• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Project - Dreamscape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Dreamscape

Idea & Storyline

Basically there is no "Idea" per say for this campaign, The campaign is basically ideas and dreams thrown together into one big random collage of stuff.

As for the storyline, its basically the same as above, except that it will be randomly thought-up at the moment it's needed.
There is no such thing as "Planning Ahead" in this campaign or "Project" as im calling it.
This project is solely to entertain & make people think ^.^ Yes!, that's right I said THINK! :eek::nw::razz::cry:

:fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp:Don't worry you won't half to think on every level :)mwahaha::cute::thumbs_up:)

Reason for making this?
I
Random
Stuff
:cute:

Screen Shots

Character's

Name: Yayoi
Race: Human
Description: The first of the four main characters in the story. She is fairly ignorant at times, yet resourceful at others, though she doesn't say much at the beginning she soon becomes very active in the group's conversations.

Name: Narrator
Race: ??
From: Dastilion (According to what he says, who knows where hese really from?)
Description: The second of the three main characters in the story. He is the smartest of the four, but he sometimes misses the little details..
One of his main talent's is to be able to transform between Dragon-oid & Dragon-kin.

Name: Jou Ja
Race: Troll
Description: The third of the four main characters in the story. Not much is known about this strange troll, he just seemed to wiggle into the party somehow...:eekani:

Name: Halsad
Race: Human
Description: The last of the four main characters in the story. Nothing is known about him except that he is a human soldier.

Bad Guy's

Name: Demon Lord Erinyes
Race: ??
Description: ??

Area's

*Note this map is just a full map view copy pasted from all 4 chapters, they are not in any way connected in-game!

Areas Currently Implemented;

Tar Perth Caverns (Ch4) [puh-earth]
The Cave of Meeting (Ch2)
The Land of Dastilion (Ch1) [Das-till-e-on]
The City of Azia (Ch3) [A-z-in]

Areas that "Might" be Implemented;

Sands of Flaming Bunnies
Forest of Evil Puppies
Party time Beach
The Wasteland ---This area will not exist because it will be blended with Tar perth caverns(Cred's to Narrator for this one)
Fish cloud lake
The light abyss

Suggestion's from the Hive

Not as weird as mine... i was walking trough a dark wasteland, and saw three cages... in the first that looked like a library skeleton was reading newspaper, in the second that looked like a common cage a skeleton was lying on the ground with a knife in the head, and third one had enormous steel doors, labelled "MK". I opened them and saw giant green hand. Then I woke up. DAMN STRANGE. If you want, you can use this dream in your map.

However, good luck with this project. Idea is original... it's your dream after all ;-)
I dreamt a new one: A dark cave with glowing line trough it. If you follow the line, you reach a completely white place with a black dot in the middle. if you touch the dot... dream ended there.
you can add an odd forest/town paradise region in the underground level (4th chapter). this should be very random, lol. Or descending sunshines/moonshines.

First main screenshot is sexy.
Here's a dream :D

You are walking in a strange forest when suddenly you hear a noise, you look behind you and you see a bush walking, then you go investigate it and then a huge tree charges at you, you realise that the tree was corrupted bu demons and then the whole forest becomes alive and chases you, you run and try to get out of there, suddenly the exit is blocked with trees and a blade with fire suddenly appears at your hands, you try to cut the throns closing the exit and then you are free, but before you leave, a massige tree with demonic spiders jumps at you(earthquake sound :D) and you have to defeat it, when you weaken it and then you are charging to do the final blow, everything dissapears and you are walking at a blank place, full of darkness, then a demon appears walking at you roaring and screaming(End of Dream :eek:)Damn that was scary :p maybe there's an idea for a dream to add, no need for perfect terrain. :p

Triggers IIIIII55%IIII
Terrain IIIIII56%IIII
Randomness IIIII100%IIIII

:eekani:

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
Not as weird as mine... i was walking trough a dark wasteland, and saw three cages... in the first that looked like a library skeleton was reading newspaper, in the second that looked like a common cage a skeleton was lying on the ground with a knife in the head, and third one had enormous steel doors, labelled "MK". I opened them and saw giant green hand. Then I woke up. DAMN STRANGE. If you want, you can use this dream in your map.

