• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Discuss Film & TV Series - Ratings & Recommendations

Level 36
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug — hopefully.

That one's already been out for a while.

For 2014, hm.

I'm slightly stoked on 300: Rise of an Empire,
and "Noah" actually, surprisingly, looks promising.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will either be mind-blowing, or a complete letdown.
Oh, and, I'm obviously looking forward to X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Though most anticipated of all would probably be the next Nolan
movie, Interstellar. Oh, and, Sin City 2: A Dame to Kill For.

Level 9

For 2014, hm.

I'm slightly stoked on 300: Rise of an Empire,
and "Noah" actually, surprisingly, looks promising.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will either be mind-blowing, or a complete letdown.
Oh, and, I'm obviously looking forward to X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Though most anticipated of all would probably be the next Nolan
movie, Interstellar. Oh, and, Sin City 2: A Dame to Kill For.
Nolan? you mean Bruce Almighty?

Level 9
No, director Christopher Nolan. You know, the mastermind behind the latest Batman movies, Inception, The Prestige and Memento. >.>
- And if you don't know, then you should attain the knowledge.

Sorry man, I really don't know him. But I've watched Inception and The Dark Knight Rises.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Yes, I know :cry:

No, director Christopher Nolan. You know, the mastermind behind the latest Batman movies, Inception, The Prestige and Memento. >.>
- And if you don't know, then you should attain the knowledge.
The only director I know is Peter Jackson, maybe because the LotR make-of was worth watching. Going around memorizing director names just seems awkward. A lot of the questions in shows like Who Wants to be a Millionaire presuppose people know all of that though ._.'

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You know, the mastermind behind the latest Batman movies
I would not call him that. More like the loony they put in charge. Even LEGO seems to be making a better Batman than he did (sadly I cannot find a clip showing what I mean). I did not see the final film, but if the first 2 were anything to go by I did not miss anything.

I still think the best Batman film has to be 1989 Batman. I mean its sound track was made of win. Even the ending was awesome.

Speaking of Batman, The LEGO Movie has some pretty good scenes featuring his LEGO version. Especially when Bruce Wayne bursts into the Octan boardroom.

Level 36
The only director I know is Peter Jackson, maybe because the LotR make-of was worth watching. Going around memorizing director names just seems awkward. A lot of the questions in shows like Who Wants to be a Millionaire presuppose people know all of that though ._.'

Well, it's not like I remember a lot of them, not as many as actors, but some directors are worth
keeping tabs on, mostly because anything they make turns to gold. Among these is Nolan, for me.

I would not call him that. More like the loony they put in charge. Even LEGO seems to be making a better Batman than he did (sadly I cannot find a clip showing what I mean). I did not see the final film, but if the first 2 were anything to go by I did not miss anything.

Well, it would seem like the general public of the world disagrees,
they've been hailed as the best Batman movies till date.

Not that it matters, cause I don't really care much for your negative attitude, when
someone states that they love something, you don't go pissing all over it, savvy? >.>

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Heh, if only a few people would ever have that into consideration.

In most cases, I would rather not know what those directors did in their movies for them to turn to gold. Cliché and wannabe-variety, along with other cheap tricks, are the fad nowadays for successful movies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Well, it would seem like the general public of the world disagrees
Wow I did not realise there were 1,300 people in the world. I am so sorry I thought there was 7,000,000,000 people in the world. Man I was so stupid, I do apologize.

You cannot make that statement with that evidence. Most people in the world have not even seen the film as it is not part of their culture or they come from a developing background. In fact I would not be surprised if most people who saw that film are younger than I am and I am hardly old. Sure it is an ok film, but like I said the 1989 production (which won a ton of awards for about everything) was just better. Yes its sequels did become silly but then again Batman would not be Batman with out at least some silliness in it. This is why Batman is a major character of the first true LEGO movie.

they've been hailed as the best Batman movies till date
Well they better be with all the money they spent advertising them. I mean I would fire the advertisement company on the spot if they did not make it sound like it was the best Batman move to date seeing how many hundred million was spent in total. Obviously I would not care if it was actually the best, but then again most advertisements lie anyway and I want to buy a new car.

when someone states that they love something, you don't go pissing all over it, savvy? >.>
I am entitled to state my own opinions to the public, just like you. I could go into how wimpy Batman was, or how the Batmobile was a tank and not an awesome car, or even to how he some how used mobile phones to do echo location (which we all know is impossible) as defence for my statement. You respond with defence that it is the best batman by rejecting my statement and making a false statement that most of the world think it is the best based on <1,300 votes. Who will win more people over to support their opinions?

There is a good reason why WB used the 1989 sound suit in their LEGO games and not the recent films. It might have something to do with it being one of the best movie sound tracks ever made. I mean if you played the recent Batman sound track how many people would honestly recognize it? What about 1989?

