• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dreamscape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
What is Dreamscape?

-Dreamscape is a 3rd Person Single player RPG/Puzzle/Escape map that focuses on giving Warcraft a completely different feel.

What will it feature?

-It will feature a wide variety of puzzles and interactions with the CPU to make it feel like you are stuck inside of a dream.

-You will have to use the environment to solve riddles, find clues, and ultimately escape the clutch of the evil within.

It will also feature a stunning, magical terrain. I'm putting the most work I've ever put into terrain making a fully playable yet simply beautiful map. (screenshots below)

How would you describe it?

-If I had to take something and compare to Dreamscape it would be that it will have a "Alice in Wonderland" feel to it.

-Puzzle wise I want it to have a Myst type feel; Myst was a first person PC game that placed you on an island and gave you challenging puzzles to solve. I recommend googling it if you want to see what I'm talking about.

229649-albums6638-picture72554.jpg
229649-albums6638-picture72555.jpg
229649-albums6638-picture72556.jpg
229649-albums6638-picture72553.jpg

I just realized this is in the wrong forum (been working every day the past 3 weeks on 10 hours, so a bit tired) Any way I can get this moved to map development?

Level 30
Those screenshot looks great and the FEELS! Your terraining looks good btw.

There is not much story to this thoug and you only solve puzzles here. I suggest add a story or at least show us. If you plan to do a good puzzles in this game at least make the story great also.

Overall, good luck and +4 REP

Level 11
Those screenshot looks great and the FEELS! Your terraining looks good btw.

There is not much story to this thoug and you only solve puzzles here. I suggest add a story or at least show us. If you plan to do a good puzzles in this game at least make the story great also.

Overall, good luck and +4 REP

I have a background story in mind yes. Basically the protagonist awakens here in search for his friends and you not only have to solve various problems to escape, but also figure out how to rescue them IF you can find them.

I'm still trying to think of ways to incorporate that into this map while at the same time coming up with unique puzzles.

Status
Not open for further replies.