• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Discord Notification When Map Is Hosted

Bot Account: Triggs#6611

Triggs is a Discord bot that can notify you when certain maps are hosted. You can tell the bot to post in a specific channel, or it can privately DM you.

If you are an administrator, you can add the bot to your server using the following link:
Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Otherwise you can simply direct message the bot.

Commands
  • !notifychannel <channel-id> <regex>

Tell the bot to notify a specific channel when a map is hosted. You must be an administrator of the server the channel is in, and you must give the bot permissions to post there.​

• !notify <regex>

Tell the bot to privately message you when a map is hosted.​
  • !stopnotify <channel-id?>

Stop notifying. Leave the channel blank if you want to stop private message notifications.​

• !help

List available commands.​
  • !setroles <channel-id> <roles>

Separate each role by a comma.​
The regex pattern will match against the map's filename, game name, and sha1 hash.

triggs1-jpg.372862
triggs2-jpg.372863

Attachments

• triggspreview.png
    triggspreview.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,741
Last edited:
Absolutely great service you offer, thanks. The reaction time delay from wc3 maps hosting site is still sometimes long, but we definitely go with it. :)

There have been some changes since you made this post. The bot should take no longer than a minute to report the games now, and it's usually around 30-50 seconds.

I also updated the bot to only respond to DMs or when it's specifically mentioned with @Triggs. This is to prevent conflicts with other bots who also use "!" for commands.

New update.
- Notifications now display how many players are in the game
- Notifications now show if a lobby is open or closed
- Ability to have the bot mention roles (!setroles <channel-id> roles)
- Fixed Triggs not responding when mentioning him outside of DMs
- Improved overall accuracy and performance of the bot

triggsupdate.png

Level 4
I'm having issues with setting up permissions it seems, I continue to modify the channel, role, and am the server creator. Is there by chance a set up tutorial to help me problem solve what i'm overlooking?

Edit: I figured out what was going on, I used the "Channel Name" and not "Channel ID". In order to find/see Channel ID you must turn on Developer Mode and once that is done you'll be able to right click on the desired channel to receive the ID.

I am not able to get the sha1 Hash to work, but at least it's a start. If someone could explain this I'd appreciate it. I attempted what was previously stated above, however, i've not obtained any luck so far.

Last edited:
I'm having issues with setting up permissions it seems, I continue to modify the channel, role, and am the server creator. Is there by chance a set up tutorial to help me problem solve what i'm overlooking?

Edit: I figured out what was going on, I used the "Channel Name" and not "Channel ID". In order to find/see Channel ID you must turn on Developer Mode and once that is done you'll be able to right click on the desired channel to receive the ID.

I am not able to get the sha1 Hash to work, but at least it's a start. If someone could explain this I'd appreciate it. I attempted what was previously stated above, however, i've not obtained any luck so far.

I will improve the setup instructions on the next update.

I get double notification with different creation time for a ''map name''

I'm aware of the bug and I will fix it soon, thanks.

Level 6
Yea the use-case I'm thinking is a "live games" announcer-channel (so unhosted games dont need to be there).

There can be another channel that stores logs for history purposes.

Right now to do this there needs to be another bot that deletes all messages in channel periodically.

Hello,
I'm trying to set up the bot but for some reason it's disconnected so it doesn't work. Do you happen to know what to do?

Sorry about that, my server ran out of space and it corrupted the data. Unfortunately my last backup is a month old so many servers will have to reconfigure the bot.

Level 6
For some reason it stopped working for channel based messaging. I readded the bot and checked permissions but it still doesn't message in specific channels (works private message though)

Edit: it started working.

Last edited:
Level 6
Hey,
I noticed !setroles <channel-id> roles does not show under !help.

Suggestion: Would it be possible to specify conditions for !setroles?
Many discord servers are dedicated to one custom map that features different game modes or stages of progression.
I believe it would be helpful, if possible, for a command to check the game name for defined variables, after !notify conditions are met.
Once those variables are known by the community, everyone should automatically get more precise pings via role management.

Appreciate the work!

The bot was down for a couple days and it was completely out of my control. Sorry about that.

The issue with games being double posted should also be fixed now.

Suggestion: Would it be possible to specify conditions for !setroles?
Many discord servers are dedicated to one custom map that features different game modes or stages of progression.
I believe it would be helpful, if possible, for a command to check the game name for defined variables, after !notify conditions are met.
Once those variables are known by the community, everyone should automatically get more precise pings via role management.

