1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

DoD 1.00523 BETA Protect

Submitted by topdog-160
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
[​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fW0CPB54Uo

This BETA map is an online role playing game (ORPG). It has a maximum of 7 players, however, at minimum, 4 players are recommended. Unique features include a randomized questing system, fully customizable item attachments, minigames, cross-loading save system which allows players to bring their heroes to future versions, and more!

This warcraft III mod is still in the process of completion.

Patch Notes

DuskofDemise1.00523 PROTECTED: New region added, four new bosses, minor imbalances fixed, Aerial combat system added, Ground tank combat system added, more inherent talents added, and new skins added!

Future BETA version goals: Implement Mainquest storyline and a bag system.

Additional Information

New Content Preview!

Info

The upcoming patch will present a new region for the player, the "Resplendant Municipal," or, also known as the City of Light. This region will be for levels 45-60, and will have many secrets for the player to discover. I am also creating custom textures for some of the models in my game. Along with this new content, the next patch will offer the player more quests, minigames, and most importantly, the fixing of bugs. Please view the screenshots of the Resplendant Municipal Region.

The new content will be presented before the start of July, please keep updated!

New Custom-made texture for the Angelic Templar!

This texture was created by Topdog-160
[​IMG]

New Custom-made texture for the Chronomancer!

This texture was created by Topdog-160 and is still in the process of completion. [​IMG]

Screenshot 1

[​IMG]
Screenshot 2

[​IMG]

Screenshot 3

[​IMG]

Screenshot 4

[​IMG]

Screenshot 5

[​IMG]

Screenshots
Screenshot 1

[​IMG]
Screenshot 2

[​IMG]

Screenshot 3

[​IMG]

Screenshot 4

[​IMG]

Screenshot 5

[​IMG]

Patch Notes

DoD 1.00475 BETA
Urgent Item and leveling bugs that were discovered by Spoontoobig and xzero were fixed. Additionally, the default camera changed by 5 degrees, and the distance of the camera increased to allow players to click behind their hero, and avoid possible frusteration.

Credits
System Programmer:
Topdog-160 (Mikey Fricano)
Game Design:
Object Data Design:
Web Page Designer:
Main Beta Testers:
xEpicX, Nickachu94, xxkillaxx, Ice_Templar
New Beta Testers:
manzman, eMi.envy, xzero

Model Artists:
General Frank
Sunchips
UsedWell
Kitabake
Elenai
HappyTauren
Forgotten_Warlord
Champara Bros
perfjert
chilla_killa
N00byStance
Tranquil
alfredx_sotn
shamanyouranu
JetFangInferno
Fan
.KC
Ket
Hamsta
levigeorge1617
Primary Model Artists:
xXm0RpH3usXx
TheCaveman

Texture Artists:
Anachron
Blizzard Entertainment
67chrome
KelThuzad
CRAZYRUSSIAN
NFWar
Kimberly
SkriK
Akolyt0r
-BerZeKeR-
bAsToIsE
Hellx-Magnus
Used Systems:
GUI Knockback System [Paladon] v.1.60
The_Flood's CameraSystem V2d
D4RK_G4ND4LF Repelling Bubble

Requests

I require replacement models for The Chronomancer, Holy Magister, and the Angelic Templar. If you are interested in aiding then project this please send me a message and we can discuss the model planning.

I also require a texture artist to create a skin for this model: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/gith-170556/?prev=search%3Dgith%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20 . This is a possible candidate to replace the "Angelic Templar." I am searching for an artist who can give this model the appearance of a "Holy Warrior."

Beta Tester Recruitment

I am in need of more active private BETA testers.

Essentially, all players that are testing this game now are BETA testers and I appreciate everyone's help in playing the Dusk of Demise to further its progress. However, I also require more "private" BETA testers which can directly report to me.

To earn private BETA tester status becomes more difficult as this games draws closer towards completion. However, in the process of adding new content there will always be bugs. Currently, this game is only 70% complete, with a treasure of bugs in either the most noticable or unoticable places.
If you find these "treasures," then judging by the severity of these bugs, or the quantity of reported bugs, then you may earn "BETA" tester status and be credited under my "new BETA testers" category.