However, good luck with this project. Idea is original... it's your dream after all ;-)

Level 2
you guys call those dreams weird? ehhhhh how weird are mine supposed to be then >_<

Oh btw the character and the name seem fishy. Try not to make it look like runescape ^^

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

I hate runescape...
Also, I don't remember saying anything about the characters yet...

Edit-- How do i use that reveal button?

Level 4
If you are going to use my dream, make wasteland with lot of dark cliffs, blight and Northrend trees. Lot of spooky trees. But near the cages, don't put anything. Maybe a moon on the sky. That's how it was.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Ok :xxd:

Think i saw a moon model somewhere on here...

Edit-------------

Posted some screenshots & added some stuff in the storyline section.

Level 4
I got a new dream, except that this one might only serve as a detail. A cracked skull in the middle of the ocean, slowly heading towards the shore.

I dream nightmares almost every night, so i'll keep posting here. (Do you mind +repping me again if I gave you a good idea?)

BTW, those are not screenshots. Those are pictures of Photoshoped flaming bunny and a cute looking dog. ;-)

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Narrator said:
BTW, those are not screenshots. Those are pictures of Photoshoped flaming bunny and a cute looking dog. ;-)
Or ARE They *scary music and lightning*

Narrator said:
(Do you mind +repping me again if I gave you a good idea?)

Ok, but i think theres a limit to how many i can rep per day

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

sounds like something on a movie i saw, cant rember it tho.
btw, u wanna beta test it Narrator?

Map 1 BETA, is almost finished. I'm just finishing up the cinamatics.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

ok, might take another 30 min to an hour for map 1

Update said:
Almost finished, just tweaking the timers and then ill send it over to you

finsihed said:
Ok finished the first map, sending it over in 5 min

{EDIT}
Posting complete map 1 as a prelude to the campaign.

(its the intro basicly)

Level 2
umm make 1 hyperactive dream ^^ with screen effects, and in a way that its hardly understandable just like dreams should be >_>

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

yes i do need another TheHunterKiller.

The first map is downloadable now, just go to the bottom of the first post

{EDIT}
Updating main post with in-game screenshots and up-to-date info.

Level 12
zuahahaha, yes I like this idea, random campaign would be very funny, but add some fun and humour to it though... I dream some odd things sometimes too, can I post it here too?

and here's a random question: what's your gender? :grin:

Level 12
yes, I can say I am a novice triggerer, and I can do any other things you need except importing stuff (yet). well, first lets ask what she needs. then, my home needs to set up, because we have moved another city and home is not ready to live yet :grin:

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Atm I only need help testing the maps. But when i get working on Chapter 4 ill probly need some help triggering.

And yes you can post any ideas you have here.

{EDIT}
Map 3 is gonna take awhile, theres tons of triggers...l

Level 12
you can add an odd forest/town paradise region in the underground level (4th chapter). this should be very random, lol. Or descending sunshines/moonshines.

First main screenshot is sexy.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Yeah ill probably add that to ch 4.
:mwahaha:Thx it took me an hr to make lol:grin:

{EDIT}
Updating some parts of main page...

Gender = You will find out after the campaigns finished :xxd: (Why does everyone wanna know anyway? lol)
:mwahaha:

Yeah its uber epic, yeah srry the editor screwed up and wouldn't let me place ur guy closer.

ETA on chapter 4= 1 week min, 2 weeks max. (School is starting after tomorrow thats why it wont be released to the testers for such a long time.)

Edit-----: Im updating the first page again, it will include allot more info about the map and I might edit the storyline section to

ALL EDITS ARE COMPLETE

Level 12
yeah, I am very wondering lol. Actually, I can kind of imagine :cool:

Well, somebody else has wondered too? lol

ghetto life, homeless life ftw; lol j/k...
Home still is not set up, and I think it won't next 1 or 2 weeks..

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Yeah 3 ppl keep asking lol...

Also what type of terrain should chapter 4 have.

