• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Aeon of Strife] DotCa

What do you think of this map?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
225233-albums6410-picture73998.jpg
DotCa V. 1.03 RLC
Defence of the Corrupted Ancients, Return of the Lich King

By DotCa @ JAD
225233-albums6410-picture73102.jpg

This is not a Dota-like Map
Description
One of the best One-man made AoS maps, DotCa offers you 44 Unique heroes to play with, including Massive 155 items. As a normal AoS map, DotCa has lanes (2), therefore, the 2 lanes will split in the middle creating the third Lane, the X, where all the 4 lanes will collide, creeps will split equally between the middle and the straight lane.
Bases are situated at the bottom left corner (The Ancients) and at the top right (The Undead), creeps spawn every 30 seconds and the main Game will begin after 120 seconds of the start.
DotCa also offers 2 bosses, each one near one of the 2 bases and 5 creep camps in the 2 other corners of the map
Enjoy ;)
ScreenShots
225233-albums6410-picture72753.jpg

Many possibilities when choosing the game mode
225233-albums6410-picture72763.jpg

Go inside the forest to kill neutral creeps and gain easy gold and XP
225233-albums6410-picture72754.jpg

Great Spell Effects
225233-albums6410-picture72755.jpg

Fitting icons and effects for each hero
225233-albums6410-picture72756.jpg

Too much cool custom spells
225233-albums6410-picture72757.jpg

Use items to help you in the battle
225233-albums6410-picture72758.jpg

Eye-Candy spells to make you enjoy the game
225233-albums6410-picture72759.jpg

Runes appearing on the map for a little occasionally help
225233-albums6410-picture72760.jpg

Again, Cool spells
225233-albums6410-picture72761.jpg

Ultimate items to challenge any opponent
225233-albums6410-picture72762.jpg
Heroes - 44 Heroes
The Heroes here are the main strength of DotCa, with 44 Unique Heroes that will go up to the level 25 and with many custom spells, you will enjoy playing each of them in the battle

[-] More Info:
4 Kinds of Heroes:
  1. Normal Heroes: those heroes will cost you 250 Gold to choose them and are available after 10 seconds of start, they have 3 normal abilities (4 levels each), 1 Ultimate, (3 levels - Unlocked at level 6) and an attribute bonus ability (10 levels)
  2. Special Heroes: those heroes will cost you 500 Gold to choose them and are available after 15 seconds of start, they have 4 normal abilities (5 level each), 1 Ultimate (5 levels, Unlocked at level 5)
  3. Exeptional Heroes: those heroes will cost you 2000 Gold to choose them and are available after 25 seconds of start, they have base abilities that will be unlocked automatically with your hero level, 1 Attribute Bonus ability (15 levels) and 1 Ultimate (10 levels)
  4. Ultra-Special Heroes: those heroes will cost you 2000 Gold to choose them and are available after 25 seconds of start, they have 4 normal abilities (6 levels each) and 1 Ultimate (1 level, Unlocked at level 15)
225233-albums6410-picture71891.jpg

225233-albums6410-picture72483.jpg
Items - 155 items
With an incredible number of 155 items, you have a really big choice in DotCa

[-] More Info:
  • Normal Items - YES, there are some items based on the Main Warcraft 3, enhanced of course
  • Recipe Items - YES, most of items in DotCa are Recipe-based
  • Ultimate Items - YES, there are 6 Ultimate items that can be found in the bottom right corner, those items will cost you much Gold, but they are worthy their price ;)
Coming Soon...
Game Modes
At the Beginning of the game, Player (Blue) will be asked to choose the game mode which are the Following:
A - Game Mode
  • Default Mode: Players will get 200 gold refund when choosing heroes, enemy heroes are unable to be chosen
  • All Pick: Players are able to pick any hero
  • All Random: Players will be given a random hero
  • Death Match - Only Available in 1vs1: Players will have 7500 gold balance, 500 gold refund when choosing a hero, heroes will begin at level 10 and revive twice faster
  • Crazy: The Game has no specific Rules
    -Stop Explosions: Disables random generation of explosions and meteors in the map
    -Speed Mode: Accelerates the Game
B - Lanes Mode
  • All Lanes: (Normal Mode), Lanes split normally and creeps will spawn in each of them
  • No X: Disables the Split making the creeps only go straight away, adds one melee creep in the spawning
  • Only X: Makes the creeps only go in the X path, adds one melee creep in the spawning
  • No Top: Disables the Spawning in the Top Lanes
  • No Bottom: Disables the Spawning in the Bottom Lanes

