachments

• HeroFate2.blp
    158.5 KB · Views: 55
  • test05.mdx
    85.1 KB · Views: 66

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Got bored with animating, and skinning the past few days. So I went and started terraining the first island (Screenshots on the main post [Pg1]), it uses most of B2M's HQ models from wc3c but I make some new HQ models when I need them.

Current doodad count - 1871
Area #1 terrain completion - 25%
Time spent terraining - 29 hours

News on the arrow key/mouse, and normal game camera/3rd person decision:

Updatezorz!
-Basically making a new arrow key movement system that's combined with a 3rd person view [Done, for now] (DW about the arrow key thing coming back ^.^, it wont be as "crude" as the old one xP)
-Learning how to terrain better [Done]
-Terraining area #1 [In-Progress]
-Re skinning, animating, and modeling the Yayoi model, so it looks less pixilated and MS painted =/ [Paused]
-Trying to come up with a 100% original start for the campaign [To-Do]

*Note: The reason for the medieval-type environment in the picture's is explained in the storyline, some plot twists happen and some other stuff and then the dream-esk stuff appears.

Level 6
Hm the perspective is a bit stretched, as far as I can tell it looks ok - nothing spectacular about. Maybe some more height variation and some plants and stuff like that.
Still I am wondering how you´ll make the dreamscape itself, Highres are nice but there is not much useful stuff for a dreamy atmosphere.

Atm I am thinking of rebuilding the picture of your signature as a map...

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Hm the perspective is a bit stretched, as far as I can tell it looks ok - nothing spectacular about. Maybe some more height variation and some plants and stuff like that.
Still I am wondering how you´ll make the dreamscape itself, Highres are nice but there is not much useful stuff for a dreamy atmosphere.

Atm I am thinking of rebuilding the picture of your signature as a map...

I'm still working on the terrain atm, it's still just a flat area with a raised hill with a village on it.
For making the dreamscape I'm thinking of making some part's switch from dream to dream.

Fred looks small...

Well I really like how it overall looks, it's really awesome and stuff...

Oh, and those people with wolf hats, what kinda of dream did you based this all on?

EDIT: BRAISTORMING? That's me! Only I won't have time for that lately...

I put his scale down to 0.1 so I could show more of the terrain without him blocking part's of the screen ^.^
It's all explained in the story, so you'll half to wait to find out.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Ok thx for the message Zerox.

Progress & Information Update:
I'll probably be posting updates once or twice a week from now on. In other news the map is currently around 53mb in size, and still growing.
The basic terrain with large doodad's is coming along slowly but nicely, I've completed most of the basic forest, village, and mountain. I've decided to combine island's 1 & 2 together mainly to increase playable area.
I've also decided to keep the campaign open-source (aka, un-protected) since people might want some of the models I've custom made for the campaign.

Current doodad count - 2347
Area #1 terrain completion - 37%
Time spent terraining - 37 hours

Updatezorz! #2

-Trying to come up with a 100% original start for the campaign [In-Progress]
-Terrain, Re terrain, re terrain again, and finalize terrain for area #1 [In-Progress]
-Re skinning, animating, and modeling the Yayoi model, so it looks less pixilated and MS painted =/ [Paused]

-Create npc's for Area #1 [To-Do]
-Gather and create attachment's to build the npc's [To-Do]

Systems created and Implemented so-far:

-Floating damage number system
-3rd person view
-Arrow key movement

More News:

I'm accepting quest and storyline Ideas, they don't half to go with and idea in-particular because I will most likely read your idea, think about it for a few minutes, and then change some aspect's so it fit's somewhere in the story. (I won't promise that your idea will be put in, but it most likely will.)

I am also changing the style of the campaign from "Ub3r random stuff that makes no sense" to "RPG/Dream/Campaign hybrid", basically this means that the campaign will be played like an RPG but will be based upon the dream idea.

Level 12
duh, narrator, shameful narrator, why did you fought again this time

now I understand, this project is cursed to stuck. My new recommendation is, yayoi make dreamscape a series of minigames xD

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Yeah I paused it again =/ Theirs just way to much to do and so little time to do it... Well if this trend continues I'll end up getting active on the hive again in a month or two and start up the map again.

