• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

League Of Legends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Hey what's up guys, I just started playing League of Legends recently and was looking for anyone that I might know from here that plays this game so that I can get some friends added ingame.

Also just wanted to know what you people thought of the game etc etc.

If you don't know what League of Legends is, basically its a standalone DotA type game that I do enjoy moreso than DotA.

Level 12
Used to play it, but got bored waiting for non-blind pick/draft mode. They are designing it as a competitive game, yet they don't have a competitive mode. Also I think Summoner Spells are retarded. They are just filler and aren't cool at all. From the beginning they have been causing problems. At one point or another, there have been serious issues with heal (stacks at 1/2 effectiveness), promote (now removed), flash (soon to be removed), cleanse (changed several times), clairvoyance (remade), and on and on.

Heroes of Newerth is REALLLLLLLY confusing for starting players, but I think if I got used to it like DotA (which I played for 4 years), then I'd probably think it's great. I'm waiting for League of Legends Season 1. If it's totally awesome, I'll probably stick with LoL. I'll be watching a lot of HoN replays in the meantime and looking for a SC2 mod that's better than both.

Level 22
iiiii play LoL. Lem0nJuice. i mainly play as pantheon, he's such a badass even after his recent nerf.

my short time playing HoN was rather bad. The game itself imo has VERY dark lighting, which can be very very annoying. My friend who bought the game says they fixed it, but from the videos it still seems rather dark. HoN is also rather heavy on special effects, its hard to tell wtf is going on in a battle when thousands of swirling lines are everywhere.
HoN is actually almsot an exact copy of Dota, it just has better graphics and the occasional unique hero.

The summoner spells/ability trees in LoL are a rather nice bonus actually, I always love having persistency in a game as it rewards you for playing.
However the heal debuff is actually a good balance though, it stops entire teams from getting heal so they can regain all hp in the middle of a battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.