Normal Commands

Single Player Commands

Commands' Descriptions:

-roll (Roll a Number): Generates a random number from 1 to 100 for you [Rolled number can not be changed]
-ms (Movement speed): Displays your hero's movement speed from dotca's regard
-rms (Real Movement speed): Displays your hero's movement speed as it is without dotca's changes
-sc X Y (Speed Calculation): Calculates the speed of your hero after X seconds in Y seconds (DotCa's regard)
-rsc X Y (Real Speed Calculation): Calculates the speed of your hero after X seconds in Y seconds (Normal Speed)
-ps (Player Status): Displays all player's status in the game
-ma (Undefinied): Displays your enemies and wich hero are they controlling
-ic (Icons Check): Refreshs the icons in the multiboard
-hc (Hero Cam): Focuses your camera on your hero
-clear (Clear): Clears all the log on your screen and removes Hero Cam (-hc)
-leaderboard (leaderboard): Shows your scores in the leaderboard
-votekick XX (Vote to kick): Enter "-vcd" to display all its' description
-givegold XX YYYY (Trade Gold with): Gives YYYY amount of gold to player(XX), you can not give negative number of gold, and you can not give gold to an enemy nore to a non-playing player
-name ***** (change name): Change your name to whatever you want (max of 10 letters)
Anti-AFK System (-kickafk XX) if a player doesn't move his hero for more than 5 minutes... he will become dropable by his allies, If before dropping, he moves his hero.. then he won't be able to be dropped anymore
Only Available when ONLY Player (Blue) is Playing
-lvlup XX: Increases the level of your hero by "XX"
-lvl XX: Sets the level of your hero to "XX"
-gold +/-XXXX: Increases your gold by "XXXX"
-killanc: Kills all of The Ancients' units
-killund: Kills all of The Undead's units
-killall: Kills all of The Ancients' and The Undead's units
-respawn: Revives your hero instantly
-refresh: Refills the health and mana of your hero and rests all cooldowns
-dummy: Creates a Tauren Warchief Hero at level 10 at center of the map
-dummy XX: Creates a Hero at level 10 at center of the map, XX refers to the number of a hero XX goes from 1 to 44
-ndummy XX: Creates "XX" Tauren Warchiefs Heroes at level 10 at center of the map
-alwaysrepick: Enables repicking several times, you must enable it before making a normal repick
-reveal: Disables the Fog of War in the Map
-reveal ON/OFF: Toggles the Fog of War

Total WiP

Terrain WiP

Items WiP

Triggers WiP

Heroes WiP

Area

Progress

Terrain||||| ||||| ||||| |||||
Items||||| ||||| ||||| |||||
Triggers||||| ||||| ||||| |||||
Heroes||||| ||||| ||||| |||||
The Wip is devided between the bottom left corner and the upper right corner, the bottom one is 90% complete, the 10% is the small neutral creep camps area in the bottom right corner. The upper corner is 40% complete with, the between the base and the borders incomplete (the 60%)
225233-albums6410-picture72474.jpg
The Wip is mainly, not started, since i am turning all the dota items into custom items... only the ones added to the dota ones make the items 20% complete
The Wip is mostly done... there are some parts that need fix like the multiboard, bosses and creeps camps revival
Like you may have read, the most important here are the heroes, so, the only hero waiting to be finished here is not a normal one, but The Lich King himself and some bug fixes and improvements of other spells (old spells) will remain to be worked

Here is the Beta 6 stage of the map, i hope i will see many bug reports and feedbacks :) and i hope you enjoy

(7.86 MB, Beta 6 Download)