I did do quite a bit of work since the last update a long time ago, but it's bee paused for the better part of a month.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Wow...been a few months and this is only on the 4th page? Guess wc3 is dieing...Anyways I'm resuming work on the campaign again (At-least until Cataclysm comes out).:ogre_haosis:

So to start this up again here's the map that I currently have, it's far from done, or even nearly done, but it is a WIP. The map file is very large so you will half to download it from mediafire:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3gizcl5cgjwqcpc

Play with the setting's Arrow Keys and 3rd person.

--Additional notes--

If you open up the map in the WE the ground tiles might look, well, horrid due to some weird glitch. But when you play in-game they will show up fine.

Level 6
Wow...been a few months and this is only on the 4th page? Guess wc3 is dieing...Anyways I'm resuming work on the campaign again (At-least until Cataclysm comes out).:ogre_haosis:

Yes kind of sad and I guess you are right about WC3 dying...
But I am happy to hear that you are resuming to work on the campaign.
Gonna take a look at the map this weekend.

Level 4
50 MB? What the f*ck is in there?
EDIT: OK, just played it. Terrain rocks - detailed and kinda mysterious, although the fog irritates me. I feel like I'm in a fart cloud.
The arrow key movement system... It's... bad. It's laggy, sloppy, hard to use, and the 3rd person doesn't work. Fix it or remove it...

Last edited:

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

50 MB? What the f*ck is in there?
EDIT: OK, just played it. Terrain rocks - detailed and kinda mysterious, although the fog irritates me. I feel like I'm in a fart cloud.
The arrow key movement system... It's... bad. It's laggy, sloppy, hard to use, and the 3rd person doesn't work. Fix it or remove it...

The 50 mb is mainly models and custom textures, I'm going for an mmorpg-esk terrain. Is the fog your talking about the green clouds on the mountain?
Yeah the arrow key movement is a bit hard to use without an hour or so of practice (I can use it moderately well atm.). The 3rd-person view does work, well for me anyways.. I'm not sure what happened when you were playing tho..?

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Alright the quitting and restarting cycle has reached the restarting part now. I'm heading back to work on the campaign, currently I'm checking over all of the old triggering, terrain, models, etc...
Well this is what, like the 4th or 5th time I've quit for awhile and came back... Well anyways when I quit just come back and check up every month or so.

Time to get back to work, progress updates will start within 2 weeks.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Alright here's the first new update in awhile:ogre_hurrhurr:

Added/Fixed:
-Arrow Key movement (Works nearly perfectly!!!)
-Did a bit of trigger editing and managed to fix a few of the broken triggers

Working things that I've checked over:
-Day/Night cycles
-Character movement selection
-Character camera selection
-Floating attack numbers

To be worked on:
-Terrain
-Change the fog to a lesser density
-Adjust the 3rd person camera a bit
-Everything after the base terrain for the starting island is finished

-Basically making a new arrow key movement system that's combined with a 3rd person view [Done]
-Trying to come up with a 100% original start for the campaign [In-Progress]
-Brainstorm ALOT! [In-Progress]
-Learning how to skin, self-taught xP [Paused]
This update was mainly for checking over and fixing the old systems that I left half finished, now I can focus on terrain and then switch over to creating the rest of the stuff.:goblin_yeah:

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

I started playing DnD with a group of friends to so I'm getting some nice ideas for the campaign since I'm the DM xP

Level 12
lol dungeons 'n dragons.. brings me back memories :D

if you are ever out of randomness, then go to an anime watching online site and check those chatboxes below episodes. it does give you inspiration.
they do random spam all da way~ <3