Level 35
There is a good reason why WB used the 1989 sound suit in their LEGO games and not the recent films. It might have something to do with it being one of the best movie sound tracks ever made. I mean if you played the recent Batman sound track how many people would honestly recognize it? What about 1989?

Quoted for truth :smile: That track is great and as for the Batman movies it comes down to two rather different comics being used as the source.

That said I personally prefer to old joker and the old style in some ways (best butler and so forth - and sense was oddly enough more present. However the kick-ass attitude when Batman is actually fighting would go well with the first. Its a matter of a taste, but honestly the third movie? Honest trailers pretty much state a lot of the problems with it, so while it might be a popular movie series, it does by no means make it the best live version of Batman to date.

Level 36
I am entitled to state my own opinions to the public, just like you.

Yes, yes you are. And I am at no point during my post denying you that right.
I'm telling you that I don't care for your mannerism, as it borders to depravity.
- It still does, during this following reply.

Wow I did not realise there were 1,300 people in the world. I am so sorry I thought there was 7,000,000,000 people in the world. Man I was so stupid, I do apologize.

You are right, I apologize, apparently, when dealing with you, one has to be extremely
specific in his choice of words, lest you go strawman all over him. Let me correct:

"The general public of the world who has access to a cinema, money to enter it, and who consecutively
chooses to voice their opinion on a recognized site for movie critique seems to disagree with you."

Now, I agree that 1214 individuals indeed doesn't represent the grand total of people who has both seen
the new Batman movies and the old ones. But they do make an infinitely better picture than two, or in this
case, three people on some forum somewhere. So, unless you can direct me to a media that better represents
the opinions of people who watch movies on a gathered scale, then yes, yes I can make that statement
with that evidence, considering it's currently the "best" evidence either of us have.

Then again, as previously mentioned, I'm not here to argue. I've voiced my opinion in the matter,
and you've voiced yours, and it's not likely either of us will change it. So, for the sake of world peace,
let's not continue this argument.

Level 9
Okay, let's not gone too deep here, this is for all types of films and movies, not just Batman.
Talking about superheroes, who's waiting for Captain America: The Winter Soilder?

Level 32
Okay, let's not gone too deep here, this is for all types of films and movies, not just Batman.
Talking about superheroes, who's waiting for Captain America: The Winter Soilder?

I'd watch it, I feel like Marvel does a better job at the action than DC. But DC's characters are more original.

But, damn, did you see the new Gozilla trailer? San Francisco and Las Vegas destroyed with hints of other monsters? And planes falling out of the sky while a tsunami hits a skyscraper? Ermagerd! (I've watched Godzilla movies my whole life)

Level 9
This movie is the proof that Disney has TOTALLY GONE OUT OF IMAGINATION. Its good, but I sense this will going down by time to time.
BTW, Gravity is the best space movie ever.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Okay, I'm in a hurry and I fear I'm going to be late, but I wanted to know what everyone thinks of The Mist (directed by Frank Darabont). Its plot differs from that of the novel, so I think the author wanted to say something. Throughout the night I couldn't think of anything else but try to make sense of what happens in the movie. Why is Mrs.Carmody spared by the bug, why is she so effective in her preaches, why is Ollie killed after shooting her and why it had to end that way.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Yeah, I really do not understand how that woman who left the maul to rescue her 2 children managed to escape, seeing how every other person that left the maul got spotted in 5 seconds. The primary character's last deeds... That's why I'm so convinced the director of the movie set out to carry some sort of religious message.

Level 6
GAME OF THRONES SEASON 4!!!!!! *.* <3 :p
Two weeks to go!!!!

BTW, I'm gonna ask a stupid/obvious question: who in here MUST go watch Warcraft in 2015? I'm not sure if i'll be able to live with myself if I don't watch that movie in the cinema!

Level 6
nhs325 said:
you DO NOT want to watch it. it has negative reviews from our film critics (Vietnamese critics)

You know what they say: see to believe :p

It's the same as everything... for example, some albums from bands that I listen to have been terribly rated by critics, yet I like them all the same :)

Level 9
Anyone here watched Epic yet? A good animation movie with battles. I'm gonna write part 2 on FanFiction.

Level 9
Like another thing from Twilight, which is CRAP. Like when the Host comes out. I'd rather stay at home watching Armageddon.

Level 9
Just read some preview about Divergent on IMDb, which is pretty good. Changed my mind already. Although they rate Epic normally good, I still think is underrated.

Level 6
And I've watched Epic! That slug is just... when it starts mocking about the dude's eyes... kkkk

Overall, I think the movie's awesome, really well done, both epic AND fun, without spoiling the film and turning it to a parody, which is, in my opinion, something difficult to achieve.