Lava type
Northrend spider cave type.
Other? (you pick one)

Level 12
Restarting the level, terrain turned out horrible after my friend was left with the editor open for a few min...

oh.... :slp:

well, both underground and outland types are cool, but you should mix 2-3 types of them..
I can't wait for helping, but at least I heard the home is getting ready soon..
It looks like will be a good stuff ain't it, heheh :wink:

and about schools.. I still have 1 more month lol

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

For some reason the banner at the top page dissapered and i forgot to save a copy. Does anybody have a copy of it that they can send me?

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Edit-------------------------------------

Just started work on chapter 4 after thinking of an idea and stuff for it.
It will be a lot different then what I've been thinking of making it so-far.

Small spoiler, chapter 4 will be completely playable witch means there will be a limited amount of cinematic's.
Bigger spoiler, you will NOT be controlling the usual hero's. Instead you will be in-control of a vehicle, this vehicle will be controlled by using your arrow keys to move, ad your mouse to do a more percie move & attack.

Big spoiler, 1+1=Fish

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

No, i'm planning on making 20+ maps in 2+ campaigns, If this one turns out good.

{EDIT 1}
BTW, ch 4 is gonna be rely hard to beat if you aren't good at figuring out puzzles & exploring.

Update to main post is finished. I added some new ch 4 creation blog notes, updated the edit notes, revised some of the spelling errors, Added some Un-noticeable stuff..

{EDIT 2}
--Still working on Ch 4, stuck on some quest triggers...

Resuming work on chapter 4, it's roughly 47% complete. ATM im getting someone to check my triggers because of a bug that I couldn't fix.
Also I have somebody making up a storyboard for Chapter 5.

If anybody would like to throw in some ideas for a chapter just post em now.

Level 3
Cool!

This is a weird campaign, look at these flying fishes.:eekani:
May be its just the camera angle...:cool:
The originality of this campaign is unique and awsome, something very weird, like an dream:thumbs_up:
Good luck!
(I like to say good luck)
(sometimes I dream of dinsauros)

Level 8
Looks really interesting, i will test&review it when it comes out :p

Good job, go on ;)

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

The development of the map will be halted for a few days, Just found out a family member has cancer:thumbs_down:. So I won't have much time to work on the map, due to many reasons... :cry:

Level 12
oww, I wish your parent get cured well and quickly. it must be a very bad thing. If you think once, your parent get a deadly disaese and you don't know if he/she will die or live.. It's a terrible thing. I hope nothing happens in the end.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Thx, yeah I hope she gets better to (Its my grandma btw):wink:

Im releasing what I have finished atm (All 4 chapters, chapter 4 isn't finished yet tho,) Just as a preview of the map and everything.

The loading screens haven't been created yet so it's just normal backgrounds and the BETA maps.

The order to play them in is;

1. Enter the Dream
2. The Meeting
3. Alive
4. The Caves (This chapter is only half finished, and is extremely hard!)

Here you go :cute:

http://www.mediafire.com/?byimnk0wmwm
http://www.mediafire.com/?kzq23niy5wi
http://www.mediafire.com/?gmomk2hzty3
http://www.mediafire.com/?yyyzzmiuyzm

Level 2
if youre still in need of ideas for a sequel or something ive got some dreams i could share :D

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Well, i tested the maps and here is my review for the actual version.

Terrain: 3/10 [The terrain was empty and flat, it needs much work.]
Gameplay: 8/10 [Easy to command, good fight.]
Game: 6/10 [Not so much to do, i guess there will come more later.]
Control: 8/10 [Easy. Nothing special.]
Story: 5/10 [I don´t know...i didn´t understood so much, it was complicated. Don´t know why you´re there, where they know eachother from...nah, anyway.]
Systems: / [No Systems detected]
Balance: 8/10 [Simply balanced.]
Heroes: 8/10 [Interesting, but don´t know anything about them.]

Score: 46/70

Nah, it was pretty interesting, but not so much. There are some works needed. But some things were really funny and cool.

Mark: 3

Don´t take it bad, use this to improve your maps, i hope it will go on.
Thanks for let my play it. ;-)

~Nurga

xP, yeah I never was a good terrainer lol, the storyline is kinda like star wars where it starts in the middle and then hits the end then beginning, (Dreamscape starts in the middle hits the beginning then go's to the ending, so you won't get what everything is about until all of the maps are released.)
Yeah took me hours to get that fight balanced, some times I had to many trolls, sometimes not enough, then the triggers to spawn them took me awhile until I figured out that I could just spawn it on the map and use move instantly LOL!:xxd:. Yeah there isn't much, its more of the introduction map (like showing off the hero's ability's and stuff.)

