• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Dharn's Land(Ver 1.04)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
DESCRIPTION:

This is a fun map which is basically a modified normal melee map + extra 1 hero(from warcraft history) and a few new items. Players can choose to either kill your opponent with brute force or challenge the great black dragon in the middle of the map to obtain it's treasure against your enemy.

SPECIAL HERO PLACING:

Force 1
Slot 1
[Human=Arthas(Paladin)] [Orc=Cairne(Tauren Chieftain)] [Undead=Evil Arthas(Death Knight)] [Night Elf=Illidan(Demon Hunter+Naga worker)]
Slot 2
[Human=Muradin(Mountain King)] [Orc=Hellscream(Blade Master)] [Undead=Kel'Thuzad(Archlich)] [Night Elf=Tyrande(Priestess of the Moon)]
Slot 3
[Human=Uther(Paladin)] [Orc=Rexxar(Beast Master)] [Undead=Sylvanas(Dark Ranger)] [Night Elf=Cenarius(Demigod)]
Slot 4
[Human=Kael(Bloodmage+Blood Elf worker)] [Orc=Thrall(Far Seer)] [Undead=Anub'arak(Crypt Lord)] [Night Elf=Lightning Protector(Ancient Guardian)]

Force 2
Slot 1
[Human=Jaina(Archmage)] [Orc=Gul'Dan(Warklock)] [Undead=Tichondrius(Dreadlord)] [Night Elf=Furion(Keeper of the Groove)]
Slot 2
[Human=Antonidas(Archmage)] [Orc=Rokhan(Shadow Hunter)] [Undead=Varimathras(Dreadlord)] [Night Elf=Maiev(Warden)]
Slot 3
[Human=Garithos(Dark Knight)] [Orc=Throk'Feroth(Blade Master+Fel Orc worker)] [Undead=Mal'Ganis(Dreadlord)] [Night Elf=Fire Protector(Ancient Guardian)]
Slot 4
[Human=Gregory Edmunson(Paladin)] [Orc=Mathog(Slave Master)] [Undead=Archimonde(Warlock+Demon worker)] [Night Elf=Ice Protector(Ancient Guardian)]

CREDITS:
Blizzard Entertainment for the original map
Hive workshop for the unique models & icons

Keywords:
Dharn, Immhotep, Melee
Contents

Dharn's Land(Ver 1.04) (Map)

Reviews
20:08, 29th Dec 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 3
Had a brief look at this map, and so far this looks like it's similar to the melee game but with a really fun twist. The addition of extra workers to certain races in the game is a great addition to the game and I will play this some more. GJ

Thanks for the comments, if you found any bugs or anything which needs a fix... Please let me know so that I could improve it whenever I can.

Level 28
Are you kidding me?
He's not.
WoW rules said:
The Hive Workshop does not condone, nor will it support, the use of World of Warcraft models because:
  • Models included in World of Warcraft are the exclusive property of Blizzard Entertainment.
  • Blizzard has never released the World of Warcraft models for public use.

You must remove them or this map cannot be approved.
(This counts for all models which were ripped from another game, unless that game is completely open source and has no rules concerning the distribution of their files).

Also if you added few heroes to each race and big dragon on map middle this map is far from finish, you can only add few things, and change few others and then upload map just like that!

Look at it, just like on CnP in icon section, you pick already created map (icon) add few objects (colors) add few triggers (effect) and upload it as your own :sad:

Level 28
i Found Alote Of Map with a Ripped Models From WOW and they Haven't Been Regected:goblin_wtf: LOL:goblin_jawdrop: so we can use wow models?:goblin_jawdrop:
Are you seriously still saying this?

First of all: moderators can't be everywhere, they can't know everything.
If there's a map with imported WoW models (or other imported WoW stuff), how do we know that? Through reported messages, OR rarely because we check the map ourselves.

So unless you REPORTED those maps, like you should have, we don't know about it.

Bottom-line: NO, you cannot use WoW models just because other people do so, that would be one of the most idiotic statements I've seen this week.

Level 3
Also if you added few heroes to each race and big dragon on map middle this map is far from finish, you can only add few things, and change few others and then upload map just like that!

Look at it, just like on CnP in icon section, you pick already created map (icon) add few objects (colors) add few triggers (effect) and upload it as your own :sad:

It's not a CnP thing actually, there are lots of modified spells, items, skills & units... The fun of this map is to allow players to use and versus enemy using heroes with special skills in warcraft history in a melee map. It's obvious that you haven't tried out every hero on this map before you post.

@ap0calypse: I'll try to upload another version without the wow models & thanks for letting me know about this.