• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Aeon of Strife] DotCa

What do you think of this map?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
223635-albums6237-picture72938.bmp

So here how the Bug happened :
If you would craft a Bracer and buy a Courier an Bug will activate. Try to use Pick Up All Item near your hero and the Recipe of Bracer will having the Courier.
Here's the Item I got :
Ironwood Branch
Circlet Of Nobility
Gauntlets of Ogre Strength

Do Pick Up All Items then drop then change position of hero Pick Up near the hero then drop again.
Edit : I used that Bug many times :ogre_hurrhurr:
Edit #2 : I used Lich King and I think damage in the unit when the unit will attack is a bit delay.

Level 16
Yay, fi ally found that bug... I already know it... But since i haven't started with the items yet.. It's still there...
Please, for now on.. Any reports on heroes other than spell bugs.. Are not wanted.. Those are finishings (esthetics)... Which are in the BETA 6

Level 30
Why did I see this thread just now!? :ogre_rage: BTW, this looks very promising and neat thread btw... I like how you used those nomnoms (errrrr... I mean BB Codes).

The gameplay looks decent though it quite ruins it because somehow it resembles a DotA gameplay but Im not holding any hatred against DotA, infact I like them but if you could make something from this that will make this somehow different, that will be good and from now I can see there are some different things here. Good job. Also the name could use some more polishing maybe, the title is quite bad for it is just like a DotA name added something to make DotCA which is Defense of the Corrupted Ancients.

Though I just based this by looking so later I'll give a formal review when I played your map. GL and +4 REP!

Level 16
Just between you and I, I prefer this to DotA
Why did I see this thread just now!? :ogre_rage: BTW, this looks very promising and neat thread btw... I like how you used those nomnoms (errrrr... I mean BB Codes).

The gameplay looks decent though it quite ruins it because somehow it resembles a DotA gameplay but Im not holding any hatred against DotA, infact I like them but if you could make something from this that will make this somehow different, that will be good and from now I can see there are some different things here. Good job. Also the name could use some more polishing maybe, the title is quite bad for it is just like a DotA name added something to make DotCA which is Defense of the Corrupted Ancients.

Though I just based this by looking so later I'll give a formal review when I played your map. GL and +4 REP!

Ehmm, the gameplay is a typical AoS but the diff is items and heros thanks

Level 8
Just downloaded your game and found some disturbing things. Some heroes' attacks are dealt really late after that Hero attacks. That damage should be dealt accurately when he finishes his attack animation. And also a suggested change on Thor Knight. His spells are good but his ult is imba. Reduce the stun a bit and also the manacost of his 2 active spells are too damn low! Another thing is please place his cleave spell on the second slot, his aura on the third slot and his third spell on the first slot. That's all :)

Edit : Also the Tauren Khan's walking animation looks kinda .... someth'n :ogre_icwydt: You could remove the sfx from the items its not necessary..

Level 16
Just downloaded your game and found some disturbing things. Some heroes' attacks are dealt really late after that Hero attacks. That damage should be dealt accurately when he finishes his attack animation. And also a suggested change on Thor Knight. His spells are good but his ult is imba. Reduce the stun a bit and also the manacost of his 2 active spells are too damn low! Another thing is please place his cleave spell on the second slot, his aura on the third slot and his third spell on the first slot. That's all :)

Edit : Also the Tauren Khan's walking animation looks kinda .... someth'n :ogre_icwydt: You could remove the sfx from the items its not necessary..

I'm going to upload the beta 6, since you are complaining about the heroes, te beta 6 is a hero updates, what item are you talking about? And what's wrong with tauren's movement, i think it's good :)

Level 8
Gonna stay tuned for the beta 6. I'll tell you if I find some bugs or any other things that needs fixing. About the item that I want to change I'm talk'n bout all the items that gives a special effect. It just makes the Hero look weird :/

Edit : And one more thing. The description on the Alien Monster's ult says :
Level 1 - 0% of attack damage and blah blah
Level 2 - 0% of attack damage and blah blah
Level 3 - 0% of attack damage and blah blah

But when you have learned the skill it says 4% of attack damage and blah blah .... Please change that ...

Last edited:
Level 8
The description of the Succubus' second skill says that she will blink to her target. But why isn't she moving to her target? Also I'm going to remind you again. Some of the heroes' skills have too much and too low mana cost. Please do change some of that. :)

Edit : Also the Dread Seeker has no skills yet :(

Status
Not open for further replies.