Nurga said:
Don´t take it bad, use this to improve your maps, i hope it will go on.
Thanks for let my play it. ;-)
Np, thx for the review :wink::cute:

I've aslo decided that i'll release the campaign's with 5 maps each.

Level 12
haha, I've tested maps. 4th chapter seems very interesting. I couldn't pass 3rd chapter but I passed that test at 4th chapter :grin: :xxd: very interesting isn't it :p

but I tried like an half hour for the test. (actually, I don't know the time, I didn't lookt at clock) I tried many words. At some point, I get disturbed and started to type swears by myself. I typed the hell. That reminded me of fire and I thought about it. If you feed fire it does get bigger but you use water it does die lol. Then I tried fire and that panda let me pass in, haha! :grin: Funny isn't it?

And about goodness of maps, time attack would be better at 3rd map. Swordies are coming by the time passes on and you must to defend narrator until timer ends.

4th map is still looking cool, but you should make more sensitive that turning system with arrow keys. And they're still cool.. Damn, that the home of mine, home of incompletence :( I would help with triggers and stuff if I would have be in my home. But it's soon.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Lol, yeah the riddles are tough, for the first one you can eather destroy something or type in the word =), there's also a hidden lever somewhere near the first gate...

Yeah that was my original idea for the attack but non of the trigger combination's I tried worked, so I just made it so when u kill X swordy the next wave spawns. There's also a secret wave if you move a certain hero to a certain area...

I've tried a few arrow key systems, but most of them don't work with 1.24 or there attached to a close-up camera..

Level 14
Here's a dream :D

You are walking in a strange forest when suddenly you hear a noise, you look behind you and you see a bush walking, then you go investigate it and then a huge tree charges at you, you realise that the tree was corrupted bu demons and then the whole forest becomes alive and chases you, you run and try to get out of there, suddenly the exit is blocked with trees and a blade with fire suddenly appears at your hands, you try to cut the throns closing the exit and then you are free, but before you leave, a massige tree with demonic spiders jumps at you(earthquake sound :D) and you have to defeat it, when you weaken it and then you are charging to do the final blow, everything dissapears and you are walking at a blank place, full of darkness, then a demon appears walking at you roaring and screaming(End of Dream :eek:)Damn that was scary :p maybe there's an idea for a dream to add, no need for perfect terrain. :p

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Nice, I might use that for the last boss in ch5

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Ok ^.^
What model do you want to be?

Level 5
Storyline - 6/10 [Wierd to understand and not much there but it is a dream ill give you that!]
Terrain - 3/10 Plain and flat, make it a little "hilly"
Game play - 5/10 [Pretty fun, to challenging though, make easier...]
Triggers - 8/10 [Diverse triggers. that make the game fun]
Balance - 8/10 Very balanced and fun to play, accept swordie part

Total 30/50

Edit* Notes

During The First Cinematic Footman didnt attack the necromancer that spawns ghouls when hit 3 times, but did on the 4th... fix this please :grin:

Edit*2

Flying Fishies Woot! dude narrator what were you smoking when you did this!

Edit*3

Yayoi looks like she has beard.. and also has the voice of the archmage, im scared. :cry:

Edit*4

Rum and coke song from the trolls made me ROFL! .... lol i also ROFL'd more.

Edit*5

Swordies, are very fucking wierd and gay..

Edit*6

Alot of spelling mistakes...

Edit*7

Last swordy boss to difficult, cant beat him tried exactly 7 times!

Edit*8

Zergling noise or whatever scared me!!! lol was looking at edit notes...

Edit*9

Fucking cruiser is hard to control

Edit*10

The Riddles Are Gay and Annoying to figure out what to exactly type in useless and too time consuming spent 15 minutes before calling you and asking for fuck sakes.

Edit*Final

Cant Beat Last Level, keep running into the eggs when it ports me.

Overall good campaign and very fun to play, keep up the good work, and make the campaign less difficult and less time consuming! also fix terrain and spelling errors 3/5!

Status
Not open for further replies.