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Heres our first two mini-adventures (were doing the 2nd one soon)
Opening:
As you wander through the local tavern, you soon meet a familiar face, who treats you to a meal in exchange for willing ears. A powerful wizard waits until most of the crowds have drawn away from you before telling you any news beyond small talk. Finally, the tale begins.
Recently, there has been destruction of property by fire. This obviously has many locals concerned. Rumors say it is the work of a band of cultists, but none know the truth. It's up to you to get to the bottom of the controversy and learn what it means for all the folk and lands around this quaint little town. In exchange for your aid, you'll gain whatever the town can gather (2dice rolls X20 =Y gp each), and a choice of two items from the towns smithy.(Party Exits Tavern)
In this small town on the outskirts of the forlorn woods their is a tavern, smithy which looks to be closed, stable with a horse sleeping, and a few houses. As you look around you notice a traveling merchant arguing with a guard in the town square. [Will you; go see what is going on?, gather intel on the fires?]
Traviling Merchant:
As you approach the merchant you see the guard pull out his sword and start to attack the merchant. [Will you; help the merchant?, call for help?, walk away and pretend nothing happened?]
Help the merchant:
You engage in battle with the guard. HP22,WS1,LV2,AC3
----Guard defeated----
Oh thank you, thank you my lords. If it wernt for you that guard might have killed me! Please, if you ever need anything at all just speak with me. [Will you; speak with the merchant?, gather intel on the fires?]
----Merchant sells---- 5 Rope - 2gp each, 10 Lantern Oil - 5gp each, 2 Lanterns - 10gp each, 5 50hp potion - 25gp each, The Amulet of Grinchathok -5 to health -5gp ,1 Worn Battleaxe +2 dmg - 25gp, 2 Huge Worn Bastardsword +1 dmg - 25gp, 2 Leather Tunic + 1AC.
----Speak with Merhant---- Ah yes I know of the cultists, I sold some rather unuseual things to a group of them near the old shrine in the woods. The trek to get to the shrine is nearly impossible as of late, travilers have been being abducted while walking along the road. I was lucky enough to make it through unharmed.[Will you; gather intel on the fires?, head to the shrine?]
Call for help:
You call for help but nobody comes. [Will you; help the merchant?, walk away and pretend nothing happened?]
Walk away and pretend nothing happened:
You walk away as the guard lunges the sword into the merchants gut, you hear a loud agonizing cry and then silence. [Will you; gather intel on the fires?, speak with the guard?]
----Speak with Guard---- Ah yes I know of the cultists, one of the scouts reported a group of them hanging around the old shrine in the woods. The trek to get to the shrine is nearly impossible through. As of late, travilers have been being abducted while walking along the road. Oh and about the merchant... Don't worry, I'll get him to the healer soon. I only stabbed him because he was infected with a belly grub, those little bastards can kill a man if left alone. [Will you; gather intel on the fires?, head to the shrine?]
Gathering Intel around town :
After many hours of searching and asking questions you finally find out that a monk has been asking people to go with him to the old shrine in the middle of the forlorn woods to help him restore the shrine to its former state. (Party heads to shrine)
Heading to Shrine:
After five hours of walking one of your party hears a low rumbling comming from ahead, he is not sure but he thinks it is a large group of horses galloping towards you.[What will you do?]DM must pick a possibility based on party's reaction.
----Possibility 1---- The group of hooded men begin to regain conciousness [What will you do?]
----Possibility 2---- A man has been watching your party for some time and has notified the men on horseback of your pressence, the hooded men stop in the middle of the road and call for you to appear. [What will you do?
DM must make up some story that leads up to the next paragraph.
After finding out the hooded mens' identity's you ask if any of them wish to join you on your treck to the shrine, two of the men converse in private, then one of them walks towards you and nods. Your party along with the hooded man set out for the shrine once again.
(Party has arrived at the shrine)
As you arrive at the rather large shrine you are greeted by a holy man who fits the description of the monk one of the villagers told you about back in town. You converse with the monk for awhile, he tells you that his name is Redwall and that he has been trying to restore the shrine for some time because the ancient dragon spirit who is housed at the shrine has become restless because his symbolic statue was stolen. Redwall begins to tell you about a secret passage that he unearthed when suddenly the hooded man lunges towards Redwall and slices his neck, your party tries to give chase but the man dissappears as Redwall passes on. [Redwall has died and you have learned of a secret passage, what will you do?] DM just make up some stuff that eventually leads to the party discovering a secret staircase at the base of the shrine.