Appreciate the work!

It should be possible but I'm not sure when I will get around to implementing something like that.

Last edited:
Level 1
Hello, first time on the forum posting so thanks for having me :)

Anyways, The bot seems to post the same game 2-5 times on my Discord Server, i did tell the bot to notify the bot to use the map name i think it happend after you updated the bot.

Thanks for reading.

Level 1
Yes Starting around 10 PM where the first game was hosted after you applied the fix seems to work now thank you very much again for your work its a blessing for the communtiy !

Level 6
Hey, here to report that the bot stopped posting notifications yesterday.
Bot is fine. I'll follow up with a suggestion.

Suggestion: Triggs Status Updates
If possible, Triggs could send manually input messages or wc3maps.com could have a status checker for Triggs.
That status could automatically be changed by a number of reports via a "report malfunction" button after which a message would be sent out.

Last edited:
Level 1
Im having a problem. I was able to get my channel id and code for which map i want the bot to announce.

I cannot get the permissions correct... I even gave it full admin permissions, it still complains about not having enough access. I did do the auto link it provides and gave it access that way as well. Still cannot do any commands, it just responds with"I do not have access to that channel, or it does not exist. Make sure you add me to your Discord server and give proper permissions."

Please help!

Level 6
Bot worked stably until this Saturday. After that, the bot was "offline" and still does not work. I thought it was in the server, created a new one and decided to test the bot on it. On the new server, the bot was also offline. Did something happen or is it a temporary problem?

Bot worked stably until this Saturday. After that, the bot was "offline" and still does not work. I thought it was in the server, created a new one and decided to test the bot on it. On the new server, the bot was also offline. Did something happen or is it a temporary problem?

Fixed, thank you.

Level 2
When the bot works it's awesome, But for some reason the bot does not 100% notify of my hosted map. I'm sure you're aware of the problem TriggerHappy, but I'll describe it briefly if you are not.

When I set up DM notifications and channel notifications: Sometimes the bot notifies both, and sometimes the bot only notifies one of them. This issue exists when the notifications were set up for identical <regex> and the my 'notification test' was ran for 5 minutes.

Level 1
@TriggerHappy
I have the exact same issue.
If it's a permission issue that isn't resolved while giving admin permission, discord recently reinforced some things and you now need to declare discord.Intents.all() to perform some special actions like retrieving whole list of members of a discord, and some others ...

Level 2
Is this a bug or a feature?

I have an issue when using
Code:
!notifychannel ### XXX

It appears that the bot will only notify a single channel based upon the last command it has received. I attempted to load roughly 8 commands (for a single channel) into the bot, and it appears to only respond to the "last loaded command" when new maps are hosted.

Strange thing is,
Code:
!notify XXX
has no problem taking multiple commands, and responding with notifications to them accordingly.

Last edited:
Is this a bug or a feature?

I have an issue when using
Code:
!notifychannel ### XXX

It appears that the bot will only notify a single channel based upon the last command it has received. I attempted to load roughly 8 commands (for a single channel) into the bot, and it appears to only respond to the "last loaded command" when new maps are hosted.

Strange thing is,
Code:
!notify XXX
has no problem taking multiple commands, and responding with notifications to them accordingly.

You can supply multiple patterns in a single regex. For example:

!notifychannel ### (Vampirism Fire|c7b78db248072969b1ea8c7f3edd7fc352e3e4bb|Vamp Fire)

New update.

• The bot will now notify you if a game has cheats in it.
  • The map's actual title is now displayed if the map is in the database.
  • Instead of showing the full date the bot will show how long ago the lobby was started. When the lobby closes, it will show the date.
  • You can now see player's avatars.
  • If the map is not in the database it will show the map's filename.
  • Cleaned up the embed design a bit.

triggs1.jpg
triggs2.jpg

triggs3.jpg

Level 1
Sorry, I'd like to ask why I still can't set the bot to my channel. #TriggerHappy

@Triggs !notifychannel #game-hosting Defends GX

Is there anything wrong with my syntax above?

He still keeps prompting me

(I do not have access to that channel, or it does not exist. Make sure you add me to your Discord server and give proper permissions.)

Can you provide the teaching process? ty