• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ability Hotkeys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Okay so here's the problem, It's a bit hard to describe so I'll give an example.

I have a unit with 4 abilities, now these abilities' hotkeys are Q, W, E and R. They are given these hotkeys in order of where they appear in the 'add level to ability' section (I hope you understand what I mean by that).

The problem is that if I were to gain the ability with the W hotkey first, it would move to the very bottom left of the interface, where the spell 'Q' is meant to be.

QWER.jpg

So is there any way of setting where an ability will be in the 'learn' and 'use' menu, and keeping it there?

Level 4
The best way to do that is to look at the 'button pos' in the object editor for other skills that are in the desired slot and copy the values into your skill.

Level 7
Sounded kind of confusing to me; but Dark_hunter4 is right; The button position on the unit in object editor can be changed like this-

Y=0,X=0 (Seperate rows X and Y)- Upper Left Corner
0,1- To the right of that, ect.
1,0- Under that, ect....

Level 4
Use this in your Object Editor :
Button Position X - Normal(If im not mistaken the name) : 1
Button Position Y - Normal : 2
(These two on the top will make the ability button position to the 'Q'(bottom left)

Let's say you put this configuration to your 'W' spell. The Icon arrangements should be like this :

| | | | |
| | | | |
| W | | | |

Button Position X - Research : 1
Button Position Y - Research : 0
(These two on the top will make the ability button position to the 'Q'(upper left) when u are going to learn it

Let's say you configure this to the 'Q' spell
(Press 'Hero Abilities' Button) :

| Q | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |

I think this is clear enough:wink:

Last edited:
Level 13
Okay so here's the problem, It's a bit hard to describe so I'll give an example.

I have a unit with 4 abilities, now these abilities' hotkeys are Q, W, E and R. They are given these hotkeys in order of where they appear in the 'add level to ability' section (I hope you understand what I mean by that).

The problem is that if I were to gain the ability with the W hotkey first, it would move to the very bottom left of the interface, where the spell 'Q' is meant to be.

Cartesian-coordinate-system.svg

So is there any way of setting where an ability will be in the 'learn' and 'use' menu, and keeping it there?

Its simple coordinates man,

ch2_coordinate_system.gif

Just make this scheme and its easy after that. The button management part of the object editor works on coordinates.

Status
Not open for further replies.