1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Monter 1.04

Submitted by n00b
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
"its (not) time"

filler

[​IMG]

WHAT IS MONTER[sic]?[r]
[​IMG]
MONTER is a singleplayer and cooperative boss fighting map. Reminiscent to the Monster Hunter series, players combat a number of bosses with a slew of weapons at their disposal. Monter simulates combat from Monster Hunter very closely; that is, each weapon operates on two buttons and a combo system. Different moves will be executed depending on the sequence of buttons pressed. There are currently six weapon classes.

And of course, the bosses of this game are also very similar to Monster Hunter. Each and every one of your foes will be approached and fought differently. To recognize boss patterns is crucial to players in this game; knowledge of these patterns will probably make this game slightly less harder than it seems.
[​IMG]

COMBAT EXPLAINED
The six weapons in Monter possess a set of offensive and defensive skills: bread and butter combos, evasive maneuvers, etc. When, where, and how much a particular move should be used is important, however. The method which these moves are executed would be via the combo system: AKA, the order and timing of which these buttons are pressed will execute certain moves, depending on the player's weapon class. For example:

Sword: Spin Attack
C+X -> (delay) X

In other words: pressing C and X at the same time will cause the player to execute Jump Slash. Followed by Jump Slash after a short delay, X is pressed to perform Spin Attack. The five other weapons function similarly.[c][​IMG][r][c]
TL;DR

Fite dem boss, mash buttons, win game. There is honestly not much left worth saying, this is just bare bones stuff. Just play it, pansy. And remember kids, soloing this is hard as
d
uck, but doable.[c][r]
Mentions:
Lazers - Slave
freecom - "No"
JesusHipster - Helped with model-related stuff
Free cookie if you don't pick Shotgun/Dual Blades
Also I didn't credit a shitload of people for weapon attachments because I'm lazy
Also do not ask what monter means; do not even think about it
Moosic:
FEARLESS EYES - Junichi Nakatsuru
THE NEW LEGEND - Junichi Nakatsuru
ARMED WITH VALOR - Keiki Kobayashi (promo music)
SC music is best music

Keywords:
monster, hunter, boss, fight, swords, kill shit, button mashing
Contents

Monter 1.04 (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - [Contact] Date: 2012/Jun/30 20:36:59 Comment: [Approved] Bah this needs some rating, there ya go 5/5, it really is neat and fun to play. Resource Moderation - Rules Vengeancekael - [Contact] Date: 2012/Jun/16 18:15:19...
  1. Vengeancekael - [Contact]
    Date: 2012/Jun/30 20:36:59

Comment: [Approved]
    Bah this needs some rating, there ya go 5/5, it really is neat and fun to play.

Resource Moderation - Rules

Old Moderation
    Vengeancekael - [Contact]
    Date: 2012/Jun/16 18:15:19

Comment: [Approved]
    • Add a lobby map description
    • XZC isn't a wise choice for hotkeys, since not everyone has the same keyboard layout, for me the Z button is where your Y button should be :p So maybe try QWE.
    • And show on the screen after you've picked the game mode that you need to type in -ready.

Resource Moderation - Rules

2. Px.-

Px.-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Finally it's out for all. Playing with friends soon :)

3. -Peper-

-Peper-

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    IT'S OUT!
    *downloads*

4. DrizztDoUrden

DrizztDoUrden

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cool, 5/5!
    But life steal animations is bugged - healing animation appears on target, not on attacker.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  5. .VTZ.

.VTZ.

Resources:
    Resources:
    awesome map
    im asking my self how do you attached that guns on that tank

6. Lazers

Lazers

Resources:
    Resources:
    normal missions still suck fix them

7. clockwork2

clockwork2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Pretty fun, unique combo code, mind if I ask to see your triggering?

8. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    F**K ITS OUT!

Try this before and I must say its awesome, 5/5 for sure for its unique gameplay. But might give a review later.

As a Monster Hunter player(PSP) I hope you'll improve this more.

It is.

9. n00b

n00b

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i could do it the other way around but i don't feel like it

the guns are separate units themselves, and their positions are periodically updated according to the facing of the tank

pls go
    he speaks the truth though, i will probably revise normal missions sooner or later

you honestly won't understand my clusterfuck coding, but i'll attach the map i guess
    tl;dr: xbox huge trigger that runs periodically handles all the shit that is the combat system (the trigger is called spell loop)
    i will explain some shit to you before you look at the map
    spell_dur: this is the duration that the player cannot attack after attacking
    gatling_dur: window that the player can execute the next move in a combo sequence
    gatling_spc_dur: inputs like C+X actually operate like this: you press C first, then you are given a short window (around 0.2-0.3 sec) to press X and perform the move
    hit_timer: time it takes for a move to land
    combo_sword: a number that changes depending on what move is executed - and depending on this number you will perform certain moves
    e.g. when using the sword and doing C -> C -> C -> C, combo_sword changes to 1, 2, 3, 4 respectively. also it doesn't necessarily have to go in order like that
    anything that begins with "DMG_": shit for damage calculation bla bla do not pay attention to this

also some other stuff i forgot, have fun deciphering the rest of my moonrunes B)

Attached Files:

10. freecom

freecom

Resources:
    Resources:
    "freecom AKA Advanced Casual Lord"

11. n00b

n00b

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    go on aim

12. frostloh

frostloh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sword:
    Jump slash only works for the first time I cast it, it won't work after that.
    Don't understand how to use Parry.

