1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

New Project - Dreamscape

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Deleted member 177737, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Narrat0r

Narrat0r

Resources:
    Resources:
    OK, for additional info, you should PM Yayoi.

2. Atm I only need help testing the maps. But when i get working on Chapter 4 ill probly need some help triggering.

And yes you can post any ideas you have here.

{EDIT}
    Map 3 is gonna take awhile, theres tons of triggers...l

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2009
  3. L2love

L2love

Resources:
    Resources:
    There is a button called edit use that instead of double posting.

4. Luffy

Luffy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Swear for it...

meanwhile, I am looking forward to completely move to my new home. There, I will be able to test any maps or make triggers.

5. Luffy

Luffy

Resources:
    Resources:
    you can add an odd forest/town paradise region in the underground level (4th chapter). this should be very random, lol. Or descending sunshines/moonshines.

First main screenshot is sexy.

6. Yeah ill probably add that to ch 4.
    :mwahaha:Thx it took me an hr to make lol:grin:

{EDIT}
    Updating some parts of main page...

Gender = You will find out after the campaigns finished :xxd: (Why does everyone wanna know anyway? lol)
    :mwahaha:

Yeah its uber epic, yeah srry the editor screwed up and wouldn't let me place ur guy closer.

ETA on chapter 4= 1 week min, 2 weeks max. (School is starting after tomorrow thats why it wont be released to the testers for such a long time.)

Edit-----: Im updating the first page again, it will include allot more info about the map and I might edit the storyline section to

ALL EDITS ARE COMPLETE

7. Luffy

Luffy

Resources:
    Resources:
    yeah, I am very wondering lol. Actually, I can kind of imagine :cool:

Well, somebody else has wondered too? lol

ghetto life, homeless life ftw; lol j/k...
    Home still is not set up, and I think it won't next 1 or 2 weeks..

8. Yeah 3 ppl keep asking lol...

Also what type of terrain should chapter 4 have.

Lava type
    Northrend spider cave type.
    Other? (you pick one)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2009
  9. Luffy

Luffy

Resources:
    Resources:
    oh.... :slp:

well, both underground and outland types are cool, but you should mix 2-3 types of them..
    I can't wait for helping, but at least I heard the home is getting ready soon..
    It looks like will be a good stuff ain't it, heheh :wink:

and about schools.. I still have 1 more month lol

10. For some reason the banner at the top page dissapered and i forgot to save a copy. Does anybody have a copy of it that they can send me?

11. Luffy

Luffy

Resources:
    Resources:
    it seems ok right now. I can see everything except 3rd picture of first mission at preview screenshots.

12. Edit-------------------------------------

Just started work on chapter 4 after thinking of an idea and stuff for it.
    It will be a lot different then what I've been thinking of making it so-far.

Small spoiler, chapter 4 will be completely playable witch means there will be a limited amount of cinematic's.
    Bigger spoiler, you will NOT be controlling the usual hero's. Instead you will be in-control of a vehicle, this vehicle will be controlled by using your arrow keys to move, ad your mouse to do a more percie move & attack.

Big spoiler, 1+1=Fish

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2009
  13. Luffy

Luffy

Resources:
    Resources:
    making of map seems as random as map itself lol. will it end at 4th chapter?

14. No, i'm planning on making 20+ maps in 2+ campaigns, If this one turns out good.

{EDIT 1}
    BTW, ch 4 is gonna be rely hard to beat if you aren't good at figuring out puzzles & exploring.

Update to main post is finished. I added some new ch 4 creation blog notes, updated the edit notes, revised some of the spelling errors, Added some Un-noticeable stuff..

{EDIT 2}
    --Still working on Ch 4, stuck on some quest triggers...

Resuming work on chapter 4, it's roughly 47% complete. ATM im getting someone to check my triggers because of a bug that I couldn't fix.
    Also I have somebody making up a storyboard for Chapter 5.

If anybody would like to throw in some ideas for a chapter just post em now.

15. Kuritany

Kuritany

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cool!

This is a weird campaign, look at these flying fishes.:eekani:
    May be its just the camera angle...:cool:
    The originality of this campaign is unique and awsome, something very weird, like an dream:thumbs_up:
    Good luck!
    (I like to say good luck)
    (sometimes I dream of dinsauros)

16. Luffy

Luffy

Resources:
    Resources:
    well, good. :) meanwhile, did you ever played Are You A Retard map? I just played it, you should look at it, maybe it gives you some additional ideas or stuff ;)

17. Nurga

Nurga

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks really interesting, i will test&review it when it comes out :p

Good job, go on ;)

18. The development of the map will be halted for a few days, Just found out a family member has cancer:thumbs_down:. So I won't have much time to work on the map, due to many reasons... :cry:

19. Luffy

Luffy

Resources:
    Resources:
    oww, I wish your parent get cured well and quickly. it must be a very bad thing. If you think once, your parent get a deadly disaese and you don't know if he/she will die or live.. It's a terrible thing. I hope nothing happens in the end.

20. Thx, yeah I hope she gets better to (Its my grandma btw):wink:

Im releasing what I have finished atm (All 4 chapters, chapter 4 isn't finished yet tho,) Just as a preview of the map and everything.

The loading screens haven't been created yet so it's just normal backgrounds and the BETA maps.

The order to play them in is;

1. Enter the Dream
    2. The Meeting
    3. Alive
    4. The Caves (This chapter is only half finished, and is extremely hard!)

Here you go :cute:

http://www.mediafire.com/?byimnk0wmwm
    http://www.mediafire.com/?kzq23niy5wi
    http://www.mediafire.com/?gmomk2hzty3
    http://www.mediafire.com/?yyyzzmiuyzm

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2009