Diablo 2: Resurrected releases September 23rd

Level 12
Thanks for sharing!

I'll post my comment here as well. After the brilliant product such as Warcraft III Reforged, I'll buy D2R only if it's really good.
Especially cause, honestly, it's kinda pricy.

Level 18
After the brilliant product such as Warcraft III Reforged, I'll buy D2R only if it's really good.
I'm in the same boat - after Reforged, I'm inclined to only buy Resurrected a couple weeks after launch if the reviews are fine.

Still, I'm not going to lie, these cinematic clips are looking good and they got me a little bit excited :D

Level 18
What happened to on or before December 31st 20XX?
Some countries (Germany, I think) require preorders to come with an estimated release date, which is why companies include statements like "releases on or before December 31st 20XX". In practice this doesn't really mean anything, other than maybe pointing towards the year of the release.

Also giving Activison money for D2R you let them get away with reforged
They already got away with it and even if D2R is a massive flop, it won't change anything for Reforged.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 54
Does anyone play the Diablo series for the lore?
I did the first and the second game. Tried the third for that but was disappointed. They went somewhere with Reaper of Souls but that's about it.
As for the fourth, I'll not be surprised since it's open world and basically a combination of all, since you get to kill all demons again.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 54
I'm hoping the team that did Resurrected can take what they learned from that and apply it to IV... unlike Reforged where fans are just left to pick up the pieces.
Resurrected will mostly be a graphics enhancement patch, like Reforged, only the latter went too far and also removed core features of the game.
Diablo IV is a new game, not a remaster, well, in a way it is but that's another discussion.

Level 22
Resurrected will mostly be a graphics enhancement patch, like Reforged, only the latter went too far and also removed core features of the game.
Diablo IV is a new game, not a remaster, well, in a way it is but that's another discussion.
Yes. I'm really happy it still looks (and probably feels) like Diablo. I am also happy it makes some necessary comfort changes like auto gold pickup, bigger/account stash. I'm really looking forward to be playing with a controller from my couch.

Level 18
What worries me is that supposedly Resurrected won't have ladder at launch (unconfirmed / can't find a source).

This sounds like another remaster from Blizzard that was supposed to get ladder shortly after launch...

On a more optimistic note - two remastered cinematics are here:

EDIT: Found the source for the ladder thing: https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/p1ti8o/_/h8h1anb
In case you don't know, Adam Fletcher (a.k.a. PezRadar) is the community manager for Diablo.

Last edited:
Level 12
What worries me is that supposedly Resurrected won't have ladder at launch (unconfirmed / can't find a source).

This sounds like another remaster from Blizzard that was supposed to get ladder shortly after launch...

Found the source for the ladder thing:

In case you don't know, Adam Fletcher (a.k.a. PezRadar) is the community manager for Diablo.
Thanks for sharing this. This means I won't be buying it until I see reviews and how buggy it is, how's the performance and so on...:peasant-grin:

On the other hand, the situation in Blizzard is obviously tough right now, so my expectations aren't really high tbh.