(Party has enterd the dungeon, board must now be set up)

Possible Encounters:
1 Chain Devil 52hp,WS1,Lv1,AC1,20ft,1D6+2
1 Kobold 9hp,WS1,Lv1,AC0,30ft,1D6-2
*RARE* 1 Wearwolf female,87hp,WS1,Lv1,40ft (Has cleave, hits 3 targets 1d6-2)
*RARE* 1 Mimic,38hp,WS1,Lv2,0ft,2D6-4
1 Wall of Ooze (Invisible),Unlimited HP,Lv1,Takes away 1/4th player in ooze hp per turn
*BOSS* 1 Goblin Shaman,HP8,Lv2,WS1,(Has summon goblin minion 9 per turn 1hp,WS1,1d6-3 dmg)(Has Rain of Fire, 4 block raidus 2d6-2) *Only spawns near portal*
1 Skeleton Warrior,15hp,WS1,Lv1,20ft,1d6-1
1 Skeleton Archer,5hp,WS1,Lv1,20ft,1d6-1 Ranged
1 Skeleton Wizard,15hp,WS1,Lv1,20ft(3 spells per turn,acid splash 1d6-1,fireball 1d6+1)
1 Ghost,25hp,WS2,Lv4,50ft (Can only kill with enchanted weapon)
*BOSS* 1 Umber Hulk,175hp,WS2,Lv4,30ft,AC2 (Cleave 4targets 1d6+3, Erupting Slam 1d6+4)
1 Zombie,3hp,Lv4,1d6-4 (If zombie rolls 6 closest party member is infected, 5 turns later they turn into a Zombie and die)
*BOSS* Erik the Swift,Baleog the Fierce ,Olaf the Stout 50hp,Lv3,WS1,1d6 (When all 3 die the 5dmg cannon is destroyed)
*ULTIMATE MONSTER* Sphere of annialation, kills all party instantly

Events:
---3 Dwarves--- You see a large cannonball comming right for you what will you do? --- The 3 dwarves seem to be insane for some reason, they prepare to fire another cannon ball at you what will you do?

---You hear a loud scraping noise comming from the wall near you, as you approash the wall to look for any hidden passages a large Umber Hulk smashed through the wall, what will you do?

---You notice the faint glint of what appears to be metal in a small crack in the wall. As you approach the wall you look closely through the crack and you notice (DR12, pick one party member with highest search skill to roll 1D6+search skill) *Below DR12* You search the crack but all you come up with is a few specks of glass. *Above DR12* You stick your finger in the crack and wiggle it around, suddenly the wall collapses revealing a hidden room with a treasurechest inside. Loot: 56gp, 1 plate chest 12lb +3AC resistant to acid spells, 2 Leather Helmets +1AC 2lb.

---You see three doors ahead of you, and a sign which seems to be in a forign language (1 party member roll 1d6+detect language skill,DR12) *Below DR12* You fail to identify the language on the sign, as you move back towards the party the sign ignites in a fiery blaze and is burnt to a crisp. *Above DR12* you detect the language as Draconic, Jarodious reads the sign "One door leads to safety, the others lead to <The rest is to worn to read>"
Door1-Your skin starts to bubble up, as you try to touch your skin it falls off revealing rotting flesh that is oozing out yellow puss. After a few seconds of frantic panicking you all start to notice eachothers body's rotting away, as you all try to save yourselves your body's burst into blue flames , but you dont seem to feel anything anymore, as minutes turn into days and days turn into years your party is stuck in some half-dead state with overwhelming pain for what seems to be forever...
Door2-You seem to have picked the right door, at the end of the hallway ahead of you you see a large stone portal and a small green creature, what will you do? (You may not turn back)
Door3-You seem to have picked the right door, at the end of the hallway ahead of you you see a large stone portal and a small green creature, what will you do? (You may not turn back)

---You come across a large wooden door with a strange insignia above the door, what will you do?--As you open the door you see a long haired man in fullbody plate armor kneeling infront of an alter in what seems to be an ornate church in this strange place. The man seems to be unaware that you are here. What will you do? ***If you kill him he drops an Enchanted Holy Sword,9lb,+2 on attack rolls *** --DM INFO: The man is a zombie but you dont notice any zombie-like features and the church is a memory of his that manifested itself in the area where he died.
Man stats: 20hp,AC4,WS1,Lv3, 1D6-4+2

*END OF DUNGEON ROOM*---You see a bright light comming from a break in the wall up ahead, what will you do?--You see a hooded man preforming some sort of ritual on what appears to be the missing villagers, one of your party charges forward and disrupts the hooded man's ritual. Four more hooded men appear in the corners of the room, they start channeling a spell towards the large stone obelisk in the center of the room. The obelisk starts to glow and shoot out long blue beams towards your party (Beams shoot out 2 per turn 1D6 dmg, kill all hooded men to cancel ritual, all cultists have no dmg and 5hp) What will you do? **You kill all cultists, the ritual is cancelled, or is it?!? the obelisk starts to shake and a large stone golem smashes out of the obelisk and begins to attack your party, what will you do?**
Golem 300hp,2D6,WS2,Lv5 (If someone in your party has the amulet from the merchant, the golem is instantly killed <make some shit up> then end the campaign with some more made up shit)
If someone has the Enchanted Holy Sword it does 3D6+2 damage to the golem