Last edited:
Level 16
Yh, haven't started with the items and i already know the difficulty, for the host, no, but if you have garena, i sometimes host a game for testing

------------------------------------
A little update of what i have done from the beta 4 till now:
*fully working multiboard
*some heroes abilities fix
*bug fix where creeps of the bot line followed the domination level of creeps in the top line
*finished the spree system with a bug fix if you killed 2 enemy heroes within 0,5 seconds and a new Assist system
*Fully working neutral creeps system which makes them "resurrect" after being killed (all of the camp) after 30 seconds

Level 16
hello, i downloaded ur map. your town portal scroll is not functioning. i tried to tp to the first tower on the top lane. then i cancelled it before the ball of fire hit me. i purchased another scroll then tried to tp again. it wont teleport me.

This issue is known... It occurs if te target point when Tp is within 1000 range of the tower, try pointing somewhere further.. It should work ~~ i am working on it

Level 4
hehe i have alot of time at the moment and i thought testing your spells. i cant tell if your spell works properly if i cant understand the description. btw the command -ac on daffa is not working. or the message will pop up on other place? nothing happens when i use the command

EDIT: also i see that you havent put any spells on charm caster. i have a suggestion spells haha.

Level 16
1. For the tooltips, like divine quoted
2. For charmcaster... She has 11 spells each spell has 3 lvls.. Read the tooltip of her spell book, you will have to enter each spell's name to unlock it.. So she is reserved to whome knows the spells
3. I'll check on daffa's command
4. The furst AoE of Sage's first spell is where explosions will occure, they are randomed, each explosion will damage and slow enemies in a smaller AoE around them... So the spell doesn't specifically damages ALL the units in the pointed AoE

Level 4
yup i know how the spell works, do u intend it to hit units outside the target area? if thats the case then its fine

EDIT:

pick a hero then type -repick then type -alwaysrepick then pick a hero then type -repick see what will happen

Zues
-lightning vortex is bug

Bow sister
-bow rage is bug

elite marine
-when u auto cast laser then level the spell, the spell will have no cd

wisp
-this i have to ask does your creeps regenerate hp when there are no enemy creeps around? cause if not then wisp's clarity essence is bug

i wont comment on unfinished spells

Last edited:
Level 16
Lol, i didn't see the edit :p

yup i know how the spell works, do u intend it to hit units outside the target area? if thats the case then its fine

EDIT:

pick a hero then type -repick then type -alwaysrepick then pick a hero then type -repick see what will happen

Zues
-lightning vortex is bug

Bow sister
-bow rage is bug

elite marine
-when u auto cast laser then level the spell, the spell will have no cd

wisp
-this i have to ask does your creeps regenerate hp when there are no enemy creeps around? cause if not then wisp's clarity essence is bug

i wont comment on unfinished spells

Anw, 1. yes, it is impossible to use the -alwaysrepick command if you already repicked once
2. 3. please specify the bug
4. this bug is not from me, it isn't even from leveling the spell, even at lvl 1, auto cast it, and let the marine attack himself (without ordering him) and you will see that the spell will not generate the cooldown... the spell may be changed thought (reworked entirely)
5. again, what is the bug (and the creeps hp reg is 1.00)
Unfinished spells are marked by a wrong tooltip (missing or other spell's tooltip) finished spells have a full tooltip

Level 4
zeus
-lightning vortex can only move units towards the south west direction
bow sister
-no agility bonus
wisp
-i tried to lure creeps so that im the only target and trigger the "clarity essence" it can damage the creep with the right percentage but recovers full hp to other nearby creeps (im talking about enemy creeps).

Last edited:
Level 16
zeus
-lightning vortex can only move units towards the south west direction
bow sister
-no agility bonus
wisp
-i tried to lure creeps so that im the only target and trigger the "clarity essence" it can damage the creep with the right percentage but recovers full hp to other nearby creeps.

