1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Disapointments with StarCraft 2?

Discussion in 'StarCraft I & II' started by JimBob, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Anubis_theDark

Anubis_theDark

Resources:
    Resources:
    While the campaign ( mechanics that is ) is indeed really good, it is killed by the shity story. They have more cliches in it than another stupid teenage comedy movie, and the whole story makes no sense. For example the whole freekin dominion is looking for raynor and they cannot find him ( hell a ghost could kill him and make it look like a simple accident ), while every low life in the galaxy seems to have no problem in finding him. Then comes the end part. The dominion has a huge fleet and a massive army but they don't invade char. They wait until the zerg cripple them, and they take only half of what ever is left of the fleet to invade char. If this makes any sense to anyone pls explain why ? I love sci-fi and have read crap loads of sci-fi books ( a book is much better than tv shows ), and the story of starcraft feels like it's been done by a 7 years old kid trying to write it's own little fiction with 'bad boys' heroes that are saving their love and wars that make no sense when they happen.

2. Fussiler1

Fussiler1

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Mengsk is afraid he'll turn into a martyr.

Because invading Char would be theoretically, impossible? After most of her Zerg forces were gone, then it would've been possible, which happened.

Sorry if I'm wrong.

3. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think Raynor and Mengsk had a little incident where Raynor saved Mengsk's life. Since then, for the sake of old rivalry or just the Hyperion, which was originally Mengsk's cruiser, Mengsk makes propaganda against Raynor, but isn't really out to get him.
    As for the Dominion invading Char, it doesn't seem like a very viable option. First, because you see how the Zerg started invading multiple planets simultaneously at the start of the campaign. If you watched the UNN Studios news in the final missions, you'll also know that the Zerg withdraw from those planets and begin concentrating at Char. The Swarm should outnumber the Dominion easily; plus, if the Dominion lost the battle, who would defend their cities? They had too much to lose. Raynor went there because of the chance to save Kerrigan.

4. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    When I said beta forums were flooded by useless whine, here it's becoming the same. The only reasonable complaints are the bnet ones, including hosting, popularity lists and such.

Im a war3 player for 7 years and im used to that game, I've played SC in the 90s and in 2000. I dont cry that SC1 has only 3 races, it is too fast, no heroes, you can't rotate buildings and bs like that. And it isnt just me, no normal player has such complaints, they just play the damn game. I also accept it as it is, because this is Starcraft, not war3 or DoW (please dont even mention that name).

@Anubis: If you want to rotate buildings press Delete or Insert and camera rotates. problem solved, dont whine. This is SC, it's made like it, so if you come from non-blizzard RTS, stay there, no need to complain over something accepted by all for years already. SC and war3 has a lot more competitiveness that some special camera 3D RPG style moments or things like that. SC doesnt care about it, SC cares about micro, macro and things that are a lot more important than other games. Im not gonna argue with such cause arguing with them is just pointless, like talking to a tree, they just say what they want and stick to it. And i've heard such whines like hundreds of times.

@Gilles: As I said, this is SC. As Purple said above, do you know how hard it is to balance, not to say a whole new race? However, for campaign they could make a 4th, 5th etc, race like the Naga for war3.

@Just_Spectating - I think seeing the movies is worse. I came across Kerrigan story and she's made hot and cool, felt sad in what I saw, but it also included some videos apparently from the campaign and I didnt start it. That also ruined it for me but, there comes this: watching once you won't remember what they say, how it happened so, it isn't ruining that much. Wait till you forget it and start campaign, it won't be that different from never seeing/reading about it.

Whining over the campaign? I won't comment it. Unfortunately I saw the videos a little in advance but I dont remember what they said, so Im pretty sure it will be like new next time I see them, though I liked it very much, so I think it's made great, dont whine.

5. mrzwach

mrzwach

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    1. I like the portraits, they look cool and are a neat addition. The fact that the slots in the lobby are so large you have to scroll is pretty retarded, I must admit.

2. Lots of people actually like achievements, they are fun little things to try and get. Don't speak for yourself then claim it as the majority opinion.

6. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Just a note on portraits: Why aren't they animated like in war3? I asked Blizz once but they ignored that. I also want them animated. It seems they chose quantity over quality. Better make animated or they are already in the MPQ.. than tons of pictures.. See again? The prob remains in bnet, not campaign or others, the rest is just useless crying.

I also said that achievements should be rare to achieve and should be like - blizz map contest winner, tournament winner, these are just pointless but I ignore them, since they are made for the 'YAY I WON!' idiots.

7. mrzwach

mrzwach

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    IMO, they should make the achievements actually have points equivalent to how difficult they are to achieve.

In example, you get just 80 achievement points for winning one thousand melee games as one race. I think I got more than that just for playing three missions in the campaign. I mean, seriously?

Also, some of them are just retarded, ie the one for killing 5 changelings. Good luck, better find a 1v1 opponent who really fucking likes using changelings.

8. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If you don't like toasts (notification that your friend just got some achievement) then turn them off?

Also, achievements are fun. Some friends and I try to farm as many as possible just to see how many we can get. We are all around 2500 points right now.

9. kola

kola

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    hmm, i rly dont see what is the problem with achievements. its just FUN. not usefull, fun.

Also, for anubis that was complaining about the 3 games u need to buy for the complete races, You know that Sc2 : Terrans had the same number of campaigns as Wc3. So selling them all separated is very normal. (they could sell it all in one but it the cost would be the same : 180$)

10. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Exactly, the achievements are not even fun to achieve in their retardation. And since you achieve them inevitably, the best cure is to ignore.

I think icons were just fine for say 25, 100,150 wins, not for 10 20 30 and such. achievements... Now that you can't change accounts, or create new, you will end up spamming games anyway, something I dislike but anyway, fact for why not make things harder. This bnet just has things to fix, like ladder divisions, and such.

Also I really want animated portraits for some reason, make them 10-20 instead of 100 unanimated, just pictures, what were they thinking.

11. MySpaceBarBroke

MySpaceBarBroke

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm assuming you mean the in-game portraits, in which case there are animated portraits. It's by default turned off in lower graphics settings. The rest of this paragraph is incomprehensible.
    Yes, it really takes an idiot to feel good for winning a game.

Listen, all games are pointless. You accomplish nothing. That doesn't mean you can't have a little fun playing them. Similarly, there's nothing wrong with having a little fun trying to get achievements.

12. kola

kola

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    i rly don't understand why achiements are annoying you. Or you take yourself way too seriously or you dont like SC.

13. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You assume wrong. I'm not playing low graphics and I'm talking about battle net portraits since in the next post I mentioned icons based on N wins and such.

Feeling good over 1 win or bad over 1 loss is also silly, but achievement for it, you kidding me? You're right they are for fun, and when i dont like them, I shouldnt pay attention. But I happened to see what they are like and I'm thinking - isn't it retarded to make smth so ridiculously easy? How come war3 had icons and there was fun getting them, 750 wins for a hero icon, now that's something. How war3 had not too hard, not too easy, here it is made for little kids.

14. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Isn't it stupid to have achievements in every fucking corner?

15. kewlthis

kewlthis

Resources:
    Resources:
    Agreed. I never needed them and never felt achieving something even if i got one

16. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
  17. StormWarriors2

StormWarriors2

Resources:
    Resources:
    i like the achievements they are random. And actually kinda amusing. :D

18. kola

kola

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    lol... Kewlthis, who needed them? no one, they are just FUN.
    Actualy, there is ez achievements, Normal, hard, Very hard achievements.

19. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's just a little bit subjective. It was loads better than SC1 and most RTS, but I enjoyed DoW2 campaign more than this one. I think I enjoyed wc3 more as well. Tough to say there though since I haven't played it in years.
    As well, when you say "campaign for anything ever", are you only referring to RTS games?

Fair enough. I don't think one race would totally throw that off, but I would bet Blizzard looked into making a new race, and decided against it for good reasons. Personally though, I enjoy more races, and if it was plausible without upsetting the current game, then it'd be well worth it in my opinion.

20. StormWarriors2

StormWarriors2

Resources:
    Resources:
    What you think! Its GW of course its going to be good. And its from the 40k universe everything from 40k is good. Minus slaaneesh.