Shotgun:
    Very nice weapon overall, i <3 it.

Lance:
    Flawless. Pulling off a perfect combo with this weapon is amazing.

Desert titan bugged itself at my second try on it solo - It used that NUEK PLAYER FROM ORBIT!!!1 skill, landed on top of my poor head...and burrowed into the ground. It's not moving any time soon...I've been waiting 5 minutes :p. I might mention that the slow is still placed on me whenever i go near the spot of the burrow. It's invulnerable so i cant do anything, I just -aborted in the end.

Save/load codes for your char would be convenient...but maybe too convenient? Idk if the point of the map is to start over again and again mashing bosses for hours until you win the game...if it is, disregard this suggestion.

P.S. Urgently need a fix for the desert titan bug, it keeps doing that -_-" i had to abort 3 times to get past it.
    P.P.S. i got nuked by the generator when it was at 3 hp...3 freaking hp...so mad.

Overall review:
    One-of-a-kind map in wc3, combat system is nicely implemented although slightly clunky. Great special effects. Learning curve is slightly hard but rewarding. For a first release, this is freaking awesome...4/5 for now, will change rating to 5/5 if that damn desert titan bug gets fixed :p

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  13. LoneBee

LoneBee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This map is pretty amazing, but.. Are the weapons maxed out just until tier 2? Well, i think its because of this is a new release? But you should add more weapon upgrades, or maybe with recipes, it will be more awesome :xxd: oh and i found some bug, if you use dual swords and dodge near the edge of the cliff, it will be stuck here and can't get back, i think you should fixed them, and this map is lacking of explaination too.. Well, all of them are just my opinions, but for the rate, i'll give it 4/5 and +rep :xxd: Its awesome sir :thumbs_up:

EDIT: Wait, i've changed my mind, its a pretty awesome map, so i'll give it 5/5 :xxd:

14. Lazers

Lazers

Resources:
    Resources:
    We used to have tier 3 weapons but they were assimilated into tier 2 and downgraded somewhat because they made the game piss easy

EDIT: also there was a t4 hammer that was beyond rigged

15. Iconer

Iconer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice nice :d :d

16. n00b

n00b

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    updort
    changed hotkeys to QWE
    fixed DT burrow bug probably
    yea pretty much

dunno never had this problem lol
    ill check it l8r

you press X and move somewhere immediately after

mmmmmmmaybe when this map becomes more developed

17. Frotty

Frotty

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Wurst:
    Resources:
    The map isn't bad, bad sadly very bugged.

Bugs:
    • The Scorpion King sometimes remains burrowed in the sand, if he isn't attacked after his jump-attack. You have to abort after that?!
    • Sometimes, without any feedback, I couldn't use my shotgun anymore, this only happened at the omnisorcerer, but I have no idea why.
    • The Bonus-missions from the 2 last normal missions don't get accessible. We had all Missions on A and higher, but still couldn't select them.
    • If you do -suicide while in mission-selecting, you will start out dead in the mission and the grave will at the training ground.

Other Stuff:
    • The normal mission no1 is totally boring. You have to walk across a big terrain, searching for all that spiders...man
    • The obelisk defend is better, but still easy and boring, it takes kinda long but has no action
    • You have to "grind" to beat some bosses on harder settings, but if you got lvl 10 and your upgraded item + charm, there is nothing you can do/buy with your money
    • You only equip 2 items in the whole game. Where is the other stuff?
    • You can only upgrade your weapon 1 time :/
    • The sell-value of items is 10%, why? Thats pretty unfair if you bought something wrong or wanted to try a different item
    • Tho the boss battles are funny and challenging, you can't do much other than just attacking and evading. Because you only have 1 Spell/attack you just mash 1 button and move around a bit. Thats okay for 1-2 boss battles, but then it just loses interest.
    • No replay value, once you beat all bosses, and even if you didn't because the map is bugged, there is nothing to do again. The weapons don't vary that much, you have no hero/character development and you can't save/load your progress
    • The control is unresponsive and shooting shouldn't be a direct cast, but point cast. it's so annoying to position yourself right in order to hit something
    • hotkeys should be QWE

Meh, thats about it.
    As I said, we had some fun, but many things just got boring/annoying.

18. DrizztDoUrden

DrizztDoUrden

Resources:
    Resources:
    Imho, splash is TOO big. Seriously, it should be 3-4, may be 5 times smaller, u hitt half of a map >.<

19. Allain55X

Allain55X

Resources:
    Resources:
    Never knew this game! But I really like BOSS FIGHT so I'll try this one!