Zeus: i changed the trigger codes to not interrupt the order of units but the result was that it is 100% working with no bugs IF the units in the AoE are player owned (i mean not the ancients nore the undead)... i am trying to figure a solution
Bow Rage: it does, look at the base agility, not the agility bonus :p (i prefered making it bonus base agility instead of bonus for the one and only reason: reduce loading time by 10 seconds
Wisp: Or, i didn't understand well what you meant, Or, there is no bugs (i tested and everything was going fine

And added Screnshots in the main post

Level 16
No, no new version, i will release the bet 5 after fixing the things you told me about :p
If it doesn't work (bow rage) in beta 4, then it does in the 5
And lol wut, 6 times in a row! ... The trigger of the spell is smth like this:
  • Events -
    • A unit takes damage
  • Conditions -
    • Unit's clarity escence level is greater than 0
  • Actions -
    • If -
      • Percentage...
    • Then -
      • Unit - Damage units within 100 AoE of unit by %of damage

Level 4
also, how come zeus last spell deals lower damage than other spells? (i know it can hit multiple times and that u chose that amount based on approximated value) but isnt it better if you will do a large damage on a unit then store it on a unit group so that it wont get hit again? (just asking please dont hurt me)

Level 4
ill play it again when u release ur next version.i havent really played them all, i enjoy using ur heroes and it costs so much time hehe. i hope when u say "tooltip" it covers all. i saw ur spell descriptions on the sorceress (i forgot the name) ur spells says Lina (dont know if the character name or the spell tooltip is the mistake).

Level 16
I'm glade you like it, for the sorceress, it's Mileena, i changed her name to not make it sound "dota" ... Thx for remembering me
And by tooltips.. I mean the spells... The heroes's tooltips is not for the immediate now :p
And remember, wrong tooltips on spells=BETA spell=can cause bugs

Level 4
hello

zeus' lightning vortex is still bugged. it can only move units to the south west direction. try to check on your unit angle when picking units on a unit group.

wisp
-try this, when clarity essence takes effect walk a little then stay but dont attack just keep on doing right click. it heals enemy creeps
-relocate can teleport creeps onto the fountain.

dracula
-bat form, sometimes it takes long before dracula to gain its original color

lich
-frost nova. some crystals shows up before blasting ice on units. dunno if its intended

Level 16
For zeus, i didn't change it.. Cuz i didn't find the error :p
I will try it for the clarity Edit: Yes, it does heal, the weirdest thing is that there is no reason that it heals the units :/
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • (Level of Clarity Escence for target) Greater than 0
    • Then - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (target belongs to an ally of (Owner of source)) Equal to True
          • (Random percentage) Less than or equal to (16.00 x (Real((Level of Clarity Escence for target))))
        • Then - Actions
          • Set temp_location = (Position of target)
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at temp_location using war3mapImported\Stomp.mdx
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
          • Unit - Cause target to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 200.00 at temp_location, dealing (amount x (0.40 x (Real((Level of Clarity Escence for target))))) damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Normal
          • Set amount = 0.00
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temp_location)
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Random percentage) Less than or equal to (8.00 x (Real((Level of Clarity Escence for target))))
              • (target belongs to an ally of (Owner of source)) Equal to False
            • Then - Actions
              • Set temp_location = (Position of target)
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect at temp_location using war3mapImported\Stomp.mdx
              • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
              • Unit - Cause target to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 200.00 at temp_location, dealing (amount x (0.40 x (Real((Level of Clarity Escence for target))))) damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Normal
              • Set amount = 0.00
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temp_location)
            • Else - Actions
    • Else - Actions
Read the tooltip of relocate, it sais there's a chance to teleport other units that also have hp lower than 100/200/300/400 around the wisp
Dracula is the 2nd hero created in dotca.. So bad triggers are normal, any way i may rework most of his spells..
Lemme check on that frost nova... Edit: Ignore this spell, it is going to be changed

Last edited:
Level 16
^

You should post all the triggers with all the events. It's not clear where "target" and "source" get their value from - though I'm pretty sure the problem is that their values get fked up (maybe by other triggers). Maybe it's something else, but reading GUI is a pain in the ass for me, so I did not go through them :p

