1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Disapointments with StarCraft 2?

Discussion in 'StarCraft I & II' started by JimBob, Aug 14, 2010.

1. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Obviously I was exaggerating (but it is easily my favourite RTS campaign), and obviously I am referring to RTS only since it's pointless to compare cross-genre.

2. kola

kola

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    i think, the only way they could do another race is to find something that would make it different from others. it would be pretty hard to find a good idea that wouldnt be a mixt of 2 races. i think its pretty nice this way, every races are very different.

3. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes, they could omit the EZ ones. I'm rather amazed they made so many of them, I dont think anyone would care if they were only 20 or 100 as they currently are. Achievements are silly, im not the only1 thinking so. If they were removed, kids would be like 'plz plz plz i want achivment, i hez achivment plz plz achivment!'. Nothing more to say, I wont look at them. I see some pictures and I dont even read what they are.

They also made tons of portraits and not animated, why? It's much better to have say 20 portraits but animated.

Blizzard decided that they'd be so C00L if they didnt add important battle net features in the 1st place and instead gave you Facepalm, and most importantly - Achievementz. lulz

4. mrzwach

mrzwach

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I like the random ones in the combat section, moderately entertaining to try and get.
    Good job completely missing the point, along with completely generalizing everyone who likes achievements as children just because you can't ignore them (which in and of itself is rather childish, don't you think?)

@portraits, I prefer them not being animated, at least in the main menus and party screen. Perhaps inside the profile of players, but not in the main screen (6 different portraits all animating simultaneously in the top right corner whenever you are in a party would be annoying).

Also, Facebook integration and achievements are not the reason why Bnet is missing important features.

5. kola

kola

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    lol imtor, I was right, you take yourself waayy way too seriously when you play games...

6. JimBob

JimBob

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't think the achievements are that big of a deal whether you care for them or not. If not than just ignore them.

There have been some good points made. Obviously, Blizzard needs to make some changes to Battlenet 2.

It's a good thing they didn't include a 4rth race. The game would have taken much longer. If they want to include a 4rth race they could do so in an expansion or in SC3.

To those who are upset with the way SC2's gameplay is than get over it. Obviously, the game isn't for you. SC2 is old school style. They didn't change much for the sake of the fans. I think the gameplay is fun and awesome.

I don't care much for the Portraits on Battle.net. I don't think it's necessary they have to make them animated like in WC3. It's not that big of a deal.

I still have my complaint about where the story may possibly be headed, but for all I know Blizzard may actually surprise us. I'll give the story another chance. It's only 1/3 of the way through. They just left a lot of unanswered questions after WOL. I hope HOTS can redeem them. I hope Kerrigan is still evil and that this is all some scheme to gain more power and once again crush Jim Raynor's heart.

As for things I really like about the game, I like the graphics. Maybe some don't, but these graphics(gameplay, specifically, not cut-scenes) may not be top of the line, but they're clean, dark and I like that.

I love the missions in the campaign, however, I'm going to have to play it a 2nd time in order to enjoy them to it's fullest. For some reason when I play the campaign for the first time I always try to rush through the missions to see what happens.

Also, the Battlecruisers, Goliaths and Firebats are much cooler in this game. I hated the Firebats in the first game, but now I love them. I'm kind of disappointed in the reapers though. Never found much of a use for them in the campaign. The Marines and Siege Tanks still got it. I like the medics better than the medivacs. The Hercules is cool. The air units for the Terrans are much better than they were in the first game. I always thought the Wraiths were ridiculously weak(still are). The Vikings and Banshee's are much better. The Thor is awesome. Never cared much for the vultures and I don't give a crap about the Hellions. The Marauders are ok. The Ghost are better. I hear the Specter's are cool, but I haven't used them that much.

7. StormWarriors2

StormWarriors2

Resources:
    Resources:
    WHAT? WRAITHS ARE WEAK! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??????? WRAITHS ARE SUPER AWESOME!! NERD RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
    Well anyway Wraiths i miss alot. Goliaths how i miss you

8. mrzwach

mrzwach

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You mean, in Starcraft 1? >.>

Also, I preferred medivacs with their double healing beam + fast unload. Medics/medivacs cost the same supply, and one medivac is cheaper than 2 medics, :\

9. KaboomMaster

KaboomMaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    I find it funny how people imply that both firebats and medics are useless compared to hellions and medivacs when they actually aren't. If you are going pure barracks build then firebats are better than hellions since they can be healed by medics/medivacs and keep pace with rines and rauders acting as a durable vanguard since they can be healed whereas hellions pop after short amounts of fire since they can't be repaired unless you carry an SCV train which is tactically and economically impractical. Medics are more useful than medivacs since a decent sized medic train can survive through a large majority of firefights by medic-medic heals which medivacs cannot since they are flying mechanicals which also leave medivacs as vulnerable air targets to any specialized ground to air or air to air units since the medivacs will always be primary targets.

10. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Just like in war3, animated in profile, non-animated in the game lobby, hope they do it and someone raises that question to blizzard forums.