Keywords:
rpg, orpg, dusk, dusk of demise, demise, death, undead, zombie, survival, awesome, cool, best
Contents

DoD 1.00523 BETA Protect (Map)

Reviews
11:38, 18th Jun 2010 ap0calypse: Changes made, Approved
  1. 11:38, 18th Jun 2010
    ap0calypse: Changes made, Approved

2. Vuormalainen

Vuormalainen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Giving this a try, brb :D

3. Sorceress

Sorceress

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Testing!**

4. Martyssz

Martyssz

Resources:
    Resources:
    You know this is good map! 5/5 I like it! Best ORPG I ever played! And +Rep :))

But please disable that anoying following camera! Or make the option to change it.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  5. L2love

L2love

Resources:
    Resources:
    I crash a lot in this game 1st one was when I enter a certain room and 2nd when I saw zombies and till these get fixed I won't play it and I will vote for no approve.

EDIT:I noticed that staying in 3rd person view or whatever causes it so I am trying not to stay in that but for now the game is good lacking certain things but good.

6. topdog-160

topdog-160

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    How old is your computer and what version is it. This game did not run on my old computer because it was out of date.

7. Citymaker

Citymaker

Resources:
    Resources:
    The game works perfectly for me! Lastly, Marty, you might want to remove that second post.

8. frostloh

frostloh

Resources:
    Resources:
    HOLY...i haven't seen such an epic RPG in ages!!! 5/5 and keep up the good work!
    Can you make an custom damage system,like numbers sorta pop out from above the creeps had when they get hit?And the default camera is a bit hard to control...sometimes i find myself running in circles while using it

9. topdog-160

topdog-160

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes these are all factors that are being worked out, thank you for bringing them to my attention. It helps me know which bothers the player most.

10. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    DoD 1.00460 BETA PROTECT
    Created by Unknown ; Uploaded by: topdog-160

Wtf with Unknown?

Also description isn't good:
    Screenshots shoud be put into hidden tag (Not map logo just screenshots)
    Credits and stuff should be added in list and hidden tag also to save place!
    Use boxes, hidden tags, colors, create (or ask someone to do that for ya) and add video also :thumbs_up:

http://www.wix.com/topdog160/the-dusk-of-demise-orpg should be added as link not simple text!

11. topdog-160

topdog-160

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Moderators DO NOT RATE THIS YET. The description is still being updated. As well as the game as itself.

12. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Don't worry mod will not rate it even if you ask :xxd:
    With new system coming there is no need for that, map can be approved or rejected so don't worry!

13. xzero

xzero

Resources:
    Resources:
    4/5 atm because you can't unlock the camera completely and its too hard to play like that for me =/.

The map doesn't show up in my folder unless i remove the BETA PROJECT part of the name.
    edit: creating a folder named ! worked, thanks.

MAKE A WAY TO SKIP CINEMATICS D:

• Add a backpack that can grab potions, beer, food etc, and higher level items so u can use them when u reach that level or sell other classes items that u dont have in your group.

• Staff of concentration says offhand when its not in ur characters offhand attachment slot I don't think it was meant to be a offhand as it is a staff.

• Mask of belevolence isn't equipable by the angelic templar even tho it says it is.

• Crude hand axe gives 32 damage not 33.

• Charm of Diversity says level 5 but you can use it at lower levels.

• For some odd reason arena stopped working after I died.

• Climb-able stairs in buildings if you haven't already because some stairs didn't work when I tried.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  14. Kl3sk

Kl3sk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Even with the lacking description and over-all poor presentation, when I saw the trailer for this on YouTube I -jizzed in my pants-...twice...
    Waiting for updates, but with or without them, I can still say : This has got to be one of the most brilliant OPRGs that W3 can provide. Probably with as much potential as T.K.O.K. or Gaia's Retaliation.

- Rating : 5/5
    - Voting for : Approved!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  15. WarManta

WarManta

Resources:
    Resources:
    xzero trying making a folder named ! then put all your maps in there, might help you out a lot.
    Back on topic, lovely terrain but the camera ruins it.
    I suggest a arrow key movement system or keys/hot-keys movement system while the other stays as camera so no mouse would be required, that would make a lot of people happier I would think since it improves movement and has less delay too.

16. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Dude write only on English language!

17. TheGodEmperor

TheGodEmperor

Resources:
    Resources:
    NICE GAME!
    But the loads dont work on me....
    I played the Chronomage 3 times to lvl 6 saved, load didnt worked.... pls fix oder tell me how to load ^^

18. arphax214

arphax214

Resources:
    Resources:
    really nice trailer...is there a chance in the game where you can choose your own cam?cam option?

19. xzero

xzero

Resources:
    Resources:
    Weird I don't get any lag in the city with the camera, my comp is high end although.