• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dreamscape - Original Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
so you are improving step by step lol. I downloaded a couple of mods today and yesterday, I am checking kvatch rebuilt right now, I am really curious about kvatch arena, so I am waiting for game to rebuild the arena part. Too bad, I have to wait for 1-2 weeks for each rebuild event :goblin_cry:

Thx for the map

np

today I had to look after a baby all day lol.

was it fun? xP

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Nope...not fun at all.
Lol can't believe how badly I triggered that map... Now I remember why I re-started the campaign so many times =P
I just can't figure out how I want it to look =/, I like the style of map02 of the last re-start and I like how it looks now (even though its a huge pain in the a*s to terrain and make models for).

What versions did you like the best? My favorite ones were map02V2 (V2 for the 2nd version of the campaign), map04V1, and map01V3.

FYI map04V1 was never seen by anyone but me or released, but it looked 110% bad-ass compared to all the maps I've made until now. OFC as bad-ass as it was I never thought to back it up on a flash drive so when my comp crashed it was decimated... =(
It was a snow terrain map with an 8-bit styled RPG travel map, ancient titan statue ruins, a frozen troll fortress on the bluff of a large ice covered mountian...
-.- BRB tomorrow I'm going to attempt to get into my old mediafire storage and see if I can recover the other maps.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Heres the final post for this thread. READ CAREFULLY

In a lengthy post to Narrator (one of the biggest fans of the project) I exclaimed how I was sick of re-making and re-starting the same old project that was inspired by a dream which has lost all of its meaning over the (tell me if I'm wrong) roughly 2 year time span spent on the three various "Dreamscape" projects.
I also bashed on myself and the bad points of the project throughout the PM (I was pissed for some reason...)

After typing a long rant about the above I decided that I was done working on Dreamscape FOREVER because it just went downhill due to my increasing strive for quality that was beyone me and the Wc3 engine.
Therefore I am officially ending Dreamscape, I know I've ended it before and re-started, but this time I'm just sick of the project... It was actually somewhat entertaining when I managed to get a hold of whats left of the original campaign and watched it =)

It was a good run and I hope whoever is still even following this project for a long time doesn't get a bit pissed about this. But I will say that because I'm finally able to get over whatever was blocking me from doing this (ego or something like that -.-) and end the project.

In conclusion I am also ending all of my well meant but useless side projects (some of which were never publicly known of) such as "WC3:Farmville", and "Dave The Dwarf: A DnD Tale", "Un-named Alterac Valley remake", and pausing all progress on CoTC "Chronicles of Time the Campaign".

All I will say now is that I've sent and am sending PMs to the only members of DS that are still checking these forums.

Level 2
Heres the final post for this thread. READ CAREFULLY

In a lengthy post to Narrator (one of the biggest fans of the project) I exclaimed how I was sick of re-making and re-starting the same old project that was inspired by a dream which has lost all of its meaning over the (tell me if I'm wrong) roughly 2 year time span spent on the three various "Dreamscape" projects.
I also bashed on myself and the bad points of the project throughout the PM (I was pissed for some reason...)

After typing a long rant about the above I decided that I was done working on Dreamscape FOREVER because it just went downhill due to my increasing strive for quality that was beyone me and the Wc3 engine.
Therefore I am officially ending Dreamscape, I know I've ended it before and re-started, but this time I'm just sick of the project... It was actually somewhat entertaining when I managed to get a hold of whats left of the original campaign and watched it =)

It was a good run and I hope whoever is still even following this project for a long time doesn't get a bit pissed about this. But I will say that because I'm finally able to get over whatever was blocking me from doing this (ego or something like that -.-) and end the project.

In conclusion I am also ending all of my well meant but useless side projects (some of which were never publicly known of) such as "WC3:Farmville", and "Dave The Dwarf: A DnD Tale", "Un-named Alterac Valley remake", and pausing all progress on CoTC "Chronicles of Time the Campaign".

All I will say now is that I've sent and am sending PMs to the only members of DS that are still checking these forums.

Hey man i like your decision, and i know what you mean , and dude i was even around when you started up your dreamscape/chronicles of time campaigns , back 2 or so years ago though it feels like longer, i hope you do, whatever it is you want, that you will enjoy working on, and will enjoy the finished result, and maybe/hopefully, not cancel and restart, though it was fun when me and you started our campaigns together, and me and you were looking up how to make certain triggers to what, it was much more simpler back then, and we were amazed with what we came up with, now, i dont know, i just feel the need i cant do anything its not "good enough" in my own eyes, and i assume your the same way, because the wc3 engine has a limit to what you can do. maybe thats why ur doing that oblivion stuff, and thats a reason why i just stopped, but i hope all goes well. Tyler.

Level 27
Honestly, I didn't care about Dreamscape at all, I only cared about the Chronicles of Time - Dreamscape... I lost intrest in it over time... and good luck with whatever you're working on now...

P.S. You should probably contact the moderators to close this thread... no need to keep it alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.