No they aren't the reasons, it just looks ludicrous to have them instead of the needed features, that could've switched places which will come first if those come at all and hopefully are not an excuse for char channels etc.

Yes it's called playing serious, not just for fun. Achievements arent something with which I cant live but they are just made in a stupid way, face it.
    -----

And to get to the point, as you can see bnet does need a lots of fixes, so all these whine about it, it's normal, but I dont see why ppl whine over the campaign when it's made so great and the story. That's what I mean that similar threads and topics emerged that is just useless bitching about - why is game so fast, why no 4th race, why X killed Y, in the CPG etc.

11. kola

kola

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    and what rank are you mr. serious?..

12. KaboomMaster

KaboomMaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    People whine about the campaign because it felt half-assed most of the time and only vaguely interesting the rest of the time while it's obvious that Blizzard's time went almost entirely into making the competitive ladder which is also why the game is so fast compared to SC1. Honestly one of the things I dislike about SC2 the most is how Blizzard played it off as being the best game of the next century in story, custom, and ladder modes when it's obvious to see where all their time went.

13. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I was warming up on some tournaments. haven't played since July, got sc2 recently, no rank. Will go for Diamond apparently. nothing impressive all thx to the numerous divisions where there may be Diamond with the skill of gold. Generally was in platinum in beta, didnt have time to go up with resets.

Haha I wouldn't say so. Unless you mean 'Blizzard's time went on some completetly inappropriate ladder&ranking system'. Because that's what all say on forums, the bnet 2.0 sucks. so it either went somewhere else or was wasted on a bad battle net. Ok when I do the campaign, I'll say but the videos look great and nothing like bad campaign

14. LucasMapurunga

LucasMapurunga

Resources:
    Resources:
    About the comented here, i really thought the end would be better.

1. Kerrigan is human now (btw, SC2 infested kerrigan was different from SC1. In SC1 she had red haired too when transformed /details). lol, she'll probably control the zergs again, cause she is not infested anymore, but if she was separeted totally from her zerg part, she would've died too. Or no. Maybe as someone said here, it's just a screen for big bad zerg characters.

1.2 The Primary Hive was destroyed. Zergs don't have the numbers from before, but they just can adapt and raise fast. Who knows. Also, where in the world is Duran ?

2. Battle Net probably will be adapted later. Blizz isn't stupid enough to doesn't hear people complains.

3. Achievementes are just great ! I just got "Indestructible" :mwahaha:

15. StormWarriors2

StormWarriors2

Resources:
    Resources:
    actually thats false. Zerg still have their ENTIRE HOMEWORLD!

16. KaboomMaster

KaboomMaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    I highly doubt Blizzard gives a sh*t especially after Blizzard just announced that you can pay to change your name just like in MMOs except that SC2 is an FPS.

source: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/572264

17. WOWWARS

WOWWARS

Resources:
    Resources:
    I want like a easier way for people to make models it could really help th3 crappy custom maps out there.

but for now wc3 wins cause: better games/clans/just funner

18. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    SC2 is FPS?! .. You mean RTS. There is also a free name change. I was gonna be using the alternative name again but seeing how pro players use their main nickname, I decided also to go with my official nickname.

Does any1 wanna ask Blizz on their forums will they make profile portraits animated and when we'll have cross realms, I dont wanna reveal my true nickname to the trulz at bnet forums :)

19. Kamikaye

Kamikaye

Resources:
    Resources:
    My main complaint would be about the gameplay of the campaign.
    I expected more strategy and less mini-game character in the missions.
    The mission where Lava comes up every 5 minutes was cool , but the train catching or the defense of the laserbeam included less base destroying than I expected.
    I loved Starcraft 1 missions with a map full of enemies, you had to defend first and then plan the offense to kill one base after another. There weren't many missions like that in SC 2.
    Another, for realtime strategy unneccessary point would be the in-between scenery on the ship. It felt like a point and click at some point. I didnt like that. Sure the way it was in SC 1 with that screen-chamber was pretty cheap compared to what is possible today, but I think they've overdone the movie-fication of the game.

Yea and the TV station was pretty annoying. The humor was somewhat flat. As if an interstellar broadcasting agency would send something like that.
    I liked the ads though.

The battlenet without chatrooms sucks and I dont see a future for the custom map system as it is right now, small or new maps will go unnoticed with that.

20. LucasMapurunga

LucasMapurunga

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, they still having a homeworld. But if Kerrigan was the Queen of Blades (failed in SC2, but yet, the Zerg Leader) , and as Kate Lockwell says "the Zergs don't are abandoning their conquererd homeworlds, but a big part of their forces is retreating to the primary have on Char" <- Retreating to defend Kerrigan. I hardly think Kerrigan hard far more forces than that.

And if Blizzard DO NOT "repair" that 2.0 Battle Net, they'll probably lose a lot of costumers. Casher as Blizz is nowadays, they will (or at least I really hope they will) add at least the chat in rooms