• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dragons Reach

Here we go. I went silent for some time. Now I give you small piece of upcoming models. You will still have to wait for other works like Varian Wrynn, LOTR models and HoS...But dont worry, I am working on it. ;) Let me know how you like this Vrykul main model - Hall of Dragon master or as in native tongue - Drekar-ná til (Guess what that means )

Anyway enjoy it and please give feedback and credits if you use. You can edit the model if you want to, but please keep in mind to give credits for original model. Thank you and see ya in the next model.

Your

SvH

Keywords:
Dragon, Reach, Hall, Of Dragon, Masters, Vrykul, Nordic, North, Winter, is, Coming, Ymir, Vallhala, Mead, Toast, Feast, Viking, Wik, Legends
Contents

Dragons Reach (Model)

Reviews
12:44, 6th Jul 2014 MiniMage: It's a little heavy on the filesize, but since it's upgrades, it's technically like three buildings. So whatever, it's a neat base building with a lot of creativity and work put into it. Approved.

M

12:44, 6th Jul 2014
MiniMage: It's a little heavy on the filesize, but since it's upgrades, it's technically like three buildings. So whatever, it's a neat base building with a lot of creativity and work put into it. Approved.

Level 38
Am I the only one seeing a missing texture on it? (viewer bug?).

Actually its the bug of 3D viewer. I am using sometimes textures it is not able to load, like UI textures. For example if you look on my Valkyr model you will not see the staff dragon head, you see only black blank texture. It should be working on normal model viewers and of course in game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 10
This is a very cool building, has a very dark feel. Would work well as a town hall for a draconian race.

Level 38
lol, that was rude, you don't need to talk like this, just don't use it. It's because of people like you, which talk only sh*t about the models, that some people not even do those things, afraid to be offended.

Anyway, nice model Sellenisko, totally useful :3

Not me. Everytime someone says about me work he doesnt like it or that it is really bad, it doesnt breake me. Yes, it makes me sad first, but than... It hardenes me. To do better, to do more. To never stop.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
This is looking incredibly good, Sellenisko; and all the better because of the amazing use of in-game textures! It also fits very well with your style & the rest of your units.

However, I'm concerned about it's ingame usage; primarily in it's length & manner of construction. See, most of the regular "Town Halls" build "upon" themselves, getting taller or slightly wider, but no longer; that is probably due mostly to problems with pathing. Think of how this would be built; you place the first section (which is kinda small by itself, also), and then suddenly an equally-large section comes into being behind it when you upgrade. This would wreak havoc upon units (or, *eesh*, other buildings) behind it. Then again when it upgrades a 2nd time.

The alternative (having the pathing of the "lvl1 base" town hall the same as the "lvl3 full" town hall) might alleviate that, but then you have this rather small 'hut-like' building occupying a small portion at the front of the pathing/selection circle; blocking units from walking behind the physical geometry due to it's huge pathing (<- which is in preparation for it's FINAL FORM)...

Eh. Just kinda worried about it's usage in-game, dude. But the mesh & wrapping are excellent. Just my two cents. : )

Level 38
This is looking incredibly good, Sellenisko; and all the better because of the amazing use of in-game textures! It also fits very well with your style & the rest of your units.

However, I'm concerned about it's ingame usage; primarily in it's length & manner of construction. See, most of the regular "Town Halls" build "upon" themselves, getting taller or slightly wider, but no longer; that is probably due mostly to problems with pathing. Think of how this would be built; you place the first section (which is kinda small by itself, also), and then suddenly an equally-large section comes into being behind it when you upgrade. This would wreak havoc upon units (or, *eesh*, other buildings) behind it. Then again when it upgrades a 2nd time.

The alternative (having the pathing of the "lvl1 base" town hall the same as the "lvl3 full" town hall) might alleviate that, but then you have this rather small 'hut-like' building occupying a small portion at the front of the pathing/selection circle; blocking units from walking behind the physical geometry due to it's huge pathing (<- which is in preparation for it's FINAL FORM)...

Eh. Just kinda worried about it's usage in-game, dude. But the mesh & wrapping are excellent. Just my two cents. : )

Alright, you got the point :D i was jsut inspired by the Dragonsreach in Skyrim...It pretty much looks that way :D Do you have any ideas how to make it...different? I am even opened to suggestions. you can draw some concepts how to change it, send it to me and I can think about it :)

Alright, you got the point :D i was jsut inspired by the Dragonsreach in Skyrim...It pretty much looks that way :D Do you have any ideas how to make it...different? I am even opened to suggestions. you can draw some concepts how to change it, send it to me and I can think about it :)

How about just converting it into a normal building (the full upgraded one) and skip the town hall idea?

Level 38
How about just converting it into a normal building (the full upgraded one) and skip the town hall idea?

Than i would have to come with new town hall idea :D ! It would be kinda strage when you have all races come with tier1 to tier 3 townhalls and suddenly there would eb vrykuls with only one "stage" :D If it would be up to me I would let it be as one building, but i really tryied it to be functional for W3 tech-trees.

Than i would have to come with new town hall idea :D ! It would be kinda strage when you have all races come with tier1 to tier 3 townhalls and suddenly there would eb vrykuls with only one "stage" :D If it would be up to me I would let it be as one building, but i really tryied it to be functional for W3 tech-trees.

Quite understandable :)
I better download this version before it disappears then.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Hrm. Well definitely awexome & impressive to re-create ideas from other games/genres/etc; I do it all the time for my Factions. However, one always has to be careful to make things "fit" the 'thing you're making it for' (wish I could find a word for that). Case in point, a lot of great ideas from Starcraft 2 & Red Alert games I incorporate into my Factions; however, those being more "mass-unit/hard-counter" games, I have to consider that when porting things over.

In this sense, it's mostly a graphical problem (though the consistent style you present could be a little extra-detailed to regular stuff). "How to make this town hall work for pathing"?

Unfortunately, the only answer I can think of involves a total re-work; it basically has to "build on itself" in an upwards (or slightly widening) fashion.

I'm not that good at artwork, and don't have oodles of time over weekends... But I'll see what I can do. In the mean-time, consider what I've said.

Good luck!

Level 2
Vida, že by slovák? :D / Oh, do we have a Slovak here?

Hej,som slovák,ale som skor fanusik(uz asi 7 rokov).Ani vo world editore neviem robit :D/Yes,I am slovak but i'm just a fan(about 7 years).I cant even work properly in World editor :D

Level 4
How can i use it? when i use it i only see a simple hut. :( Are in this all the levels? (lvl1 building, 2 and 3)