Level 16
^

You should post all the triggers with all the events. It's not clear where "target" and "source" get their value from - though I'm pretty sure the problem is that their values get fked up (maybe by other triggers). Maybe it's something else, but reading GUI is a pain in the ass for me, so I did not go through them :p

this line of trigger is taken from looking_for_help's DDS, target is the damage target, source is the damage source and amount is the damage...
here is a jass version if you want, the event is wrong cuz it's a blank trigger where is CnP ... the event is like: (udg_target) takes (udg_amount) damage from (udg_source)
JASS:
function Trig_Untitled_Trigger_001_Func001Func001Func001C takes nothing returns boolean
    if ( not ( GetRandomPercentageBJ() <= ( 8.00 * I2R(GetUnitAbilityLevelSwapped('A0P1', udg_target)) ) ) ) then
        return false
    endif
    if ( not ( IsUnitAlly(udg_target, GetOwningPlayer(udg_source)) == false ) ) then
        return false
    endif
    return true
endfunction

function Trig_Untitled_Trigger_001_Func001Func001C takes nothing returns boolean
    if ( not ( IsUnitAlly(udg_target, GetOwningPlayer(udg_source)) == true ) ) then
        return false
    endif
    if ( not ( GetRandomPercentageBJ() <= ( 16.00 * I2R(GetUnitAbilityLevelSwapped('A0P1', udg_target)) ) ) ) then
        return false
    endif
    return true
endfunction

function Trig_Untitled_Trigger_001_Func001C takes nothing returns boolean
    if ( not ( GetUnitAbilityLevelSwapped('A0P1', udg_target) > 0 ) ) then
        return false
    endif
    return true
endfunction

function Trig_Untitled_Trigger_001_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    if ( Trig_Untitled_Trigger_001_Func001C() ) then
        if ( Trig_Untitled_Trigger_001_Func001Func001C() ) then
            set udg_temp_location = GetUnitLoc(udg_target)
            call AddSpecialEffectLocBJ( udg_temp_location, "war3mapImported\\Stomp.mdx" )
            call DestroyEffectBJ( GetLastCreatedEffectBJ() )
            call UnitDamagePointLoc( udg_target, 0, 200.00, udg_temp_location, ( udg_amount * ( 0.40 * I2R(GetUnitAbilityLevelSwapped('A0P1', udg_target)) ) ), ATTACK_TYPE_CHAOS, DAMAGE_TYPE_NORMAL )
            set udg_amount = 0.00
            call RemoveLocation(udg_temp_location)
        else
            if ( Trig_Untitled_Trigger_001_Func001Func001Func001C() ) then
                set udg_temp_location = GetUnitLoc(udg_target)
                call AddSpecialEffectLocBJ( udg_temp_location, "war3mapImported\\Stomp.mdx" )
                call DestroyEffectBJ( GetLastCreatedEffectBJ() )
                call UnitDamagePointLoc( udg_target, 0, 200.00, udg_temp_location, ( udg_amount * ( 0.40 * I2R(GetUnitAbilityLevelSwapped('A0P1', udg_target)) ) ), ATTACK_TYPE_CHAOS, DAMAGE_TYPE_NORMAL )
                set udg_amount = 0.00
                call RemoveLocation(udg_temp_location)
            else
            endif
        endif
    else
    endif
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Untitled_Trigger_001 takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_Untitled_Trigger_001 = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Untitled_Trigger_001, function Trig_Untitled_Trigger_001_Actions )
endfunction

Level 16
try zeus' lightning vortext on different angle. it can only drag enemies to the southwest direction. isnt it supposed to drag enemies towards zeus? cause if thats the case then the spell is doing it wrong.

I'm changing it... Reworking it... I've had enough of it, in each update (earlier versions) i improve it, and it still causes bugs :mad: so say bai to it :p

Level 16
Yh, it can be, there some few spells in dotca suffering of this, i wonder why... Cuz in the triggers, it shouldn't happen like that, Like: even if there is no point to the spell, the missile will go to the center of the map.... I will ask for help to solve this..

Status
Not open for further replies.