• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
What exactly did you mean by "more balanced" in the changelog? Seems to me that barbarian is still the far weakest class, especially at bosses (btw. funny thing happens when both barbarian and thousand pounder charge against each other)

The new item droprate is nice, however still low (or the game is too short) - often you find only items for a single slot (happens mostly for weapons). Also "Armor 4" has green icon.

Also, isn't zombie wall supposed to act like a wall? So far it's a simple AoE/line damage, and not even that strong.
Last thing: you put in some filter for computer players? It seemed to me that its no longer possible to put in computer players to increase difficulty...

Level 8
Yeah I disabled computer controlled heroes as I thought it has no real purpose.

I reduced the creeps strength in several aspects as it was just too hard for newbies to get decently far. And I have no idea how you could possible see the Barbarian as the weakest hero. While they aren't really a lot balanced yet I find the Barbarian to be the strongest.

Regarding the items. This is just an alpha build and especially the items aren't nearly finished. Most are just placeholders for testing purpose. And I wonder why that armor 4 icon is green as it isn't an imported one. Gonna check that again. And I will increase the Drop Rate.

And Wall of Zombies is not supposed to block. It isn't either in what we've seen from Diablo 3 and would cause tons of difficulties.
I'll try to remake some stuff of the Witch Doctor later on when I have time as I think he's kinda boring right now.

Thanks for your feedback :>

Level 12
There seems to be some problem with stacking Masamune (cleave weapon) with Barbarians cleave, it deals about 3 times more damage to primary target.
Btw. are the spells from items also scaled with attack power?
And yes, now that I played barbarian a couple of times I see he is the strongest, I was able to solo 3 player game as barbarian only.

Level 8
Hmm I gonna check for that Masamune issue. I guess I know what is causing it :/

The spells of the items are currently not scaled to the hero's damage. I wanted to keep them simple at first as they're quite a lot any I didn't want to make one trigger for each of them. That may change in future but doesn't has high priority.

And yeh perhaps I should dedicate the next work onto the items. Though I really hate working on that : d

Level 1
First i'm sorry for my bad English.
I really like your map. I was watched Diablo 3 Monk skills on youtube and i loved abillity Seven Sided Strike, i hope you could make it awesome. Good Luck.
I like your spell scaled to the hero's damage, so can u share me this system ?? Good luck again.

Level 17
that is so sad. I was waiting for so long for this map... this was obviously the best diablo 3 map ever created.

I agree, it was the best map, but it isnt anymore.
We decided to move on, this was not suppost to be such a huge project after all, it was just something we did for fun, but later on it ended up with people getting angry and pissed on us becouse we didnt constantly make new patches, so it wasnt as fun anymore, we had to push ourself to the very limit and release as much damn content as we possibly could for a while.
After that i just got pissed myself.. i just left the project, didnt do a damn, then i got access to the starcraft 2 beta (thanks ralle, your the best), and decided to start mod there insted and give it a new chance.

So, yeah, this is pretty much what happened for me.
I am sure everyone in the team have their own story and all of them probably have valid reasons to why we quit this.

Level 19
Well, we discussed and questioned the project's future internally throughout the end of its life cycle because we couldn't sustain its momentum. We couldn't really catch up with it the demand. This eventually became the project's downfall as LTGH mentioned above.

Even though this project fell apart I wouldn't had mind reliving it. It was nice while it lasted to actually having been a part of such a giant project. However, like LTGH, and most likely CloudWolf, I'm going to continue to map for StarCraft II.

Level 8
I am in fact just working on the map again. Just a bit to release at least one decently playable version. I somehow just got a bit motivation to work on it again, don't really know why. But this project is non the less pretty much dead.

The reason why I stopped it?
Biggest one would be the lack of a modeler in our team. When Boneknight first joined I had high hopes and he seemed to deliver superb work. However he then decided do simply don't care about this anymore and after month I didn't have faith in his promises anymore.

I really wanted the next step which means getting models that fit my imagination. For example I just cannot use the Monk by Tylor as it has too many flaws in my opinion and just looks out of place. Or the Nethermage model by I think Pyramid... it's brilliant but has a horrible attack animation. I asked him to fix it several times but as he got his DC on that model anyways he didn't seem to care much more.
So as Boneknight was gone and it didn't look like other skilled modelers / texturer had any interest I somewhat gave up on it.

Another reason is the fact that the Wc3 engine really limits my progress a lot. Especially terrain, physics and the worst, pathing issues are so hard to work around it's fucked up.
I've spend countless hours (easily multiple days) just debugging stuff or testing things. Like trying to see how the terrain should be made in order to achieve only a little performance loss. Same with pathing blockers.

I wasted really a lot time without getting any progress at all.

And even though there were quite a lot thinks working out nicely I started to doubt that map would become a real success. Also creating the outside would've caused a lot troubles I didn't know how to work around.

On top of that Starcraft 2 is shortly ahead of release and who knows how many people will still be playing Wc3 by then :/

But yeh, there shall be one last version. Perhaps some people waiting for the real Diablo 3 can have at least some fun with it.

Edit:
Regarding SC2 modding. I guess I'll wait a bit with that until using galaxy code becomes much easier.

Level 8
Do you mean projectile system?

And no I won't upload any of my system because they're completely map specific. It's not like I have one trigger and my whole projectile system within that. It's actually scattered in at least 3-4 triggers and uses global variables from all over the place.
That's the case with everything in my map.

Apart from that it's not really very well done. There are much better physics and projectile systems out there. Some that you can even use.

I mean seriously, I could upload my map and you couldn't understand anything because I did poor documentation and have so much shit all over the place. I've huge troubles finding everything myself.

Level 8
Alright guys, I did a lot changes though most of them are less obvious.
I'm gonna test it a bit more and unless I find even more stuff I'd like to change I'll release it tomorrow.

Working on it was actually quite exciting again and in my opinion the map is pretty fun, even for myself although I tested it like 2000 times x_x
I dunno if that's really going to be the last work on it. Regarding the feedback I may or may not work on it a bit more even though SC2 will be out.

I also gonna upload it at the map section. I sure originally had in mind to have an outside area as well but heck, that won't happen anytime soon.
And concerning bugs/glitches abuses etc. I think I got rid of pretty much all of them. Even balance wise I think it's pretty decent now. But more in that regard tomorrow.
Would I say this map is final version? Nah but then again there's no point in only uploading actually finished maps as people just work on and on. Like e.g. Diablo 3 Warcraft.

So even though there's a little chance it will not happen I'll most likely upload the new version tomorrow. It's much more polished.

Level 8
Alright guys, I uploaded the new version at the Map Section and also updated the first post.

Look at the changelog to see all the changes for this version (most likely forgot some minor ones).

I've also updated the screenshots by uploading 44 new ones x.x

Yeah and else I can't say anything but try it out, have fun and give feedback ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.