• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Difficulties with balancing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
My map project stopped on this matter - I'm having a hard time balancing all heroes to be equal.

I have set aside some things - once hero gains a level he doesn't gain strength, agility or intelligence. Also all stats are equal for all heroes. This only leaves damage, attack speed and range. Can anyone help me with this? Is there a formula/tool to make things easier for me?

Preferable basic heroes stats:
Damage: 30-30
Attack speed: 0.5
Range: 600

Last edited:
Bad way to balance stuff. Heroes must be balanced, up to their skillset, not those 3 factors you've left with. For example, a hero that has a skill to boost their speed would have a little less speed than the common move speed. A hero that gains high agility per level will have slightly decreased Cooldown time of attack than common heroes.

Higher range should most likely affect low hp heroes.

Balancing means making all heroes have close results in power and winning/losing; it doesn't mean making every hero look identical to one another (stats-wise).

Status
Not open for further replies.