• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

League of Legends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
League of Legends : Clash of Fates

Some of you might not like the idea of this, but it's simply said a standalone DotA, the details you'll have to find at League of Legends - Clash of Fates if you want to look, but think of DotA with a corporate backing, a standalone engine, and a professional team to make it!

--
Features (As released so far):
League of Legends - Features

Screenshots (As released so far):
League of Legends - Screenshots

FAQ:
League of Legends - FAQ
--

Here's an article by a friend of mine on his website that's currently in beta:
DotA Fans Have Somethign to Talk About:

It seems like some of the heads behind the beloved Warcraft 3: DotA-Allstars custom map have joined forces to create the title "League of Legends: Clash of Fates". It looks like an amazing game that breaks free from the boundries of Warcraft 3's hindering engine.

-----

One could say the screenshots look "Cartoony", I had one user tell me that the whole enviroment looked like someone drew it on acid. But what does this mean for RTS players everywhere?! Perhaps we can learn from the true problem with dota, which is, it's not a title, it's a non-official "custom map. I started a thread over at the official forums for LoL (An acronym Pendragon_ told me I was First to use). Th purpose of the thread was to get community input for the competitive aspect of the game and what it should provide the community/player base.

I listed out some simple necessities:

1) I'd like to see a streaming/televising implementation into the software to allow for shoutcasts and broadcasts on the net.

2) I'd like to see a "Clan" or "Team" feature in which users could have officially branded team names in the gaming community to distiguish players.

3) I'd like to see the ability to gather in an online channel (Sort of like Battle.net private channels) So we could run our own competitive invite LoL Inhouse Leagues.

4) I'd like to attract professional teams to the game like my own (Check 6 Gaming) and top teams from all over the world by offering officially sponsored cash prize tournaments to draw in the the player base from the professional scene.

5) HUGE ISSUE HERE: Latency/Lag Control. There needs to be some built in features to have players have minimal lag. Perhaps LoL could have it's own servers through-out the world for users to connect instead of having players host games like battle.net is used for dota.

6) Last, but definatlely not least, the RTS Community has been WAITING for an opprotunity like this. We want to see our ideas and thoughts implemented into the game. One thing that always worked for DOtA was teh community involvement, feedback, and input into items, heroes and restrictions. For example, Most of the item share resitrictions in dota came from rules people like myself posted on tournaments and leagues. When I was an admin for CAL CAL|Kittle and I drafted the rules that are widely used all over the world in dota and Icefrog spoke to me numerous times on messenger about the restrictions and thoughts behind it, low and behold the next version had the item restrictions built into the DotA map.

I am excited, and I think we have a great community eager to see this title, and I have all the faith in the world that the Community behind this will have great ideas that will undoubtedly make this game the best RTS strategy game period.
To start off, here is WHY I'm excited:

1) We now see a custom engine that removes the limitations we've been bound to in warcraft 3.

2) As an owner of Check 6 Gaming, who has a professional DotA Team, I am happy that this will give the ability to have this RTS game a main event at an e-sport competition rather than a back burner like we just saw at ESWC Finals in San Jose California for DotA.

3) Pendragon is great at building communities and I have all the faith in his expectations for this title and the community aspect of the game.

4) For those of us who love DotA we will still be able to do so, Pendragon has told me Icefrog will still be further continuing DotA development, and Pendragon will be aiding the community.

I am a Co-founder of THE 2 largests DotA Inhouse Leagues, and I can tell you this is something the RTS DotA community deserves. This brings credibility to a title which has been rediculed for it's "CUSTOM GAME" Approach on WC3 and the fact that there was no blizzard association to thwart maphackers or grow the game more than just a custom game.

I have seen much mixed thoughts towards this title, and I just don't see a credible reason.

This is the biggest RTS breakthrough since DotA-ALLstars was first released a hundred versions ago!

Hope to see you all in the game! SOON!

HunteR_
EXERPT FROM OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE:

The League of Legends community will feature an abundance of ongoing events including tournaments, leagues and contests. The Riot development team will open their doors for community input, allowing gamers to have their opinions heard, have their ideas implemented in League of Legends and continue to shape the game as it evolves post-launch. Gamers can already join the community forums at League of Legends - Clash of Fates to begin tracking the new title, engagewith the Riot team and other players and become a part of the development processforLeague of Legends.

About Riot Games, Inc.:

Riot Games, Inc. (Riot Games) is an independent Los Angeles-based video game development company, funded privately and through leading venture capital firms Benchmark and Firstmark. The studio was established in 2006 to develop innovative online next-generation titles for consoles and the PC. Comprised of industry veterans with a shared passion for creating fun, innovative gameplay, the company is currently developing League of Legends, which combines the best elements of the action role-playing and real-time strategy genres into a uniquely replayable and competitive multiplayer experience.
Article from Jeff "HunteR_" Hunter of GameBend.com

I know a lot of you probably dislike DotA, but maybe some of your reasons can be resolved in this game? (ie: the community that has a reputation for being very mean)

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    196.4 KB · Views: 365
  • riot_whitebg.jpg
    riot_whitebg.jpg
    451.5 KB · Views: 508
Level 9
To me it looks like a cheap copy of Demigod(another dota like game but it has godlike graphics). The graphics are way too old for a modern game. The heroes are badly made.
On the official site there is a hero called Evil Child or sth like that with a passive spell called Pyromania which gives a chance to stun a unit, targeted by your spells. That's not theme fitting at all.
However it's good that they're trying to make some unique heroes(rather that the boring paladins, knights, warlocks and such).
I'll keeap an eye on that game but I'm not expecting much.

Level 7
To me it looks like a cheap copy of Demigod(another dota like game but it has godlike graphics). The graphics are way too old for a modern game. The heroes are badly made.
On the official site there is a hero called Evil Child or sth like that with a passive spell called Pyromania which gives a chance to stun a unit, targeted by your spells. That's not theme fitting at all.
However it's good that they're trying to make some unique heroes(rather that the boring paladins, knights, warlocks and such).
I'll keeap an eye on that game but I'm not expecting much.

Well the thing is what Demigod has in graphics is lacks in content. Demigod just follows the basic concepts of DotA: Two sides, Heroes, and an endless battle.

Level 34
Looks awful. I'd play this for free perhaps, but pay for it? Ya right. I'd rather play wc3 graphics than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.