• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DoD 1.00523 BETA Protect

This BETA map is an online role playing game (ORPG). It has a maximum of 7 players, however, at minimum, 4 players are recommended. Unique features include a randomized questing system, fully customizable item attachments, minigames, cross-loading save system which allows players to bring their heroes to future versions, and more!

This warcraft III mod is still in the process of completion.

DuskofDemise1.00523 PROTECTED: New region added, four new bosses, minor imbalances fixed, Aerial combat system added, Ground tank combat system added, more inherent talents added, and new skins added!

Future BETA version goals: Implement Mainquest storyline and a bag system.

The upcoming patch will present a new region for the player, the "Resplendant Municipal," or, also known as the City of Light. This region will be for levels 45-60, and will have many secrets for the player to discover. I am also creating custom textures for some of the models in my game. Along with this new content, the next patch will offer the player more quests, minigames, and most importantly, the fixing of bugs. Please view the screenshots of the Resplendant Municipal Region.

The new content will be presented before the start of July, please keep updated!

This texture was created by Topdog-160
Angelictemplarhiveshot.jpg

This texture was created by Topdog-160 and is still in the process of completion.
chrono-1.jpg

Newregion1.jpg

newregion14.jpg

newregion12.jpg

Newregion11.jpg

newregion13.jpg

StalaranExit.jpg

maiden.jpg

creepytown.jpg

angelictemplarintown.jpg

chronbubble2.jpg

Urgent Item and leveling bugs that were discovered by Spoontoobig and xzero were fixed. Additionally, the default camera changed by 5 degrees, and the distance of the camera increased to allow players to click behind their hero, and avoid possible frusteration.

System Programmer:
Topdog-160 (Mikey Fricano)
Game Design:
Object Data Design:
Web Page Designer:
Main Beta Testers:
xEpicX, Nickachu94, xxkillaxx, Ice_Templar
New Beta Testers:
manzman, eMi.envy, xzero

Model Artists:
General Frank
Sunchips
UsedWell
Kitabake
Elenai
HappyTauren
Forgotten_Warlord
Champara Bros
perfjert
chilla_killa
N00byStance
Tranquil
alfredx_sotn
shamanyouranu
JetFangInferno
Fan
.KC
Ket
Hamsta
levigeorge1617
Primary Model Artists:
xXm0RpH3usXx
TheCaveman

Texture Artists:
Anachron
Blizzard Entertainment
67chrome
KelThuzad
CRAZYRUSSIAN
NFWar
Kimberly
SkriK
Akolyt0r
-BerZeKeR-
bAsToIsE
Hellx-Magnus
Used Systems:
GUI Knockback System [Paladon] v.1.60
The_Flood's CameraSystem V2d
D4RK_G4ND4LF Repelling Bubble

I require replacement models for The Chronomancer, Holy Magister, and the Angelic Templar. If you are interested in aiding then project this please send me a message and we can discuss the model planning.

I also require a texture artist to create a skin for this model: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/gith-170556/?prev=search%3Dgith%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20 . This is a possible candidate to replace the "Angelic Templar." I am searching for an artist who can give this model the appearance of a "Holy Warrior."

I am in need of more active private BETA testers.

Essentially, all players that are testing this game now are BETA testers and I appreciate everyone's help in playing the Dusk of Demise to further its progress. However, I also require more "private" BETA testers which can directly report to me.

To earn private BETA tester status becomes more difficult as this games draws closer towards completion. However, in the process of adding new content there will always be bugs. Currently, this game is only 70% complete, with a treasure of bugs in either the most noticable or unoticable places.
If you find these "treasures," then judging by the severity of these bugs, or the quantity of reported bugs, then you may earn "BETA" tester status and be credited under my "new BETA testers" category.

Keywords:
rpg, orpg, dusk, dusk of demise, demise, death, undead, zombie, survival, awesome, cool, best
Contents

DoD 1.00523 BETA Protect (Map)

Reviews
11:38, 18th Jun 2010 ap0calypse: Changes made, Approved
Level 5
Oh is there an attack speed cap then? Because my attack speed didn't seem to change when I tried both offhands.

I found that really high level items like 20 plus drop off of low levels like a level 6 gnoll thats a little too high level for a level 6 gnoll to drop =/.

Make a priest in the main city at the revival spot sell higher level potions but make sure to add the backpack when you do this since they would be more useful with it. [Edit]: Keep the cooldowns long like they are right now.

Magroth Light Welder says only angelic templars are worth welding my goods, don't you mean Magroth Light Wielder and wielding my goods?

Freelancer looks sorta weird attacking with an offhand weapon equipped, he only strikes with his main hand angelic templar still uses them like a two hander and shadowknight only attacks with the offhand.

More Angelic Templar cloaks since theres only 2 cloaks that he can use in the game right now as I've seen.

Freelancer's shout should have a little bigger cooldown since u can have 65 percent dmg reduction on a boss forever if you think its too overpowered.

Gauntlet of Vitality gives 15 str not 10 like it says.

Arena bugs out when you die and revive you can't talk to the arena master again sometimes.

