• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Disabled VMs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Wanted originally to post this in Bug report section, but I've thought, like, hey, what if other users have this glitch going on.

Basically, this is, like, tenth time a random user asks me why are my Visitor Messages disabled, and my tenth time of looking up my profile settings, and then standing there pointlessly and awkwardly, looking at the option which enables VMs from all users, which is turned on.

I've tried multiple times to turn the option off, in other words, to block contact via VMs to non-contacts, and then to turn it back on, but it doesn't seem to work.

I'm sorry if I have missed an update of a sort which no longer allows users to VM each other unless they have each other in contacts, if that's the case. But I'm pretty sure this happens to me only, since I don't see others complain about it.

Any idea what's going on?

Level 30
...and there I have the Mechanical Man who can post VMs on my profile, and we're not in each other's contact list, or friends.

But I've checked it, Heinvers, and would you look at the wonder - dunno when and how, but the option has been set to "Friends". I've turned it to "Everyone" and I guess that's it. I have no clue how that got changed tho, my profile was always open for everyone to post.

Thanks for help everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.