1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Disapointments with StarCraft 2?

Discussion in 'StarCraft I & II' started by JimBob, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why was this in response to me? I was being sarcastic there, and I agree with you entirely.

2. JimBob

JimBob

Resources:
    Resources:
    What makes you correct? Your the one whinning about achievements. I'm just speaking the truth, brudda.

I do understand the drastic changes it would cause, but if Blizzard ever feels like adding another race in the future than they will. I already said it was too late for them to do it now. I didn't think it was a good ideal to do it now anyway.

By the way, I only stated my opinion and never stated it as a fact. Who knows what Blizzard will do? Your taking this way too seriously.

Casual player? I've followed Starcraft since it began.

{EDIT}
    I guess we can all agree that Battle.net 2 needs some changes.

It seems we have mixed reviews on the story. However, Blizzard is only 1/3 of the way so far. They still have a chance to redeem themselves to those who are disappointed.

The gameplay of both Multy and Single player seems to have gotten very good reviews.

Not many people have expressed disappointment with the graphics, sounds and effects, so I'm guessing the reviews on those are satisfying enough to be good.

Overall, Starcraft 2 is a good game. I'd give Wings of Liberty a B+. I hope Heart of the Swarm will be even better.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2010
  3. MySpaceBarBroke

MySpaceBarBroke

Resources:
    Resources:
    ...How did I not see that? Fucking mallet to the face right there.

4. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Idc about achievements, nor whine, I was saying it's stupid to have them in that retarded way - everything you do gives you an achievement instead of being something much bigger and longer to play in order to achieve. The account looks like a spam of shit pictures like that. This is a WoW bs I suppose. Is it so much to make an achievement require a lot of games and not 1 game = achievement, and something more serious as achievements? It's so stupid. I just dont look at them, that's my solution.

That's because some play for icons, isn't playing for portraits enough, that they made achievements? To have an account overloaded with shit. It seems Blizzard developed a whole new type of playing - play for pictures! - Soo childish, what are we, in kindergarten? And wheres MOMMY? Oh I always lol at that even at war3 that had few icons, playing for icons.. When I played war3 I would start different accounts with every new team. Spamming too many games on one account in war3 wasn't good especially if the acc had a little above 50% or under 50%, though in 2006 I did have an acc with 1500+ games and Blood Mage icon. Then I would never stay at 1 acc, yes call me smurf hahaha.

Casual is someone who plays occasionally I believe, non-casual is someone who plays daily and lots of games, it doesnt matter if you follow SC or not.

5. Darkness-4ever

Darkness-4ever

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was disappointed a little bit by the story. I just can't believe the entire time, Tychus was under watch from Mengsk and in communication (as shown towards the end) and still he allows Raynor and Tychus to pretty much destroy his reputation with the media blitz. Other than that, I thought the story was overall good, campaign missions weren't what I expected, playing it on brutal made every mission seemed timed but I did notice that just about every mission was unique in how you played and what needed to be done, not simply Destroy the Enemy base. I enjoyed the intermissions between missions and was always interested to see what was next in the news, as far as the part about cliches go, people, everything is cliche at this point, if you let that get to you then you're in for a very aggravating life. As for the part about fourth race, it just feels too soon, 2 RTS games in a row that have four races? I'm not saying it'd be bad or screw up the gameplay, but it would definitely make them seem like they are riding on the popularity of WC, besides, as far as campaigns and race uniqueness go, I like the 3 race setup. The editor is fine, but definitly takes getting used to, just remember to go to preferences and BACKUP FILE, you will definitely be needing that if you open and close maps frequently or use the data editor heavily (crash prone). B.Net 2.0, oh theres just so much wrong, so so much wrong here, I honestly can't come up with a single thing that makes it better than the b.net from Warcraft 3 (in many ways its worse). As far as things need improving go, priority on Battle.net 2.0 comes first, editor a very close second (needs less crashiness, and possibly a few more item related actions), and last thing that I don't mind but could be improved on is achievement point balancing (10 points for 500+ wins?) and cross-realming.
    Final opinon: Great game, glad I bought it, even though I had beforehand illegally torrented for free and played campaign offline.

6. Karawasa

Karawasa

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    They need more fucking models!!!

7. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If anything is childish it's this.

--

I have 2540 achievement points (and counting) and I like it that way. So sue me.

--

JimBob, we're obviously all entitled to our opinions, but how does "bad story, good everything else" equate to B+? (Unless you mean good but not great)

8. Damondred

Damondred

Resources:
    Resources:
    1. I do not like that you cannot load custom single player games. If you can then I take it back but I have not seen an option for it yet.

2. I hate the fact you can't abort the timer in multiplayer. When someone in a TD leaves while counting down it can ruin the game for everyone.

3. I don't like the fact all maps must be submitted and approved by Blizzard before it can be played online.

4. I don't like how they gave us everything we could have wanted in an editor but take away the ability to use custom models. I know there is a work around but Blizzard seems to deny any maps submitted with custom models.

5. From comments floating around the internet it is looking like Activision is forcing Blizzard to sell DLC. Basicly they will release model packs and stuff for use with the editor and other stuff. Just rumors but knowing Activision I wont say it's not possible.

9. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes and you could've just had 1 big for those games. No it's not my idea only, Jinro at TL also said the same about achievements being kidlike. But it's not a problem ofc, maybe something to ignore like we ignored Facebook, eventually. It's just that I facepalmed when I made a win and an achievement appeared entitled 'I won!'

10. StormWarriors2

StormWarriors2

Resources:
    Resources:
    My mistake D: I accidently put in it in there because i forgot the Word XD

11. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I was referring to your diction, not the concept in general. Also, name-dropping doesn't help.

12. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It's not about helping or not. Before I post something to say it is a must have or not, unlike those here who post on their own, and end up in silly arguments, I firstly see if a pro player has something to say about it, then I decide if I'm with that or not. Because I have no right to say something must be nerfed/changed/removed etc when I dont see such things said or complained by one or more pro players. Not that I talk about nerfing, just an example. Yes I follow the line that when it comes to bnet, melee, it's the top players word, no one else has right to talk about nerf/change/remove. Otherwise will look bad and whiny. When it comes to mapmaking, the most famous and best communities decide. I just want to say, for what I post in most cases Im not alone, I have my own opinion but it's after those who have the right for a first word.

13. mrzwach

mrzwach

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You know, if you want to complain about things being childish, perhaps you should try to complain in a way that isn't childish in and of itself.

@the "I won" achievement, was beta exclusive. Likely a test for their system. In all seriousness, is it really that difficult to just not give a shit?
    #3: Incorrect. Maps can be played online immediately after publishing. However, if your map contains inappropriate content, it is removed.

#4: Making an argument without supporting evidence is silly. Links/citation.

#5: Yay, rumors. Because clearly, random people on the internet are such a great and accurate source of information. Also, model DLC is such a retarded concept.

On a side note, I find it rather hilarious that you rely on a pro SC2 player to determine whether or not achievements are childish.

14. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It so happened that everything Jinro posted that time when the forums exploded with NO bnet features threads, all he posted was my thoughts.. it was the same about achievements. My own opinion since I felt bad when I saw what kind of 'achievements' I got. Also on my upper post I said that top players have to decide what will stay, be nerfed or removed. Yes even for these pictures.

Yeah im posting too much lately, just waiting to finish smth to start playing SC2 the way it's played, finally. Then my games will replace posts, I wont deal with misunderstood posts.

15. StormWarriors2

StormWarriors2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Achievements actually are harder to get than what is believed. Like 10 points for one achievement is no awesome thing.
    But adding a fourth race in my mind would screw up the game..

16. Anti_Bodies

Anti_Bodies

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well of course adding a race now would screw up the game. But if it was purposely designed from the beginning nobody knows if it would screw up the game.

17. KaboomMaster

KaboomMaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think the biggest concern isn't that the balance would be lost if a 4th race was added at the start of development but that the addition of a 4th race would have to have an incredibly radical play style to either not feel like a watered down clone of the original trio or it might even degrade the play styles of the original 3 if it took some of their specializations.

18. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I hate all the bugs and other obvious stuff. Seriously, it's just too unploshed for such a great project!

19. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Care to explain? I'd say they polished this game to an almost unbearable shine.

20. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You must be joking... or you missed all the threads around.