1. The poll for our 11th Music Contest is up! Help us choose the most awesome cinematic tracks by casting a vote!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Melee Mapping contest #3 - Poll is up! Vote for the best 4v4 melee maps!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice

Discord Notification When Map Is Hosted

Discussion in 'Multiplayer, Clans and Arrangements' started by TriggerHappy, Jan 29, 2019.

1. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Bot Account: Triggs#6611

The past few days I've been working on a bot which can notify you in Discord when a specific map is hosted.

[​IMG]

Commands
    • !notify <pattern>

This command supports filename wildcards. For example if you want to catch any version of Island Defense you can type "!notify IDProt*". More information on Wildcards here.​

• !forget <pattern>

Forget a previously entered pattern.​

• !notifyhash <sha1>

If you know the sha1 hash of the map you want to be notified of you can specify it with this command.​

• !forgethash <sha1>

Forget a previously entered hash.​

It's also useful for community Discords where everybody plays the same map.

[​IMG]

If you would like something similar to the screenshot above for your community, you can create a bot to listen for DMs from Triggs (my bot) and repost them with yours in whichever Discord you like. This will keep load off of my servers and is much simpler than creating a public API.

2. Jaccouille

Jaccouille

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey my community just needed that, gonna give it a shot.