End of campaign: Your party takes the body of the head cultist back up to the village, you claim the reward of 100gp each, 3 skillpoints to put in any skills, and a pair of Cloth gloves that increase your fire resistance by 5 gloves weigh 1lb.

Opening:
Since your last adventure which lead you through the depths of an eerie crypt to get to the bottom of a series of fires that plagued the little village on the edge of the forlorn woods your party has lost many members. Currently your party is walking towards the city of Targan, after many hours of walking through vast valleys and steep mountians you see an old man sitting on the side of the road. [Will you; speak with the man?, attack the man?, something else?]
Speak with the man:
You approach the man and ask him why he is sitting here. The man begins to tell you about a vast army of Kobolds that invaded and destroyed the city of Targan. The old man begins to shake violently while saying something about an invisible enemy that the kobolds used, before you had a chance to ask him another question blood explodes from everywhere on the mans body. In all of the commotion you see a kodold running away from your party, but before you could give chase you and your party begin to lose conciousness.

Attack the man:
You begin to attack the man, but he starts to violently shake then blood explodes from everywhere on the mans body. In all of the commotion you see a kodold running away from your party, but before you could give chase you and your party begin to lose conciousness.

Something else:
*Make whatever you say end with:* he starts to violently shake then blood explodes from everywhere on the mans body. In all of the commotion you see a kodold running away from your party, but before you could give chase you and your party begin to lose conciousness.

-------Regaining Concisness-------
As you and your party begin to regain concisness you seem to be in a pitch black room, you hear cries for help comming from all around you but you cant see anything. You see a torch illuminating bloody corpses and bony starving people in chains all over the ground, blood and the juices of rotting corpses run all over the stone floor. As the torch gets closer you notice that a group of kobolds is huddled together around the torch carrying kobold. The group of kobolds comes closer and closer untill they are nearly uppon you and your group. [What will you do?]
=you are chained up, hands bound together with iron chain and the larger group members are bound with steel chain. Your feet are free to move and you are still in possesion of all of your items.
>>>>>>>>>BATTLE<<<<<<<<<
Group of 5 Kobolds, all warriors, HP15, LV2, AC 2
XP=75 Loot= 7gp per player, Tattered Robes +1 spell rolls, Wooden Mace 1d6 -1 1h, chain whip 1d6 +3 roll a 4+ to hit
The kobolds have been vanquished, as the last kobold is slayne you hear one of your party screaming in such a manner that you are instantly shocked and begin to run towards his voice. (Each person rolls dice, lowest roll is the person screaming, that person cant do anything untill DM says so) As the party is running you are all tripping over piles of corpses and people are franticly trying to grab your legs, as the party approaches a dimly lit doorway you hear another ghastly scream from your party member. [Do you dare open the door to save your party member?]****If the party wont go in the captured party member is dead****

Saving Party Member:
As you smash through the door you see a Kobold Shaman reaching his arm inside of your allies chest, instantly the Shaman casts a Sleep Spell on one of your party (All roll a dice, lowest roll is put to sleep)
>>>>>>>>>BATTLE<<<<<<<<<
Kobold Shaman,HP25,Lv3,AC0,Can summon 2 Kobold Warriors (Stats are above)

After leaving your party member:
As you quickly run away you hear an intolerable scream and then silence...

