• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Disabling menu hotkeys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
There are a few avenues that might work.

I have seen someone on the Hive made a system that prevents saving a game. It worked by quickly closing the dialog screen related to saving a game. It may work on the menu screen as well. Unfortunately, I cannot find this system anymore on a google search. Perhaps another member knows. If I remember right it was made by TriggerHappy.

Alternatively, you might try to use UI functions to turn off visibility for the menu frame. I don't know if this would prevent initiating the dialog screen alltogether, but it could be interesting to find out.
Looking through Default Names for BlzGetFrameByName the "EscMenuMainPanel" might be the correct frame to turn off.

I haven't yet seen anyone using this method succesfully though.

Upon pressing the button you wish to redirect to the menu, you could then temporarily enable the menu dialog again, and then force a F10 button press.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I'm unable to test it now, but if I remember correctly I managed to break the default menu buttons by registering a frame event to them with native BlzTriggerRegisterFrameEvent takes trigger whichTrigger, framehandle frame, frameeventtype eventId returns event
Ill try it out. Thanks for the idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.