1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Dota 2 vs League of Legends

Discussion in 'Gamer's Hub' started by Diegoit, Feb 27, 2018.

?

Vote

1. Dota

13 vote(s)
    52.0%
  2. LoL

12 vote(s)
    48.0%
  1. Flux

Flux

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Some people like me just enjoy the complexity and competitive nature of Dota so my vote goes for Dota. It's so much satisfying winning in a game like this (imagine winning a game of chess vs a game of checkers, winning chess is more fulfilling). It's also enjoying to punish enemies' mistakes (which is more evident in Dota).
    Also bush + special plant is nothing compared to dynamic trees (which has interactions with some abilities like Tree Dance, Nature's Guise, Timber Chain, Shackeshot, etc.)
    The Dota 2 tutorial sucks though and the matchmaking system is not friendly to new players but once you've pass that stage it is all good.

2. Mr. Gameplay Knowledge

Mr. Gameplay Knowledge

Resources:
    Resources:
    Whatever, DotA is DotA, League is League, and that's it.
    Im just too lazy to post more,this threader started to be boring.

:vw_unimpressed:

3. millzy

millzy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    the 2 games are honestly too different from 1 another to compare

LoL players dislike dota because they dont understand the mechanics so they believe these things are OP

dota players dislike LoL because they find it too simplified compared to dota mechanics

the games are played very different from 1 another even tho the goals and concept is the same.

4. Almia

Almia

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    The comparison started when Riot started claiming that "LoL is the new generation of Dota".

5. nedio95

nedio95

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I will have to put my vote on LoL
    Although I prefer HotS above both.

Too lazy to leave a full review on anything, but this sums it up very well: Absolutely never enjoyed playing DotA. It just wasn't fun. (similar applies to LoL, although a little bit less) It is a game(mod) it is supposed to be fun & enjoyable and I've never felt that with either much. LoL has some fun-modes which are quite good and I like doing them but dota... nothing of the sort.

I hope you understand, that this is per-person and you are ASKING FOR A PERSONAL OPINION AND EXPERIENCE in this topic. This is mine. Deal with it.

Regards
    -Ned, out! (Don't tag me, please, don't want to come back here)

PS: I love it how every reply is in this format:
    Game X fan wrote
    Game X worship
    Game Y sham
    Game Y worship which is actually a sham
    Game X sham, which is actually a worship

PS2: Above applicable for any Game X vs. game Y topic ANYWHERE

Disclaimer: I have played both DotA 2 & LoL, some other random MOBA & AoS mods & games both in standalone and mods in War3 & StarCraft & StarCraft II (Original DotA mod, HotS, etc.). I believe this is true for pretty much anybody around, no? I have not played any of those in the past 1-2 years, except HotS and trying random mods every now and then but ~meh.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  6. Marcell

Marcell

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dota 1. LoL you just button mash a hero to death, rotate your spells and boom something is dead.
    Dota 2 I just don't like the camera system and the screen layout.
    So Dota 1 ftw

7. Starblind

Starblind

Resources:
    Resources:
    As an old Dota 1 and Dota 2 (pre-reborn) player, I voted Dota. Not sure how crappy the game is nowadays, though.

I know both communities suck, but I'm pretty sure any community isn't worse than LoL's. Have refused to play LoL many years, I can't stand a single match, it's just not for me. Many friends play it though, they've always wanted to hire me.

8. Almia

Almia

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I am with you. The LoL community in my country is reeking of 10 ~-year-old kids.

9. Zirukurt01

Zirukurt01

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well then....
    [​IMG]

10. The_Silent

The_Silent

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Dota 2 is hilarious to me, it kept a ton of wc3 limitations and made them gameplay features. They had the option to remove the wc3 wonkyness, but they made it a part of the game instead.

When that is said. Who cares. Play what you like and stop being a tribalist hipster that has to makes a conflict out of everything. It is perfectly possible to love something, without having to differentiate yourself and make an identity out of disliking their "competitors".

11. Almia

Almia

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    The main reason to that would be it would raise many complaints on how different it is on its predecessor (mainly, the professional games and experienced ones) and IceFrog chose not to break the concept of the game itself.

6.83 started splitting. IceFrog left wc3 to focus more on the concepts that were not possible on Warcraft 3 e.g. Cooldown Reductions, Spell Source, On-Hit effects, to name a few.

12. Light

Light

Resources:
    Resources:
    Meh, I have 1500+ (estimate) hours on DotA 1, 1000+ hours on DotA 2, 700+ hours on LoL, I still play both occasionally.

Both are fun in their own ways, I can't really describe it clearly.
    DotA is more about the absurdity of everything and prioritizing the ones that work best. I'm only Archon after playing so long, though, so who am I to say?
    League for me is mastering one focus point of the game (I'm an Azir OTP) and using it effectively. I hover around Platinum II-I.

The new player experience of League is absolute garbage, though. I hear DotA has enforced the easy heroes only for new players too, which is also bullshit.

13. Almia

Almia

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    That was pre-December. It was 12+ heroes only playable for new players. Now they changed it to disabling Level 3 difficulty heroes (Invoker, Meepo, etc.)

14. Light

Light

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's good, then.

15. NearbyHermit

NearbyHermit

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't know how active this thread is, but the whole Dota Vs. Lol discussion isn't as passionate as it used to be.