After saving your party member:
The Shaman has been defeated and your party member rescued, though your party member still has a large hole in his stomach he is able to stand and walk. (Injured party member has 3HP)

---------Escaping--------

You and your party have been wandering around in the dark for awhile, you dont notice any more people, though you are starting to smell something vile, you speak with your party members and eventually agree to follow the smell. After another few hours you enter an area lit by torches on either side of the walls which seem to be made of human bones...
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<(Set up dungeon now)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Possible Encounters:(Remember to give players XP and loot)
*RARE* 1 Wearwolf female,87hp,WS1,Lv1,40ft (Has cleave, hits 3 targets 1d6-2)
*RARE* 1 Mimic,38hp,WS1,Lv2,0ft,2D6-4
1 Ghost,25hp,WS2,Lv4,50ft,Casts fear which paralizez all players in 4 block area for 1 turn has 2 turn cooldown (Can only kill with enchanted weapon)
1 Kobold 15hp,WS1,Lv1,,30ft,1D6-2
1 Animated Object (Make up what the object is depending on area),HP5,1d6+1,10ft,Lv2
1 Wall of Ooze (almost invisible, only a DR5 can see it),Unlimited HP,Lv1,Takes away 1/4th player in ooze hp per turn

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>POSSIBLE EVENTS
-As you walk through the narrow hallway you walk past a root comming from the ceeling, as you pass it gets caught in your armor, you manage to un hook the vine and push it away, suddenly the vine wraps around your neck and pulls you to the celing and strangle you. Your party members try to slash the vine as it pulls you up but it pulls you up to fast, no mele weapon could help you now...
Enchanted Root,HP5,Kills player after 2 turns of strangleing (Can only be killed by a ranged weapon or whip)

-Suddenly after turning a corner you (the closest player to mob) are attacked by a well.. you arnt really sure what attacked you. (closest player is unconcious for 4 turns, take the unconcious player out of the room for the 4 turns) ****DM, do whatever you want for the 4 turns, but when the 4 turns are finished the event continues**** You finally regain conciousness and find out what has happened to your party during the time you were knocked out. Finally after a quick checkup by your party you all begin to walk down another hallway.. A long greyish figure steps out and stares at your party, focusing mainly on the person who was knocked out.. The figure starts making strange sounds, some of which your party recodnize as dwarvish, common, orcish, and draconic.. eventually the figure begins to say in a noble sounding common voice "Why are you hear?", one of your party begins to tell the creature of what has happened up till this point, the creature begins to walk into a black area [Will you: Follow the creature?, Attack the creature?, something else?]
Follow the creature: After following the creature for some time you hear a snapping noise, suddenly you fall into a bottom-less pit (The campaign is finished unless Jarod rolls a 2 4 or 6 and then sacrifices himself to shift time back to when the creature beckons you)
Attack the creature: Greyish Creature,HP50,1D6,AC1,Lv4 (Instantly kills player with lowest roll if battle takes more than 10 turns) Loot=Greyish Creature's Skin XP=325

-After awhile you hear the crackling of a fire comming from a broken down wall up ahead [Will you; sneak past without disturbing whatever may be by the fire?, keep walking?, other?]
Sneak past: You attempt to sneak past the broken down wall but one of your party accidentally kicks a small but loud sounding rock alerting the creatures by the fire. Out of nowhere three dwarves appear and begin to attack you. *BOSS* Erik the Swift,Baleog the Fierce ,Olaf the Stout 50hp,Lv3,WS1,1d6
Keep walking: You decide to keep walking past the broken down wall but one of your party accidentally kicks a small but loud sounding rock alerting the creatures by the fire. Out of nowhere three dwarves appear and begin to attack you. *BOSS* Erik the Swift,Baleog the Fierce ,Olaf the Stout 50hp,Lv3,WS1,1d6
Loot: Rugged Shoulderpads 2AC 4lb, 50gp per player, Worn Running Boots +10ft per turn 0lb
XP=300

-You hear a loud scraping noise comming from the wall near you, as you approash the wall to look for any hidden passages a large Umber Hulk smashed through the wall, what will you do? *BOSS* 1 Umber Hulk,175hp,WS2,Lv4,30ft,AC2 (Cleave 4targets 1d6+3, Erupting Slam 1d6+4)
Loot:Umber Hulk Shell Fragment X5 (1ft sqd) 3lb per fragment, Fist Sized Emerald 7lb
XP= 400