Also are you going to make another agi hero thats like a rogue with stealth as its inherent talent?

Last edited:
Level 5
[Version 475]
For some odd reason the 40 percent attack speed won't add to my shadow knight, I actually attack slightly faster with the low level offhand weapon. I tested this on my freelancer and it does add attack speed, but less compared to the other offhand.

Tranquil armor of the maiden ( one of the scale armors u can buy ) costs 1100 gold and is the highest level scale armor there it should be 11000 gold in my opinion.

Assassin's tunic from the lich doesn't give 67% melee attack evasion like it says.

Last edited:
Level 5
Yay new version, alright now I'd like to be seeing some PVP implemented in the map, maybe a duel master by the arena master or something. Make it give lumber to the winners of the duel maybe?

So the four new bosses are the revenant of demise, fiend of hunger, the guardian of the last boss, and the emerald dragon? The revenant of demise is level 8 whereas the monsters around him are like 40 lol.

Battleshout for the freelancer the inherent talent doesn't have a cooldown so you can spam it, it says it has a 5 min cooldown although.

Assassin's tunic still doesn't have 67% melee attack evasion like it says.

I noticed the wild stegozards still walk like they're giants like their footsteps are loud when they're so small and Chronomancer sounds like a child when he dies.

Contigent Rage for the shadow knight doesn't seem to do anything.

Also you lowered the agility to attack speed ratio WAY too much lol with 330 agility I still didnt move from Slow to Average I don't even think agility gives attack speed anymore and I can't test this since now its too hard to kill bosses with my melee dps so imma make a caster right now until you fix it.

MEXICAN FREELANCER GO

Last edited:
Level 5
Just to let you know: The map is very good made at the start, but on the high level grounds and places there are not much to see other than tiles and monsters... But keep the work up, good map! 5/5

Level 9
ok, im back from vacation and when i tried now it found it a little bit more fun :D 4/5 instead :D 5/5 if you add camera option.

I was watching the comments, i saw you have .01% attack speed increase per agility, and with 45 agility it would be 4.5% increase... It would be 0.45% increase, change the attack speed increase to 0.1% attack speed increase per agility if you want 4.5% at 45 agi. Good luck :D

Level 7
Ok, after another round, i love the angelic templar, but the freelancer is still a bit too op (in his equipment, he gets access to allot of regen items, which added up to 20hp/s when i tried it out, and all i had to do to level up was go afk in the fire elemental place where the overlord is for an hour LOL, boom, +10 levels) I still see that the quests aren't much different... they all have the same feel 'kill this', 'collect # of that'... try to make some more things, and i think alchemy would be good here too!

Level 3
lol it lagged on second arena match cause I died, the door is closed, cannot take that match again and so there stops my arena >:C but this looks cool

Level 2
K so heres the thing.. every time i pick a char or the tutorial it gets stuck and than wc3 quits after a long while... i even set my graphics to lowest and my laptop is like one of the newest... looks good though i like the tutorial :p i would say 5/5 and im sure if i played i would get that result

Level 1
First things first, i'd like to say that i've been a longtime visitor of the Workshop, and that because of this RPG, has persuaded me to register and give my feedback and suggestion(s).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• Original and effective idea for a WC3 RPG,
  • Good use of textures, nice terrain and models,
  • A wide selection of items,
  • Majority of the abilities are diverse.

I thoroughly enjoyed this RPG and acted as if it was not WC3 at all. The atmosphere of the map is very persuading, but i found that the size of the map was very small for a potential epic RPG. Oh, and yes, i know, this is only a Beta and has a long way to go until it is completed. Since this is my first time doing this and i don't know what to do actually, in brief terms, the map is extremely fun with minor flaws, but i believe it will be a great success in the near future. Best RPG i've played so far already.

Suggestions (I may list things already been pointed out in previous posts):
  • Larger Map,
  • Implement a PvP function just for those people, like me, to verse their friends,
  • A backpack/equipment function for extra items,
  • More items with different abilities/functions (E.g. better lifesteal weapons),
  • Larger level cap with more abilities (E.g. An ability with sub-abilities that can contain more than 5... bad description?),
  • New model for hats, instead of the red one all the time,
  • More diversity of quests (There are at least 3 types of quests to do),
  • Increase attack speed cap,
  • Fix a few of the cinematic typos (there aren't that much, sorry i can't specify)
  • More classes (E.g. Thief/Assassin, Lancer... Spears...)

I apologise if i could not specify or list too many things, it's late and i'm tired.

I give it a 5/5 because i know it will be a success in future! :)

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Yeah, with a few weeks/months of work it could be one of the best =D

Level 3
I played this in single player and its awesome! And and has to be one of the best ORPGs i've played. Sadly i can't find this game being hosted on west :sad: i was wondering if a new patch is soon to come, and if anyone hosts on west or east. :grin:

Level 2
I am very impressed with this map so far but find it utterly difficult to play with the way the camera is stuck to u. Any hints or way to have normal camera or something work. i cant really even turn around and get lost ez. lol