>>>>>>>>>>>>>Story Area2<<<<<<<<<<<<<
After hours, maby even days on wandering around the eerie maze of bone overed walls you hear the low hum of chanting, as you run towards the chanting it gets louder and louder untill you run through a doorway into an enormous lava lit cavern, while running through the doorway you foolishly loose your footing and begin to fall off the clear edge of a 50ft cliff luckily your party member manages to gran your arm and pull you back up.
You and your party assess the situation making note of what your carrying and that there are small foot holes scattered around the face of the cliff, you belive that you could carefully climb down but your not sure. You also notice that the chanting is comming from a mob of 40 Kobold Warriors, there are 5 Kobold Shamans in the center of the large chanting circle and in the center is an enormous pile of dead and screaming humans.[What will you do?]
***DM make some stuff up here***
>>>>>>>>>>After making stuff up<<<<<<<<<
Finally you all made it to the bottom of the cliff, you notice an unguarded hole of light to the left in the distance, you belive it may be a way out. You also see a large boulder perched on the side of a small dirt mound, you think that the combined strength of your party could push the boulder onto the Kobolds and kill most of them which would allow you to try and save some of the humans piled in the center of the circle. [Will you; escape through the hole?, attempt to push the boulder off the mound and kill the Kobolds?]
Push Boulder: You and your party sneak up behind the boulder and push with all your might, the boulder begins to roll down the mound, suddenly a Kobold Shaman notices the boulder and cast some sort of spell on it. The boulder kills most of the Kobolds but...it rolls stright into the pile of humans and splatters theirs remains all over the cavern... You and your party run as fast as you can to get out of the hole, seconds after escaping through the hole you see a white flash.
Escape through the hole: You and your party carefully sneak out of the hole, leaving the piled up humans to die a slow and painful death. Seconds after escaping through the hole you see a white flash.

----------------ENDING PARAGRAPH--------------
You open your eyes and to your shock you and your party are on a ship in the middle of the ocean.

Making the two of them gave me a few ideas for DS xP

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Todays, well tonights progress report:

-Began work on the base terrain for Island2
-Figured out a small part of the storyline
-Tweaked some old stuff, and edited a couple systems

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Here's an update on the project, I'm not going to begin working on it for awhile but I thought I'd post an update for now.

Skip to around 6 min for messages from me. I also suggest watching it in 1080p because it looks horrible in 480, the video is laggy throughout because I had a lot of background programs running.

A few of my new ideas in a short list:
-Might turn into an SRPG
-I'm developing systems for an RPG map so it will tie into the srpg idea if i go that way
-The high res doodads are taking a toll on me (having to make tons of new models) and the map, but I'll keep using them for now

Level 2
DnD is quite fun accept blayne ruined last weeks because there was only two of us, and he refused to play and instead made arnold shwartsnagger voices and kept QQing to play wow -.- Ill try and bring Dean next time he said he would get into it and would come alot.

Level 2
*facepalm* no biggie i can host it at my house i was already working on session 4 which was a little open world like there was 5 different campaign paths you could get through conversations etc. im still writing it and im about 2/10's the way there, i will probably update most of the systems, and i got about 2 people dean and jarad so i gotta look for a 3rd and fourth player to keep the saga going, because my friend unlike you, romans never give up and never surrender on a cause!

Level 2
Oh can you bring my figures and paint tommorow, im doing alot of conversions with my space marines and my romans, and ill need the figs anyway :D

Level 4
this project will never be finished... i saw many beginning projects like this one and like 10% were finished.. and i didnt even talk about patches... like 5/10 users keeps relasing patches (and ussually for short time period..)
by the way it looks really neat. Like from The Witcher or Gothic... but how i said, you never done that!!!

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

It will be finished in some form eventually.
If everyone really wants to know what I've been doing look at my rpg systems tester requests in the requests forum. All of those systems will go into DS.

Level 4
2 months ran away so fast and you didnt even move that...
MY PREDICTION WAS TRUE HAHAHAHAhahahaha, hahahaha, hahaha, haha, heh.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

2 months ran away so fast and you didnt even move that...
MY PREDICTION WAS TRUE HAHAHAHAhahahaha, hahahaha, hahaha, haha, heh.

If you're going to troll GTFO.:ogre_rage:

To everyone else:

I just moved to a new province and finally got the Internet hooked up today so if you have questions or w/e you can ask them now. While the Internet wasn't hooked up I took a look at the systems of the map and began to re-make them along with the systems from CoTC (my other campaign).

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Yeah its 3x larger than our last one, I had to help knock out a few walls and install some new stuff, just all the usual fix up the house stuff. Just got into playing Oblivion.
Anyways I forgot to mention that I had two new freaky dreams that I could remember finally since the first one that made me start DS.
I'll just say that the new additions to the storyline will probably get me going again and that you wont be able to guess whats coming....

Level 12
Yeah its 3x larger than our last one, I had to help knock out a few walls and install some new stuff, just all the usual fix up the house stuff. Just got into playing Oblivion.
Anyways I forgot to mention that I had two new freaky dreams that I could remember finally since the first one that made me start DS.
I'll just say that the new additions to the storyline will probably get me going again and that you wont be able to guess whats coming....

haha nice, congratulations for your new big house. haha smashing walls eh, you must have had fun xP Oblivion is great, do you know Tesnexus? It's an Elder Scrolls mods site and forums, widest one I have ever seen, I can say.
Meanwhile, did you ever seen and play that campaign http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/dreamlord-episode-i-104050/

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Yeah I've searched around for mods and went to that site. In my non-RL/Wc3/EverythingElse time I'm learning how to mod oblivion to =P Yeah smashing walls was awesome!
No, but I might get around to trying it out.

BTW just running a few ideas for DS here, gimme some feedback if you can:

-The main hero changing to different people (as in one day its fred the next day its bob)
-Small under 150x150 maps for regular maps and 200+x200+ for the main maps
-Wc3:WoW style where you can travel from map to map doing w.e you want
-Go back to the old style of map (basic but good if triggered properly, they knda sucked before)

The last one up there is only because I still have the second edition of DS (the last one to still feature Yayoi and Brandon).

Finally I want to know if anyone has the original campaign that had around 3 maps kinda finished, I lost my copy due to bad folder management....

Level 12
Yeah I've searched around for mods and went to that site. In my non-RL/Wc3/EverythingElse time I'm learning how to mod oblivion to =P Yeah smashing walls was awesome!
No, but I might get around to trying it out.

wow that is awesome! are you good at it yet? I can't mod but I had a mod idea and even a partner who is willing to make it, but I couldn't start the project because of some rl reasons lol.
Dreamlord has some similar plot to dreamscape.

BTW just running a few ideas for DS here, gimme some feedback if you can:

-The main hero changing to different people (as in one day its fred the next day its bob)
-Small under 150x150 maps for regular maps and 200+x200+ for the main maps
-Wc3:WoW style where you can travel from map to map doing w.e you want
-Go back to the old style of map (basic but good if triggered properly, they knda sucked before)

The last one up there is only because I still have the second edition of DS (the last one to still feature Yayoi and Brandon).

Finally I want to know if anyone has the original campaign that had around 3 maps kinda finished, I lost my copy due to bad folder management....

well I couldn't decide but either 1, 2 or 3 seem fine.
and I have a 2nd or 3rd chapter something, can't remember which was, and map's name is Alive. And I added some cheap triggers to map to make hostile troops march towards queen's chamber for you, do you remember? xP

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

wow that is awesome! are you good at it yet? I can't mod but I had a mod idea and even a partner who is willing to make it, but I couldn't start the project because of some rl reasons lol.
Dreamlord has some similar plot to dreamscape.

well I couldn't decide but either 1, 2 or 3 seem fine.
and I have a 2nd or 3rd chapter something, can't remember which was, and map's name is Alive. And I added some cheap triggers to map to make hostile troops march towards queen's chamber for you, do you remember? xP

I'm not the best at it yet lol, just made a 4 level dungeon but no mobs or objects, and I'm running into a lot of errors, but I'll figure it all out soon enough. Its kind of like the Wc3 editor but a little bit more complicated.

Yeah thats one of the maps I want.

Level 12
I'm not the best at it yet lol, just made a 4 level dungeon but no mobs or objects, and I'm running into a lot of errors, but I'll figure it all out soon enough. Its kind of like the Wc3 editor but a little bit more complicated.

oh lol, looks like I'll have to ask an experienced modder for my awesome idea xP I would like to learn that editor as well if I had time, but meh, I don't know scripting though lol. I know 3ds max 9, at least I would do modelling i I had time, but I don't lol.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

I just spent last night learning things about it, I actually figured out how to save properly, create a basic npc (still a few minor bugs), make working doors, and areas. To bad milkshape models wouldn't cut it for oblivion though lol...

Thx for the map & today I had to look after a baby all day lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.